Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

what to eat/drink after cardio?

after a cardio session, whats the best to consume? food or protein drink with simple carbs or what?

thanx
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bump
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take whey with glutamine.

theviking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have always heard that the body burns fat for an hour after cardio but i could be wrong.
    "modivation is the key to success"
    "you have got to have strong mental ability to sustand bodybuilding because its gonna make you suffer big time but the reward you get from bodybuilding is SO worth the pain that most if not all people that truly love bodybuilding say BRING THE PAIN"

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Traditionally, endurance athletes were directed to consume something like 1.2 g/kg bw in carbohydrates each hour after their training/competition for 6 hours. (something like that)

Now, it's proven to be more effective to have something identical to the post workout drink regularily recommended for anaerobic (weight) training. A mixture of fast acting proteins, simple carbs and branches chain aminos.

Jean Schernoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: what to eat/drink after cardio?

Originally posted by Buff_Daddy
    after a cardio session, whats the best to consume? food or protein drink with simple carbs or what?

thanx
    If both, drink and food are high in II or GI then it doesn't really matter which one. But personally I would choose protein drink. Why? Because it absorbs faster than when you eat foods, replenishing your glucose levels.

big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000)
    is this for prevention of catabolism?
    6'1" and 180lbs. of pure whoopass
    15.2" biceps (all measurements cold)
    13.8" forearms
    43.25"chest (unflexed) 45" (back flex)
    33" waste
    23" thighs(top) 21"( 6" up)
    15.3"calves
    16" neck
    51" shoulders
    if you wanna get big, you cant be afraid to gain a little weight.
    IF YOU WANNA GET LEAN, YOU CANT BE AFRAID TO LOSE A LITTLE WEIGHT.

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Always, post exercise your body is low in glycogen and is in a catabolic state. It is breaking down protein.

These drinks are to resynthesis glycogen in muscles and to turn on protein anabolism, while switching off protein catabolism

110% has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in my opinion yo do not need high gi carbs post cardio, only postworkout. i just have a whey protein shake around 30 min after cardio as your body is still metabolizing fat for energy even after you finish. postworkout though i will have a whey shake and 75 grams dextrose. though the aerobic activitiy v.s the anearobic activity i dont think u need carbs with running.
    supplements: desire, dedication, determination

"dont let anybody ever tell you that you do not deserve what you want"

"real athletes dont care about salary cap and free agency"

big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000) big-n is just really nice. (+1000)
    thnx for clearing that up...i just drink sugarless kool=aid or water when i am done running...or nothing at all
    6'1" and 180lbs. of pure whoopass
    15.2" biceps (all measurements cold)
    13.8" forearms
    43.25"chest (unflexed) 45" (back flex)
    33" waste
    23" thighs(top) 21"( 6" up)
    15.3"calves
    16" neck
    51" shoulders
    if you wanna get big, you cant be afraid to gain a little weight.
    IF YOU WANNA GET LEAN, YOU CANT BE AFRAID TO LOSE A LITTLE WEIGHT.