Closed Thread
    bboyremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how come there are some many 140 pounds guys on this board?

and almost all of them claim to bench at least 2x their bodyweight

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    look at the forum your in.

apparently teens now-a-days have natural anabolic roids in there blood already.

hell I'm breaking the 150 barrier and benching my body weight.

sad thing is I'm squatting about the same thing. I was a little late to the squats field and working legs field though. So it'll catch up soon enough.

I like my deadlift though. Very happy with that!
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

bboyremy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    look at the forum your in.

apparently teens now-a-days have natural anabolic roids in there blood already.

hell I'm breaking the 150 barrier and benching my body weight.

sad thing is I'm squatting about the same thing. I was a little late to the squats field and working legs field though. So it'll catch up soon enough.

I like my deadlift though. Very happy with that!
    good to know that there're still some people here who care about their lower body

will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000) will-work4ANDRO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah no ****, i just got done having one of the best leg workouts of my life. i hate seeing all these people coming in the gym going straight to bench press. then when there done with that they are headed over to doing curls. this is there daily routine. it pisses me off. keep working your legs man. i keep going towards my goal of squatting 405. i did 315 today for 3 reps. and a round of applause to anybody who still works legs.
    TEAM NORTON
    The"Outwork" mindset changed my entire life, perhaps it can help you as well

Muscle Hypertrophy occurs independent of exercise intensity

Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Wheytgain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think people overestimate the difficulty of a good bench. I mean, most people do reps in the 150 range, so obviously their maximum is around 200. I dont see how that is surprising, or even all that exciting. I'm not talking about the 120lb kids who claim to bench 300, Im just talking in general, 200-250lb bench press is not as hard as it sounds for those who workout consistently.

EDIT: Bump to above poster.
    Theres nothing to see here - move along.

every1 knows my password MANGANIELLO's Avatar
    MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MANGANIELLO has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    who cares how much we lift were body builders

most kids on here are around 140 probably because there athletes and most kids actually care about what they look like on here so there pretty lean , or there just getting into lifting and were really skinny to begin with. its hard to gain being young
    [b]everyone knows my password, keeps posting fake ****

havent posted on this forum in over a year. get over it haha[/b]

Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whingman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by will-work4ANDRO
    yeah no ****, i just got done having one of the best leg workouts of my life. i hate seeing all these people coming in the gym going straight to bench press. then when there done with that they are headed over to doing curls. this is there daily routine. it pisses me off. keep working your legs man. i keep going towards my goal of squatting 405. i did 315 today for 3 reps. and a round of applause to anybody who still works legs.
    a big bump to that...

and good luck wiht your goal it si kinda sad...when i go to school and tlak with this kid about bb'ing and he is laughing at em cuase i do squats andhe tells me that its all about the arms(he walks around with his shirt sleeves rolled up constantly flexing his biceps, it so funyn becuase his arms are like 14 inches max flexed...I mean mine are like 15 1/2 unflexed..but the sad thign is most peopel i tlak to are the same way...its all about the arms...and they all have have 14 inch arms flexed.
    I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things they fear to do, provided they keep doing them until they get a record of successful experience behind themselves.

Sea-man Swallow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weights when you lift mean ****. I have seen guys benching 140lb that have chests twice as big as the guys benching 250lb. Its the quality of the reps that count, not the weight pressed unless you are a powerlifter. I'd rather pre exhaust my pecs and bench 140lb with quality and not be limited by my triceps rather than bench 250lb for three or four reps and get little benefit. I have no problems benching lighter weights after the pre exhaust, and I am 5'10 at 220.
    Peter Griffin: Lois! You have a sick mind!
    Lois Griffin: Peter, I was talking about making love....
    Peter Griffin: Oh, I thought you wanted to kill the kids and harvest their organs for beer money!

Nyeh heh heh heh! - Peter Griffin

Peggy: You stink!
    Al: Wash my socks.

Beyond inconceivable agony,
    Through the dark tunnel of pain
    I hear your voice,
    Flickering,
    In to the silent drop of rain.
    I hear your cry of despair,
    The expectancy,
    Of escape.
    Please help me, help me, help me,
    Get me out of here.
    - 'Nightmare', Rotting Christ

Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beachbum1546 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i give a guy that squats 185 till he passes more props than any person that benches 225 to failure.
    Reps For Life:
    Richie209
    Onita
    BenchPressKing1
    injustcuz

NeedAUsrName has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by MANGANIELLO

most kids on here are around 140 probably because there athletes and most kids actually care about what they look like on here so there pretty lean , or there just getting into lifting and were really skinny to begin with. its hard to gain being young

Yeah I am one of those kids (meaning athletes). I started running long before I started lifting so was like, 5' 11" and 125 lbs. during the cross country season... Because of that my metabolism is through the roof...for about 5 months I ate anything I wanted and still only went up to 130-135. But now I'm on here and doing it the right way...And yes, I do legs as well. They are one of my favorite body parts to work. I'm 140 now though, but have pretty weak lifts. I'm workin on all aspects though (diet, sleep, good workout program etc) so I will see all of this improve!

Who cares if people say they lift whatever they lift. A lot of people are going to embellish, just ignore them and keep at what you're doing.

timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timbo81 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah well it's amazing how much you can lift using momentum. If people lifted properly by using 2-3 seconds on the positive movement and 6-8 seconds on the negative movement they would be lifting far less but showing better results from it.

ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ItalianPowerman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    whats a deadlift???

j/k
    i wrestle

PowerLifting
    www.fortifiediron.com

daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daveB_21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by MANGANIELLO

i agree u dont even look like you trian, and whos this "were bodybuilders" i hope you dont label yourself a bber.
    -DAVE

Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jcfreak_02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    140 lbs is not an uncommon wieght for this age group of males.
    2x BW bench max is because this is an online forum.
    God is bigger than you
    Christianity isn't just a belief, it is a lifestyle.
    "Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did"- 1 John 2:6

i like to lift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it seems like everytim i come to these boards, i always have something negative to say. i mean 140 pounds is not an average weight for somebody who ACTUALLY lifts. i mean if they are eating right, lifting right, and have half decent genetics, they should gain weight. i started off at 120 before i even started to lift weights, by the end of that semester i was up to 160, now its been a year. since then and im up to 188. since then my bench has gone up from 90 for 1 rep, all the way up to 305. deadlift from 230, to 465. dont tell me the guys on here are actually bodybuilders or even power lifters. this board is bull****. and bigknight is straight pussy. hes gay and annoying.