Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

protein is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how much protein does my girl need ?

sorry I know I should have posted this in the nutrition forum but I need to get opinions from real fitness female competitors.

I'm trying to determine the correct amount of whey protein for my girl for post-workout recovery. I would like to know from those of you who look really fit like in a lot of the pics I saw in this forum(fitness type, lean and muscularly-toned), not the female bodybuilder type(too much muscles).

I was wondering how many grams of protein do you as a female fitness competitor take post-workout(intense weight-lifting session) ? is it 20g or 40g ? The articles say depends on the bodyweight and since I take 40g post-workout I assume my girl should take 20g. But I've been thinking of upgrading that to 40g but I'm not sure if that's just gonna be a waste for her bodyweight. She weighs 116, probably 10%BF, height=5'6". Also how many grams of protein total should she take in daily ? The article says 1.5xbodyweight= 174g, is that right ?

Thank you very much.

BodyPoints: 1968
    EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) EME has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit EME's BodySpace
    Hey Protein,

My wife is a fitness competitor and I am her trainer. I also compete in bodybuilding.

My wife is about 110 lbs, about 103 lbs contest shape.
    So, her numbers are in the same ballpark as your girl..

Her pre-contest diet, consists of about
    1100 calories daily with a macronutrient ratio of about
    50% protien, 40% carbs, and 10% fat

That equates to roughly:

137 grams protein, split equally into 6 meals with about
    23 grams per meal.

110 grams carbs.. split equally over the first 4 meals of the day.
    at about 25-30 grams per meal.

10-15 grams fat - mostly from chicken breast and flax oil at dinner

Post workout,
    20-25 grams protein and 20-25 grams carbs will work well.
    You can count this as one of the 6 meals per day.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

- EME

protein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks a lot. that's really helpful the numbers you listed here. I will keep her on the 20g whey post-workout then.