absolutelove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absolutelove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

this is so weird to me....

okkkkk...so i go to beauty school so im basically around girls alllllll the time. the girls i go to school with seriously eat so much junk...pizza, candy, burritos...wutever the vending machine has to offer...and a lot of them still have really awesome figures. it makes me think to myself...why the heck am i eating chicken breasts and oats...while other people are eating tastier food and not having to pack and pre pack etc. like how do these girls have amazing figures while eating so much junk? it makes me question if i could still have a good figure even if i eat random unclean foods sometimes.
    Nothing compares to the control you have over the transformation of YOUR body!

sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000) sportyhp is just really nice. (+1000)
    i find that the girls i see eating junk at school have a bad eating routine....i have one friend who goes to grab a bagel and cream cheese at maybe 9:00 in the morning, and that is the first thing she has eaten ALL DAY (waking up at 6). she might eat again at like 12:00 and this wuold include a bag of popcorn or maybe a small small plate of pasta. she may eat junk but in reality she eats a very small number of times per day, thus less cals.
    Michael Scott: Would I rather be feared or loved? Um... Easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

gingerbug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gingerbug has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I eat clean all through out the week with some slurges here and there. Sundays I pretty much eat whatever I want in moderation. I work out with weights and cardio 4-6 days a week and still maintain a lean body (13%body fat). Moderation is the key. Even if I could eat junk all day long and not get fat, I still wouldnt do it. Its not healthy. Those girls you are talking about are probably malnurished. You cant get all the vitamins, minerals, and omega-3s that your body needs for good health. Eating alot of junk and sugar increases your chances of developing diabetes and numerous other health problems. Keep eating clean for the sake of your health and if you feel like eating some junk every now and then, go for it. Just dont make it a daily routine.

absolut_blonde has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gingerbug View Post
    I eat clean all through out the week with some slurges here and there. Sundays I pretty much eat whatever I want in moderation. I work out with weights and cardio 4-6 days a week and still maintain a lean body (13%body fat). Moderation is the key. Even if I could eat junk all day long and not get fat, I still wouldnt do it. Its not healthy. Those girls you are talking about are probably malnurished. You cant get all the vitamins, minerals, and omega-3s that your body needs for good health. Eating alot of junk and sugar increases your chances of developing diabetes and numerous other health problems. Keep eating clean for the sake of your health and if you feel like eating some junk every now and then, go for it. Just dont make it a daily routine.
    Exactly. If you eat well most of the time- say, 90%- then the occasional treat won't hurt you. Just like one good meal will not make you, one bad meal will not break you.

But also, like the poster above me said-- it is about more than looks. Well, in my book anyway. Even health-wise, some people can SEEMINGLY 'get away' with eating that way, especially when they're young, but who knows how healthy they will be in 20 years.

On CNN recently they said 70% of aging is lifestyle (other 30% is genetics). Seems worth it to me to lead a good lifestyle then.

bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bstregs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It also depends on their bodytype. More than likely, they're ectomorphs. There are a bunch of articles on this site about it.
    ~Bethany

peace! it has been fun :) Jordyn's Avatar
    Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sportyhp View Post
    she may eat junk but in reality she eats a very small number of times per day, thus less cals.
    shes absolutely right. it depends on what kinda figure you want. if you just want to be thin and not very concerned about muscle tone (etc etc), you can eat garbage all day and still be thin. i have friends who eat cookies for breakfast, beef jerky for lunch, chips for dinner (you get the picture) and theyre still thin. and these people dont work out either.

personal experience: ive gained FAR more weight (muscle AND fat) from eating clean, every 3 hrs, balanced macros, weighing my food, counting calories, etc etc. i used to eat like **** (almost no protein, for example, white breads all the time) and i was at my lowest weight, all bc my overall calories were low.

kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kariev34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i'm am happy that i gain weight when i eat junk b/c if i was like those girls i would be eating crap all the time and i would end up with clogged arteries for sure. they may look good on the outside but i'm sure their insides are a mess. that food is terrible for you!!!

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Besides, it's amazing what teenagers/students can do to their bodies and get away with, but a few years of that and it will all catch up with them.

There's a saying "At 20, you have the body you were born with, at 40 you have the body you deserve."
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slecompte has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by absolutelove View Post
    okkkkk...so i go to beauty school so im basically around girls alllllll the time. the girls i go to school with seriously eat so much junk...pizza, candy, burritos...wutever the vending machine has to offer...and a lot of them still have really awesome figures. it makes me think to myself...why the heck am i eating chicken breasts and oats...while other people are eating tastier food and not having to pack and pre pack etc. like how do these girls have amazing figures while eating so much junk? it makes me question if i could still have a good figure even if i eat random unclean foods sometimes.
    You're way ahead of the game than they are..think about it when there metabolisms slow down and they're freaking not knowing what to do and start an endless stream of fad diet/quick fixes..you'll know what to do..just because they're eating junk and staying skinny doesn't mean they're healthy!! Start with that thinking and it'll turn into a bad situation of " Oh this donut won't hurt or that pizza or do anything..or that bag of chips won't affect me" You can do what you want girl, but from experience I once you've eaten clean (truly clean) junk makes you feel just like the name states..you feel like trash! I was in beauty school for a while too and it was the endless questions and noses in my food wanting to know what I was eating.."That's weird" statements left and right..Oh well! We'll see who has the last laugh..I promise ya..see who'll fit into there clothes in a few years and who's bloodwork from the doctor is gonna be great because of the healthy LIFESTYLE you follow. I've been in the same boat and felt the same way..growing up I had to start very young watching my weight and while I was at parties and sleep overs at my friends houses I was the one eating salad and chicken and they were eating pizza, cake and cookies and I'm thinking this isn't fair I'm killing myself at the gym and eating like a bird and they're skinnier than me..well guess who's started having to battle lbs now..yup at the time it's hard to see the big picture..but it was so worth it in the long run..it's up to you and what you want and how bad you want it!!
    Train smart..train hard,

S LeCompte

katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Motivation

There's always one thing that works for me now that I'm eating clean: use your better choices as a measure of power.

I don't mean to make it sound arrogant, but when I'm at work and see co-workers grabbing junk while I calmly whip out my healthy food it gives me a bit of a power trip knowing that no matter what they look like on the outside or the attitudes they portray during work, on the inside (both physically and mentally) they are quite weak.

absolutelove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) absolutelove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank you guys all for your responses! they really did reassure me that i am doing the right thing by making the effort to eat clean.
    ya know...after i did my post...i realized...that although i see a lot of people eat crap...at the same time i see alllllot of girls struggle with their weight and be unable to lose weight while eating like 1000 calories a day...and im like stuffing myself, never going hungry, eating like 2100 and maintaining weight...so i guess i am lucky!
    Nothing compares to the control you have over the transformation of YOUR body!

fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50) fitinidaho will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wait til they are older, have kids, and their metabolism slows down...they will regret everything they ate.

Keep doing what you are doing...you are on the right track to a healthy lifestyle.