JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JShep17987 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need to lose 20 lbs. of fat

I am 180 lbs, 20% bodyfat, 5' 10". I am up 13 lbs. since I went off to college. I work out 3 days a week doing basic weight lifting excercises (no squats, bad back). I do not do any cardio right now. Can someone give me a good diet/workout/supplement idea? I don't need a rundown of every food/exercise to do, but names of supplements and the name of the proper diet would be nice. Protein shakes? Creatine? I am not looking to be bulky, just slim. I don't think I can keep up with Keto, due to my schedule, just some ideas of what foods to eat and what not to eat. Thanks for any tips!

Mr Nasty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just start out with early morning empty stomach cardio 3x a week. Increase that number by 1x every 2 weeks. 2 week phases. So the next phase you'll be running cardio 4x a week.

Get it?

Other than that, just clean up your diet. Do some research and find out what works for you. Its all abotu personal experiences, and if you have known you'll never learn. so get in there....

Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100) Pirub88 is not very well liked. (-100)
    ROFL.. for someone who says 6 meals a day is required to maintain muscle you seem to be very contradictory.

Now you recommend cardio on a empty stomach? That isn't muscle wasting? Very elevated metabolism level without any amino acids or food in your stomach for about 8 hours..

Make up your mind man. Are decently long periods of time catabolic or not?

Running 4x a week is retarded and heavily overtraining on the legs. Don't listen to Mr. Tasty, this is one uneducated person.

shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Need to lose 20 lbs. of fat

Originally posted by JShep17987
    I am 180 lbs, 20% bodyfat, 5' 10". I am up 13 lbs. since I went off to college. I work out 3 days a week doing basic weight lifting excercises (no squats, bad back). I do not do any cardio right now. Can someone give me a good diet/workout/supplement idea? I don't need a rundown of every food/exercise to do, but names of supplements and the name of the proper diet would be nice. Protein shakes? Creatine? I am not looking to be bulky, just slim. I don't think I can keep up with Keto, due to my schedule, just some ideas of what foods to eat and what not to eat. Thanks for any tips!
    do a search man.

shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shanehanner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    cardio on an empty stomach is best for fat loss, but I agree, its not best for fat loss/maintaining muscle. Have a protein shake before you run. you need some fast absorbing protein as soon as you wake anyway.

Please pay no attention to Pirub88, he has no idea what he's talking about. He butts into posts and starts ranting and raving about science and lame ****.

I guess he doesnt realize that until you reach a certain BF%, usually 10%-12% and lower, you dont have to worry as much about muscle loss during cardio sessions; especially ones on an empty stomack. Infact, ask any body builder and he will tell you, forcefully, that you need to be running early morning empty stomach cardio to lose a sufficient amount of fat. This is the fastest way to achieve fat loss goals.

If your that worried about lossing muscle you can drink a couple scoops protein with water before your run, just make sure its low or NO carbs.

Also, about the over training on legs......YOUR ON THEM ALL DAY LONG ANYWAY. We spend most of our day walking, running, jumping, and Pirub88 skips around so I dont think you have to worry about over training th legs. Besides, I know top notch athlets who have an extensive cardio regime. They're some of the bets runners nation wide, and they recommend; especially to burn fat.

Cardio can be run up to 6x a week so long as you have adaquate rest throught the rest of the week. Pirub88 is not taking everything into effect. His mind is very selective. He's very narrow minded.

Just try it bro, see what works for yourself (your body), and you'll be alright. All the scientific mumbo jumbo cant tell you how your body reacts to these things we speak of. Everyone's body is different.

I'd also liek to add, that I've been following a similar cardio routine over the last few weeks. In 2 weeks I've lost 6lbs and 3% BF while maintaining every bit of muscle. My strength is up in fact. Strangth is a good indicator of whether or not a person is losing muscle.

So if you start getting week, you need to tweak something in your diet or training routine.

i agree totally with you, and this guy is a moron.