Bicycle Racer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sumo Deadlifts...Do them on Leg Day or Back Day? Help!

Hello All,

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have just started doing Sumo Deadlifts and can't decide which day to do them on.

I have been doing conventional style deadlifts for some time and recently learned the Sumo style and find it much much more comfortable and natural.

I'm on a 3 day split now.

Day 1 Chest Shoulders Triceps
    Day 2 Legs
    Day 3 Back and Biceps

I've been doing conventional deadlifts on my back day but I think I'm working my legs more doing the Sumo style so I was thinking
    of moving it to my leg day.

Would I be overtraining my back by doing sumo dealifts one day and then back the next?
    What do you think...Which day should the Sumo's be done?

Thanks again in advance,
    B.R.
    Last edited by Bicycle Racer; 02-22-2004 at 07:38 PM.

Lacrosse828 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i say do them on leg day. if i'm correct, they mostly work lower back, lower traps, hamstrings and glutes, so you might as well train them while trainging other parts of your legs. throw them in on leg day

Chemically Imbalanced Wanker527's Avatar
    Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Wanker527 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    leg day, imo as well. and as long as you're not doing any direct lower back work on back day then you'll be fine.
    "Oderint dum metuant." -Lucius Accius

Registered Sex Offender shitbrickhouse's Avatar
    shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shitbrickhouse has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you take a day off b/w leg and back day, then i say its better to do them on leg day.
    My Pics:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=34649

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    what ever day they fit in best...

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah i started doing sumo deads and i much prefer them, just body type better suited i guess. I do them on back day. which has 3 days inbetween leg day for me. no problems with that at the moment.

but go for what ever suits you best