agex000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How Do I Work My Serratus Anterior?

http://www.hardcorebodybuilding.com/musclechart.htm

Which exercises would one do to work the Serratus Anterior?
    I don't know any other name for that muscle, so I included a chart at the url above.

Thx in advance.

-[]-------------[]-

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry about it. It will get hit hard by other exercises. Pullovers help, but they will get hit hard enough with other stuff.

agex000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Heisman
    Don't worry about it. It will get hit hard by other exercises. Pullovers help, but they will get hit hard enough with other stuff.
    Thx. But is there any exercises that focus on them?

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by agex000
    Thx. But is there any exercises that focus on them?
    Hang from a pull up bar and slowly swing from side to side. You have to go slow to minimize momentum. However, you shouldn't really bother.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Heisman
    Hang from a pull up bar and slowly swing from side to side. You have to go slow to minimize momentum. However, you shouldn't really bother.
    bump i've never targeted that area directly as Heisman said they will get hit from other stuff

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There's really no exercise that would specifically target the serratus. They just get hit hard and worked simulatanously from exercises such as bench presses, chins, rows, etc.

Itashious has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

i dont think he wants to just "hit" it with everything else, im sure he was to define the serratus anterior for a reason, its a ****ing sexy muscle

i'd love to know what to do to work that muscle too

what i've seen other people posting is that you should hold a weight above your head and push it upward like a shrug

ha ha "weighted shrugs"

Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10) Methodical4u is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always heard the pullovers too... and chin-ups... making sure that you really think about them as you do the exercise.

Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Joseph_Brosef is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Any movement of the shoulder girdle will target that muscle. This is prob one of the best exercises to hit em pretty hard, also hits the lats and other muscles aswell.

Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    These are what I use. Works great if you don't use momentum and actually focus on using your serratus.

This guy doesn't look to be trying to hard... But you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbiJXW8nSsQ

pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000) pavdiz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Frozn View Post
    These are what I use. Works great if you don't use momentum and actually focus on using your serratus.

This guy doesn't look to be trying to hard... But you get the idea.

youtube. com/watch?v=XbiJXW8nSsQ
    Never thought of doing that. Im gonna try it out tomorrow, thanks man

Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Physio35 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A pushup with the "plus" portion at the top will work the serratus. The small plus portion will make the shoulder blades rotate slightly and that is what the serratus does.

Jens

mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mybody001 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    theyre like abs, you can target them all you want, but if you have higher bf, they will not be noticable. i used to do farmers and pull overs to target them.

waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) waytoodeep03 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your gym has this machine then it works the best

http://www.trulyhuge.com/Upper-Body-Squat.html
    >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>
    >>>>>Lakers Fans Crew>>>>>
    >>>>>Tampa Bay Buccaneers Crew>>>>>

Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A lot of exercises ,from decline bench to pullovers or overhead rows. anything that might push/pull your shoulder blade away from your lower ribs.

Arnold liked the hanging swings, and the high pulley pullover/crunch.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just skimmed through that thread, WTF?

some people really think their **** doesn't stink.
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    I just skimmed through that thread, WTF?

some people really think their **** doesn't stink.
    .. lol .. yeah OH and they guy that started all that is just amazing right now. I wish I had pics. He just looks incredible.

LOL I know when that section was first started some peeps were of the opinion I had no business posting in their because I'm not a body builder.
    Last edited by grace_ou; 02-24-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Scapular pushups, incline pressing and overhead pressing.

The serratus anterior protracts the scapula and rotates it upward. This happens if you let the shoulder blades drift during pushups and overhead pressing, which is required to move the hands as far forward/up as possible. It brings the glenoid fossa (where the head of humerus rests) closer together.

Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000) Tillday is just really nice. (+1000)
    2004 thread go go necros.

I could be retarded but mine started to pop when I was hitting high rep cross-over sit ups.
    But it might have been something else I was doing at the time that helped I don't really remember.

Being absurdly skinny helps though, but there was a time when it was just ribs and no muscle X=
    -Crohn's Disease crew
    -Strict limited diet crew
    -Gluten Free Crew
    Starting weight 114.

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140012233
    Oil cleanse your face: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156983633&pagenumber=

Drcesjr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Serratus Anterior Muscle is functioned for the purpose of stabalizing the scapula. It is innervated by Long thoracic nerve which is part of the brachial plexus. The exact location varies between each individual. It is sometimes called the "boxer" muscles because it is usually most notable among boxers. This is because punching incorperates this muscle as well as many others. I am one of the many others that wish that they're serratus anterior was noticable, it is a beautiful muscle. I agree that body% as a lot to do with being able to see it. However obviously it isn't noticable in skinny people for a reason. At the moment the only exercise I have seen are ment for thoes with a "winged scapula". Which occur usually occur in patients that had undergone a surgery where the Long thoracic nerve was accidently severed. I am a black belt in Karate, however I have always been a "chubby" person. I can't really say if hitting the punching bags should help. However if you look at it scientifically by stimulating this muscle by doing movments such as hiting punching bags, doing egyption type pushups and also reducing your body fat below 13%, I believe that you should be able to see it by 3 months.

Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000) Wolf200 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Drcesjr View Post
    The Serratus Anterior Muscle is functioned for the purpose of stabalizing the scapula. It is innervated by Long thoracic nerve which is part of the brachial plexus. The exact location varies between each individual. It is sometimes called the "boxer" muscles because it is usually most notable among boxers. This is because punching incorperates this muscle as well as many others. I am one of the many others that wish that they're serratus anterior was noticable, it is a beautiful muscle. I agree that body% as a lot to do with being able to see it. However obviously it isn't noticable in skinny people for a reason. At the moment the only exercise I have seen are ment for thoes with a "winged scapula". Which occur usually occur in patients that had undergone a surgery where the Long thoracic nerve was accidently severed. I am a black belt in Karate, however I have always been a "chubby" person. I can't really say if hitting the punching bags should help. However if you look at it scientifically by stimulating this muscle by doing movments such as hiting punching bags, doing egyption type pushups and also reducing your body fat below 13%, I believe that you should be able to see it by 3 months.
    About 8 years too late mate.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.