jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Numbness, achy pain/tingling in arms and hands

I've been having bad night deep-achy pains/numbness/tingling in my hands and arms for over a year now. I sleep flat on my back with one pillow. (I'm terrible about seeing a DR.)

It feels like nerve problems. This all started before I started wt. training. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I dismiss it for a while and then it comes back. It is starting to effect my workouts because my hands won't hold on to the bar or dumbbell. It is difficult to write with a pencil or pen for anytime (I'm a school teacher). I'm planning on seeing a Dr. as seen as I get to "town" that has one. (none here). I can live with it, but it sure is bugging me
    POWER UP!!!
    ...and His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength...
    Ephesians 1:19

Teriliel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd definitely see a doctor as soon as you can. My hubby had problems similar to what you are talking about. It turned out that he had some vertebrae (sorry about spelling) problems in his neck. He's been seeing a chiropractor for a while and the numbness and tingling sensations are gone now. Definitely get it checked out jle!!!!

elescher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elescher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elescher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elescher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elescher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elescher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) elescher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sounds like carpal tunnel. Do you work at a computer, or do a repetitive wrist action? Perhaps the weight lifting has aggrivated it.
    Elizabeth
    http://www.elizabethsherman.com

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It definitely sounds like something that needs to be checked out jle.... don't mess around with your health!

LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000)
    doesn't sound good to me either. get to town girl!

Alicat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Agreed, definitely needs a doctor.... please arrange to see one as soon as possible.
    Alicat
    http://www.stronger.me.uk

The only thing you really know about me is...
    ...that's all you'll ever know.

SoCalGal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'am a chiropractor. When a patient says it feels like nerve pressure, it usually is. Nerves from the neck can be "pinched" in 4 places, wrist, elbow, thoracic outlet, neck. Nerves can be pinched in one or more of these areas. Check your pillow size. You don't need a very 'tall" pillow to support the head/neck while sleeping on your back. Patient's get the best result from the "memory foam" type of pillow. Also try to fold a bed pillow in half lengthwise and place it under your knees, this flattens the low back, and has a positive effect on the neck. I would go see a doctor. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

thanks

it's getting better. I find on "high stress" days it's much worse, I carry most of my stress in my necks and traps. I think the muscles are in pain/spasm cycle and clamp down on the nerves.
    I'm going to try to pillow thing and get into a doctor ASAP.
    POWER UP!!!
    ...and His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength...
    Ephesians 1:19

Jestr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definately see a Chiropractor. An MD will only prescribe meds unless they are good enough to recognize you need a referral to the Chiropractor. Your symptoms definately indicate the need for Chiropractic intervention.

My Chiropractor helps me and I would always recommend one.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I recommend you see a Doctor before you see someone else... Even if they refere you on to someone who can do some manipulation work on your back/shoulders (and, just on a side note, you would be better off seeing a physiotherapist, not a chiropractor) you should still check it with a doctor first - nerve damage is not something that you want to mess around with.

Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50) Evil_Inside will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a similar problem:

If I sleep on my hands at all, they fall asleep during the night.

I work on a PC all day long and lift at night.

Someone told me it's probably carpo tunnel syndrome.

I started using a keyboard and mouse wrist wrest at work and it seem to be helping.