Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Critique this routine *i rep*

Ok so i started on rippetoes about 8 weeks ago i felt seriously undertrained from it and seeing as i would say i had an ok base to begin with and my body had been used to doing the odd bit of weights before and playing a very physical sport so i started to gradually vary it especially in the chest and since then i have seen a huge improvement in my chest lifts. Now im going to add in some extra shoulder workouts. So just comment on what you think.

I am still going to follow the pattern:

Monday - Workout A
    Wednesday - Workout B
    Friday - Workout A
    Monday - Workout B
    Wednesday - Workout A
    Friday - Workout B

etc...

Workout A
    3x5 Squat

3x5 Bench Press
    3x5 Incline Press
    3x5 Decline Press of Decline flies

1x5 Deadlift
    3x5 Barbell Shrug
    3x8 dips

Workout B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Standing military press
    3x5 Dumbbell Raise
    3x5 Lateral Raise
    3x5 Power cleans
    3x8 Pullups

Then on a Monday and friday i am going to leg press on the machine and on a friday add in a few sets of barbell curl.

How does this look?
    Strength, size, power and speed arent achievable without dedication, focus and determination.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Muhammad Ali

Current Lifts 5/05/08

all for 5 reps

Squat 210lbs (narrow stance atg)
    Deadlift 285lbs
    Bench 170lbs
    Row 150 lbs
    Military Press (standing) 116lbs

Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks good but make sure you add some cardio in there somewhere, like on days you arent lifting
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

b

Originally Posted by cboesger View Post
    Looks good but make sure you add some cardio in there somewhere, like on days you arent lifting
    thanks im jsut trying to bulk a bit at the minute to get maximum gains and also im not watching what i eat, i am eating clean and justm akin sure i get enough protein other than that im not bothered. Once may begins im going to be doing light 30 min session after lifting on monday wed n friday and speed agility and interval training on the other days then have sundays and sats off
    Strength, size, power and speed arent achievable without dedication, focus and determination.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Muhammad Ali

Current Lifts 5/05/08

all for 5 reps

Deadlift 285lbs
    Bench 170lbs
    Row 150 lbs

Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by andrewmul View Post
    thanks im jsut trying to bulk a bit at the minute to get maximum gains and also im not watching what i eat, i am eating clean and justm akin sure i get enough protein other than that im not bothered. Once may begins im going to be doing light 30 min session after lifting on monday wed n friday and speed agility and interval training on the other days then have sundays and sats off
    I do 20 min light cardio 2 days of the week and it has worked well for me. Good luck with the bulk, I am also gaining some mass.
    All you other workouts look good BTW
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wanna_b_big has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the cardio depends on if your a hard gainer or not and if you need to have a decent fitness level at the moment! up to you bro!

how many meals are you eating a day and how long does your workout last?

best shoulder workout i have done! (1 excercise)

inclined seat position, smith machine! Position the seat so that the bar is just infront of your face(dont start this low though). decent wide grip. Try to get the seat about 80degress u rekon, and the bottom of the seat on decline so ur wedged in!

its hard to explain without a pic cause i suk at it!

hope this has helped.
    I started as a twig, I didn't turn fat into muscle, I turned nothing into muscle, I worked my ass off! I might not be big but what I have is pure muscle and im proud of it! Can you say the same?

tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50) tomterp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its a start to get yoru body into it but youve got to add alot more if you wana get any where faster
    Why do I do this, live with the constant pain, the suffering, the sacrifice? Why?

Because I can. Because pain tells me I'm awake. Reminds me I'm alive

"He who does not wish to fight in this world, where permanent struggle is the law of life, has not the right to exist."

1,000lb club member

rep4rep an i rep back

basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) basamin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am doing a similar thing, since I wasnt satisfied that Ripptoes was intense enough for me (undertraining). I would say your routine looks pretty good

I think one of the ways to progress your progree would be take pics weekly to determine wheter the routine is working for you or not.

Good Luck

Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rinkamd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    More leg work maybe?

Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ir0n_Samurai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    More leg work. I would take out one of your chest excersizes (decline or flat bench) because you have wayy too much, how would you even last?

I would add in Stiff legged deadlifts or trade it in for normal deadlifts (Make it 3 sets) It targets the hamstrings insanely (my hamstrings have been sore for a week)
    "Plates before mates" -me

biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) biglifta91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thw split seems weak

olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    maybe split the chest exercises up and do one M, one W, one F.
    i'd add some bent over rows or some back work on Friday as well.
    not bad tho

anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anabolistic69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by olinerules87 View Post
    maybe split the chest exercises up and do one M, one W, one F.
    i'd add some bent over rows or some back work on Friday as well.
    not bad tho
    lol. ugh

olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by anabolistic69 View Post
    lol. ugh
    don't be a b!tch again

d

Originally Posted by Ir0n_Samurai View Post
    More leg work. I would take out one of your chest excersizes (decline or flat bench) because you have wayy too much, how would you even last?

I would add in Stiff legged deadlifts or trade it in for normal deadlifts (Make it 3 sets) It targets the hamstrings insanely (my hamstrings have been sore for a week)

I dont think i need more leg work, My legs are pretty chunky already, so i am happy with the size, i got an insane pump from leg pressing the other day.

Yeh think i will add in the stiff leg deadlift i think i need to strengthen my hamstrings alot. My chest seems to be able to take it all, i plan on only doing the 3 or 4 exercises the weak i only do chest once then just do it twice or 3 times the week i do chest twice
    Last edited by andrewmul; 04-15-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Current Lifts 5/05/08

all for 5 reps

Deadlift 285lbs
    Bench 170lbs
    Row 150 lbs

bump

Current Lifts 5/05/08

all for 5 reps

Deadlift 285lbs
    Bench 170lbs
    Row 150 lbs

Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zepphire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Try this:
    Workout A: 3x5 db bench press
    3x5 military press
    3x5 front squat
    3x8 french press

Workout B: 3x5 deadlift
    3x5 bent over row
    3x5 barbell curl
    3x? crunch

Alternate between workout A and B after either 1 or 2 days of rest.