cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arnold Schwarzenegger diet

Anyone know what it was during his bodybuilding days? Just curious, thanks.
    Women are mysteries that are better left to lesbians- Chris Barr, 2004

Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated- Anonymous

Muscle is a High Water Tissue composed of 70% water, 7% lipids (fat) ,and 22% protein. Fat is made up of 22% water, 72% lipids (fat), and 6% protein.

MASSIVEVEGAN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He talks about his diet in "THE ENCYLOPEDIA" if no one can post it for you today, I'll get my book and post it for you on Monday.

cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50) cmb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by MASSIVEVEGAN
    He talks about his diet in "THE ENCYLOPEDIA" if no one can post it for you today, I'll get my book and post it for you on Monday.
    Thank you. I've been meaning to pick that up for years.

Muscle is a High Water Tissue composed of 70% water, 7% lipids (fat) ,and 22% protein. Fat is made up of 22% water, 72% lipids (fat), and 6% protein.

sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sidewinda is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, that would be interesting to see, thanks.
    not big yet... but im gonna get there
    the battle of the doggpound has begun

Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by cmb
    Thank you. I've been meaning to pick that up for years.
    It's a good read =)

Long though. I finished 75% of it, skipped alot of the illustrations and competition stuff at the end.
    Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10) massive member is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    same here. i got it real cheap from a business that was closing, was able to skip alot of stuff.
    "Pavel calls the idea of training yourself in isolated pieces "Frankenstein training" and I don't think I can come up with a better term. The body is one piece." Dan John

Hummer1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

I read it all, ALL I tell you !

I went back through the entire book this weekend. Arnold does list three diets in the Encyclopedia, but they are all bullsht. There is no way he or any body else built a body with the diet in the book!!!!! The Diets consist of only THREE meals a day. Breakfast is like two eggs oatmeal and fruit.....anyway, if ya'll still want me to post them, I will, but I think they are worthless.

Originally posted by MASSIVEVEGAN
    I went back through the entire book this weekend. Arnold does list three diets in the Encyclopedia, but they are all bullsht. There is no way he or any body else built a body with the diet in the book!!!!! The Diets consist of only THREE meals a day. Breakfast is like two eggs oatmeal and fruit.....anyway, if ya'll still want me to post them, I will, but I think they are worthless.
    Nah.. I want to know his real diet... you now like 600mg of primo E.D. with 6000 cals.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're right - those were bogus - the 3 meals/day in the book. He always described his diet and exercise in much more "normal" terms when interviewed.

I don't know if you were looking for his cutting diets or non-cutting diets, but I can tell you a little about his normal, non-cutting diets. He never bulked like today's guys do, but he did have a different diet when contests were more than a few months out.

My father used to work out with him and they'd occasionally (not often) eat and discuss it - his off-season, non-cutting was often 6,000 to 9,000 calories (even 10k cal now and then) per day. Three hamburgers and a tuna steak.... but no bread. I don't vant zee bread. Not every day was the same, but the big guys then were eating massive amounts, even by today's standards. But the weight he put on was nothing like today's guys, putting on 40 pounds. Arnie might have put on 20 or 25, max.

Interviewed, he ate three square meals, hit the gym, and ran 3x/week. In reality, lots and lots of eating, health shakes with egg protein, brewer's yeast (and a little whisky for flavor), mass gainer meals, etc.

Anyway, Today's bulking diets will teach you more than Arnold's anyway. The science of bulking and cutting has improved hugely.
    Last edited by zackmurphy; 02-23-2004 at 10:05 AM.

Originally posted by cmb
    Nah.. I want to know his real diet... you now like 600mg of primo E.D. with 6000 cals.
    lol, thats some funny sh*t....

Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aticc674 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by zackmurphy
    You're right - those were bogus - the 3 meals/day in the book. He always described his diet and exercise in much more "normal" terms when interviewed.

I don't know if you were looking for his cutting diets or non-cutting diets, but I can tell you a little about his normal, non-cutting diets. He never bulked like today's guys do, but he did have a different diet when contests were more than a few months out.

My father used to work out with him and they'd occasionally (not often) eat and discuss it - his off-season, non-cutting was often 6,000 to 9,000 calories (even 10k cal now and then) per day. Three hamburgers and a tuna steak.... but no bread. I don't vant zee bread. Not every day was the same, but the big guys then were eating massive amounts, even by today's standards. But the weight he put on was nothing like today's guys, putting on 40 pounds. Arnie might have put on 20 or 25, max.

Interviewed, he ate three square meals, hit the gym, and ran 3x/week. In reality, lots and lots of eating, health shakes with egg protein, brewer's yeast (and a little whisky for flavor), mass gainer meals, etc.

Anyway, Today's bulking diets will teach you more than Arnold's anyway. The science of bulking and cutting has improved hugely.
    Arnold himself admitted that back then bodybuilders used to put on a lot of fat as nutrition was not as advanced as today. He advises today to eat healthy year round to avoid fat gain.
    I disgaree with your stating of 'bulk diet science' - there is no such thing. This was created by the bodybuilding world and it is absolutely not required. IMO one dosent need a bulking/cutting cycle - what is the point of gaining 40 pounds and then losing 20 to acquire 20 pounds of muscle - why 'overeat' in the first place. People bulk because they are impatient - thats my take on this.

zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zackmurphy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by Aticc674
    Arnold ... advises today to eat healthy year round to avoid fat gain.
    I don't disagree with you, but he has absolutely no choice of what to say, now, since he's so widely listened to for health advice. Try explaining "bulking" to 99.5% of the population who has largely no idea how to be healthy. So he says we should all eat healthy. Well, no kidding, Arnold.

But he knows as much as the next guy that competitive bodybuilding, in many respects, has nothing to do with building a better year-round physique. Look at Lee Priest in the off season. Looks like a big tub of goo.

Anyway, in relation to the science of bulking, I use the word loosely in relation to bulking. To me, it is simply less haphazard than it's been in years and decades past. Bulking now is far more understood and can be better controlled, and the effect we have is bodybuilders being able to bulk more (more non-muscle weight, more fat) before turning back to cutting.

I remember seeing Frank Zane guest pose with a small pot belly - it was the oddest thing. But 20 pounds on an Arnold or Franco or Roger Callard or any of the older guys was a very small % gain - not like today, with Ronnie gaining 60 pounds in the off season.

Anyway, I also have a hard time with the concept of bulking, but I'm about to try it for the first time, so we'll see.

newps34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newps34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How can i get my hands on a copy?

Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Timber has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by newps34
    How can i get my hands on a copy?
    You pay $25.

Simple as that, lol
    Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

newps34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newps34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ahh, screw that. I don't like Aahhnold that much.

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Come on yall. Everybody knows and if they dont then here you go.

When you Bulk you OverEat to Ensure the Right Amount (Abundance) of Nutrients are around to Produce Muscle (Repair and Growth)

When you Cut, you Restrict Calories to Ensure that you Burn that BF% Off.

I Feel that There will Always be a Bulking/Cutting Routines Simply because Its Tried and True.