Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forearm Pain

Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm Pain

Whenever I do ez-bar or barbell curls...I get serious pain in my right forearm. But, it only hurts when I have to put down the bar and let go. I always have to let go very slowly and its painful. Its my inner forearm with palm facing up. It also hurts when I press on it. Is it muscle pain? Bone related?

BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BeastInTheGym? has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    did u get injured? maybe u need a couple days to rest. do some other exercises to take their place for a little while... i had a pain in my left forarm for a little while and it got better with time, i dont really know how i started getting the pain though

tonydelegato has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This has happened to me a couple times. Most recently I got a little tired of it (last time it happened it took a couple weeks away from the gym for it to start to recede) and talked to a Navy doc about it. He said it just has to do with the muscles in your arm growing without the rest of you growing (i'm a little fuzzy about what he was saying). Basically what he was saying is that it's normal for it to happen to some people. It'll go away. Mine has started to go away recently, so i'm thinking he is right. I would go get it checked out anyhow, but if you have what I have, it's not injury material.

Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Benched has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have never had a wrist/forearm injury before. It has been like this for maybe 3 weeks now...its a very small area on my foream...maybe only about an inch. Press anywhere else and its fine...

muscl600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm pain

Originally Posted by Benched View Post
    Whenever I do ez-bar or barbell curls...I get serious pain in my right forearm. But, it only hurts when I have to put down the bar and let go. I always have to let go very slowly and its painful. Its my inner forearm with palm facing up. It also hurts when I press on it. Is it muscle pain? Bone related?
    Guess you've stretched a tendon in your forearm. They do a lot of work when doing curls. It seems a bit odd that it's when you let go but then I suppose that's when supinated ligaments get stretched to max. They take longer to recover than muscles but should be okay. You'll have to watch you don't aggravate it for a while. Perhaps a bit of gentle massage & watch it doesn't stiffen up & shorten.

muscl600 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by muscl600 View Post
    Guess you've stretched a tendon in your forearm. They do a lot of work when doing curls. It seems a bit odd that it's when you let go but then I suppose that's when supinated ligaments get stretched to max. They take longer to recover than muscles but should be okay. You'll have to watch you don't aggravate it for a while. Perhaps a bit of gentle massage & watch it doesn't stiffen up & shorten.
    Ooops! Mixing up ligaments & tendons! Ligaments attach bone to bone not bone to muscle

ViperGTS500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViperGTS500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViperGTS500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViperGTS500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViperGTS500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ViperGTS500 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same exact problem using the same exact exercies. My doctor did say it was a muscle strain. The thing is I took a month off from lifting because of my arm and am lifting again and I still have the same pain. I would like to know how to treat this also.

Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blaine2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have the same thing, it hurts when i let go, and it's in my inner right forearm just like yours is. But this has also happend to me before as well. It will go away with time, just keep curling and it will be fine.

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had the same problem. It was bothering me so I took a while off from curling.. (like a month and a half) when I started curling again the pain came right back... It got real bad, and I just kept curling anyway, and eventualy it didn't bother me anymore. I did this because I heard that is how to deal with the problem, and it worked.

To describe the pain. I thought I had a sports fracture or something. when I pressed on the bone where the pain was it hurt.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Blaine2007 View Post
    i have the same thing, it hurts when i let go, and it's in my inner right forearm just like yours is. But this has also happend to me before as well. It will go away with time, just keep curling and it will be fine.
    keep curling NO.. ive had the problem for 5 years, thinking/hoping it would go away, it doesn't... at least never has for me.
    I just isolated it down to the fact that it only hurts me on bar curls, don't feel it at all with dumbells, i dont understand it but i dont care i just dropped bar curls from my workout and i never have any problems.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bubba g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    keep curling NO.. ive had the problem for 5 years, thinking/hoping it would go away, it doesn't... at least never has for me.
    I just isolated it down to the fact that it only hurts me on bar curls, don't feel it at all with dumbells, i dont understand it but i dont care i just dropped bar curls from my workout and i never have any problems.
    Try straight bar curls??? For me those hurt much less than EZ curl

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bubba g View Post
    Try straight bar curls??? For me those hurt much less than EZ curl
    both no good
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bikestud125 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I get the same pain, to me it feels more like its my bone in my arm getting ready to break, not a muscle pain.

The only time I don't get it is if I do hammer curls or us a reverse grip on the e-z bar with my palms facing down.
    White Sox fan

Originally Posted by bikestud125 View Post
    I get the same pain, to me it feels more like its my bone in my arm getting ready to break, not a muscle pain.

The only time I don't get it is if I do hammer curls or us a reverse grip on the e-z bar with my palms facing down.
    yep. bone about to break is a good discription. It is a pretty common injury.

Originally Posted by bubba g View Post
    yep. bone about to break is a good discription. It is a pretty common injury.
    yeah....it does feel like the bone. It even hurts sometimes when im not even lifting. Not hurting to the point where im crying...just hurting enough to where I need to ice it or heat it. Should I see my doctor?

Originally Posted by Benched View Post
    yeah....it does feel like the bone. It even hurts sometimes when im not even lifting. Not hurting to the point where im crying...just hurting enough to where I need to ice it or heat it. Should I see my doctor?
    It is always a good idea to see the doc... you never know.. It sounds exactly like what I had, but that is not to say it is...

one thing I remeber that aggrevated it was if made a fist put my arm in the position like I would to flex my bicep, and then rotated my wrist.

Go see your doc though... especialy if you have insurance...

tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tinman15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had this happened to me last year. I talked to several hand therapists ( I work with them ) and I don't remember the explanation they gave me but I do remember I stopped doing preacher curls and concentration curls and stopped sleeping with my arms over my head. ( I used to sleep on my stomach which is bad for you apparently ) and it remedied the solution. I don't know what your training age is but if I was you. I'd stay away from preachers as much as possible, only throw them in every now and again, and use compound pulling exercises for biceps for awhile. After about 45 days if you want to start curling again try to make sure you keep your wrists in a neutral position and avoid flexion or extension of the wrists. If you feel pain take another 45 days off and try again. Also avoid bringing your elbows forward while curling, trying doing wall curls. When your elbows move forward 2 tendons are activated and if you keep your elbows back so that your upper arms are perpendicular to the ground only 1 will be used. ( I'm pretty sure on this info but can't be 100% )

This is why it's recommended you have a low keyboard and mouse tray, so that your elbows can stay close to your side. Your problem may even be traced to excessive hand usage such as surfing/gaming, sewing, ect. I hope this helps and if you don't feel comfortable with what I said go see a hand therapist most insurance agencies will help and the fees aren't very high depending on your deductible, but I am around them every day and am pretty confident with the info I gave you.

P.S. Hand therapists specialize in rehabilitating all injuries from the elbow to the finger tips despite their name.

jjf1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjf1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjf1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjf1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjf1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjf1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjf1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jjf1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar pain that I would get when I did any curls. I went to the doc and he said it was a little tendonitis. It still comes and goes, but he basically told me to adjust my grip or do different lifts so that it feels ok. You don't want to inflame the tendon any more than it already is.

CR0D has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

I've been dealing with this exact same pain since January. Initially I thought I just strained the tendon rock climbing but then after taking a few weeks off I realized that it wasn't going away. Get's worse every time I do anything that requires me to pronate: Throwing a baseball or football, Tennis, Strait bar curls, Dumbbell curls, Pull ups. It's really been a major issue for me and nothing seems to help. It's gotten to the point now where just gripping anything, pushing up to get out of the car or even just leaning my arm against something is quite painful. First it started just in my right arm but now it is in both. It is really weird how it hurts the worst when pressure is relieved. While doing the lift I'm fine for the most part until I have to put down the weight. Even if a spotter lifts it off of me they have to do it slowly or the tendon just suddenly tightens up and hurts like hell. I've found that if I slowly let go of the bar one finger at a time starting with my pinky and working my way over it doesn't hurt nearly as bad. If anyone has any suggestions please share, I think I'm about to have to quite my baseball team because throwing the ball aggravates it more than anything else. Is this just a strained tendon or is it something more serious? I've tried resting it, and I've tried working through it, both rendered the same results thus far.
    Last edited by CR0D; 04-20-2007 at 08:00 AM.

Originally Posted by CR0D View Post
    I've been dealing with this exact same pain since January. Initially I thought I just strained the tendon rock climbing but then after taking a few weeks off I realized that it wasn't going away. Get's worse every time I do anything that requires me to pronate: Throwing a baseball or football, Tennis, Strait bar curls, Dumbbell curls, Pull ups. It's really been a major issue for me and nothing seems to help. It's gotten to the point now where just gripping anything, pushing up to get out of the car or even just leaning my arm against something is quite painful. First it started just in my right arm but now it is in both. It is really weird how it hurts the worst when pressure is relieved. While doing the lift I'm fine for the most part until I have to put down the weight. Even if a spotter lifts it off of me they have to do it slowly or the tendon just suddenly tightens up and hurts like hell. I've found that if I slowly let go of the bar one finger at a time starting with my pinky and working my way over it doesn't hurt nearly as bad. If anyone has any suggestions please share, I think I'm about to have to quite my baseball team because throwing the ball aggravates it more than anything else. Is this just a strained tendon or is it something more serious? I've tried resting it, and I've tried working through it, both rendered the same results thus far.

I have advice.. go to a doctor man... I can't believe you have so much pain, and have still not gone... You seem to have a pretty bad case of whatever it is..

dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dgb11003 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I hvae had the same pain for years. It happens on curls and when I used to breakdance it would happen as well. I would press agianst the palm side up area of my foremarm and it feels like the bone hurts. It really only starts to hurt now by my last set of preacher curls. Weird.
    One day at a time...

-N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

Yep...I've got that **** too.I asked the chiro in the other thread,but he didn't know anything about it.
    Is it something to do with overstrained pronators?
    "You can't train for peak, n00b! I know cause I have read all about it!"

berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up its not tendons its the muscle

ok guys...i went to the physio last week and he said it was the facia around the muscle running down the ulna. he said it was restricting the pump of it while you are using that particular muscle sowhat you is massage it every second you get and put alot of pressure on it. then stretch it and when your at the gym stretch it between every set and trust me it will be so good you wont feel a thing

-N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -N- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Oh..uh..can u please elaborate a little?
    How do you stretch and massage that muscle?
    "You can't train for peak, n00b! I know cause I have read all about it!"

Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Avila is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i used to have it bad... and ive managed to controlled it a bit... although i feel it sometimes in certain exercises just a bit... heres the link to a long post i made regarding the issue...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...2&postcount=10

edit scratch the ibuprofen suggestion in my old post.... don't use.
    Last edited by Avila; 05-03-2007 at 09:12 PM.

I was going to post this the other day.. mine has flared up, and I started rubbing the spot where it was hurting real hard before, and after the set, and it helped a lot.. I will try messaging it several times a day, and see if that helps...

berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) berzo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    when your stretching your arm keep fingers straight and pull them back until you feel it stretch... its good to hear you guys are finding it helpful

huge difference already.. I did curls today, and before, between sets, and after I rubbed the spot on my forearm that hurt real hard.. it hurt while I was doing it, but it reduced the pain almost to nothing...

for the next week I am going to message the spot as often as possible.. I expect great results based on what I have already experienced.

all the best man... its good to hear it is working also might help strapping it but if it cutting circulation take it off
    Last edited by berzo; 05-05-2007 at 03:37 AM.

Originally Posted by berzo View Post
    all the best man... its good to hear it is working also might help strapping it but if it cutting circulation take it off
    My workout gloves have wrist straps built it, and I thought they were helping me, but once I stopped using the wrist strap part I noticed the pain was not as intense so I think the wrist wrap, atleast im my case was making it worse.