thebutcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long to cut?

I "need" to be cut by mid May. This ofcouse is just a goal/target but Ive never cut before and I would like to cut about 5% body fat. Does anyone have any idea about how long it would take to go down about 5% bodyfat with a good bulking diet and cardio. I do no cardio now which when cutting I plan to up to atleast 3 days a week.
    6'5" 221lbs
    14% BF

Goal
    6'5" 235
    10% BF

"Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    3 months to get down to 5% BF. Yoiu forgot one piece of info: your current BF % level.

If your at 12% right now, then it's not a problem at all. However, if you're at 50% right now, there's no way in hell.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think he wants to get rid of 5% bodyfat and I believe he is currently at 14% bodyfat.

If you want to cut, why would you have a bulking diet?

Chemically Imbalanced Wanker527's Avatar
    Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    so you're saying you're wanting to lose...what's that, 11-12lbs of fat? someone correct me if i'm wrong, i just did that in my head. we'll say you lose around 15+lbs...give it around 10 weeks (if you do it properly). best of luck to you.
    "Oderint dum metuant." -Lucius Accius

Registered Sex Offender shitbrickhouse's Avatar
    shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

yes, you might try a Cutting diet...

I plan on losing 5% BF in about a month, but I think that is pretty fast. Maybe 1-2 months, although it could be harder for you to get to 9%, b/c my 1 month goal is to get to about 12-13%.

These are of course just estimates...
    My Pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=34649

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    5% is awful low... i sit around the 7% mark and would not really like to get lower.... and would find it hard... but yes that would be possible...

cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by scott_donald
    5% is awful low... i sit around the 7% mark and would not really like to get lower.... and would find it hard... but yes that would be possible...
    I think he was saying he want's to lose 5%, not be 5%.
    Women are mysteries that are better left to lesbians- Chris Barr, 2004

Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated- Anonymous

Muscle is a High Water Tissue composed of 70% water, 7% lipids (fat) ,and 22% protein. Fat is made up of 22% water, 72% lipids (fat), and 6% protein.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by cmb
    I think he was saying he want's to lose 5%, not be 5%.
    ah ok...

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    aim for one lb of weight lost each week
    "Knowing is not enough, one must apply" ~ Bruce Lee

Sorry for any confusion, yes I want to go down 5% to about 9-10% body fat. I wanted to get an approximate idea on how long it will take so I know when to switch from bulking to cutting. Cutting ofcouse will include an appropriate diet.

Does about 6 weeks sound right to do gown 5%?

Thanks
    6'5" 221lbs
    14% BF

Goal
    6'5" 235
    10% BF

"Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It deoends on how much fat 5% would be. I must have missed the part where you stated your current weight; are you 100 lbs, 300 lbs, 1,000 lbs? Some other weight?
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Its in my signature, 221lbs.
    6'5" 221lbs
    14% BF

Goal
    6'5" 235
    10% BF

Chemically Imbalanced Wanker527's Avatar
    Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Wanker527
    so you're saying you're wanting to lose...what's that, 11-12lbs of fat? someone correct me if i'm wrong, i just did that in my head. we'll say you lose around 15+lbs...give it around 10 weeks (if you do it properly). best of luck to you.
    "Oderint dum metuant." -Lucius Accius