HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up HardLimit's log- journey to be a pro

hi guys, new log.

goal- natural pro,
    lifting goals- rep 3.5 plates on incline, rep 4 plate front squat, rep 5.5 plate on deficit deadlift, 4 plate cgbp . i hope i can achieve these within the next year

currently i'm dieting, hoping to get around 9ish% this time .

il start with this weeks lifts

monday 7th september 2009- upper

incline bb
    245x5, 255x5, 255x5( easy, no spotter)

seated bb pressnote( i have to take this out the rack, walk back to the seat , sit down then start pressing it, then stand up and walk back after, so its awkward)

155x5,5,5 , 175x5, 200x5

cgbp
    255x5, 265x5, 275x5, 315x3
    was knackerd by last set, i can do more fresh

chest suported incline db row
    110'sx6,6,6

power shrug
    5 platesx5,5(disgusting form), 440x5

some curls, 135x5 easy

notes: pretty cool session, not lost too much strength so far on cut and most lifts were easy-ish

energy-7/10
    workout-8/10
    Last edited by HardLimits; 09-09-2009 at 02:46 PM.

HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HardLimits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tuesday 8th september- lower

front squats
    315x5, 315x1(fail), 265x5

i was going for 3x5 with 315, no energy

deficit dl , bar almost on toes
    405x5,5 350x5

not bad on these, i will go up alot over the next few workouts im sure, these were fairly easy.

GHR
    First time doing these, i have to do them on my lat pulldown machine. extremly hard for me so i just concentrated on super slow negatives, 3x5

seated calf raise

211x8, 233x4, 211x8

not the best form on these but w/e

notes: bad energy today. weak on most lifts

workout- 6/10
    energy-5/10

oh and this is my first time round trying to diet, so any help would be greatly appreciated

mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mormonpickett has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    can you really lift that much? thats a ton
    The 2 most important things to me when training are 1. The Muscle Mind Connection. and 2. Intensity

NSCA Certified Trainer
    NPC Competitor
    Utah State Firefighter

Originally Posted by mormonpickett View Post
    can you really lift that much? thats a ton
    thanks man, and ye i can, hopefuly il be lifting more in the coming months

looking forward to tomorows workout!

wednesday 9th september-off day
    just resting today, getting ready for the next couple of days workouts and getting some extra sleep

just woke up from a 2 hour power nap, feels good man

Talking

tomorow= chest and back, cant wait would be good to get some veterans in here for cutting advice etc:P

going to hit bed now, got a big day tomorow

had a long day, chest and back in a couple of hours, im ready

thursday 10th september- chest/back hypertrophy

Incline db press
    110x8, 110x7, 110x7, 105x6
    superset superset cg pulldowns
    "15"x10, "17"x10, "17"x10, "17"x10

pretty weak on incline dbs, but they were done with slower negative than usual with a 1second squeeze at top. Also i had no spotter.

incline db flies
    65x10, 80x7, 80x7, 80x8
    supersetplate loaded row machine- wide grip
    90x10, 135x8, 135x7, 135x8

both were done controlled and with a squeeze at top of each rep, feels good man

pullups
    bwx 7, bwx6, bwx4
    superset cybex machine
    1.5px7, 1.5px8, 1.5px7

alot weaker at end of workout on pulllups felt hard!

cable crossovers
    "6"x8, "6"x8, "4"x15
    superset low cable bent over rows
    stack x 8, stack x 12, stack x12

notes: overall not a bad workout, dissapointed with lack of strength on some excersises(incline db) but thats to be expected on a cut, getting some rest now as i've had a long day!

energy: 7/10
    workout: 7/10

tomorow i have delts and arms, should be good
    then saturday is legs, and rest the til monday

Wow i can't believe its been 8 years Please keep everyone who was affected by that terrible day in your hearts, and don't take anything for granted. Tonights workout is for those people.

friday 11th september- shoulders/arms hypertrophy

db shoulder press
    105x8, 105x7, 105x5

shoulder machine
    45x8, 55x8, 55x5(wut), 55x8
    superset laterals
    35x10, 40x10, 40x12, 40x12

facepulls
    "9"x15, "11" x15, "11" x15
    superset upright cable row
    "9" x12, "11" x11, "11" x10

upright bb row
    90x15, 135x9, 135x8

bb curl
    90x12, 110x8, 110x8, 90x12
    superset db overhead extention
    105x8, 110x5, 65x10, 65x12

arnold curl
    "2" x15, "4"x15
    superset rope pushdown
    "9"x8, "7" x12

then i did some random stuff, close grip bench machine stack 2 sets 10
    BB curl barx100 lol

notes: felt weak on some excersises....( db ohe WTF with them...ive done 125x7) db shoulder press was average.... but good pump overall. oh and im using better form than i used to on some exersises, eg bb curls, so my numbers arent "high" on them but hey it felt good

workout:7.5/10

saturday 12th september- legs hypertrophy

so.... i woke up at 11am forgetting that my gym shuts at 12.. so i was only able to drink 30g of oats before, hence the bad day. im not even going to bother typing wot i did it was a shambles.

energy : 0/10
    workout : 0/10

fml

i tried the 50 rep deadlift thing and failed misserably, only got 42 reps in 10 minutes. my lungs took a beating lol!

decided to drop cals a few hundred this week, going to drop a tin of tuna and a scoop of whey, 250ish cals so im on 2.8 now

diet for the next few weeks so far, i think im not having enough carbs so any suggestions on wot to take away/add? thanks

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Take down that protein bro! At your age you don't need it. Simple adjustment, but you will do fine 1g per pound. Technically even less.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Take down that protein bro! At your age you don't need it. Simple adjustment, but you will do fine 1g per pound. Technically even less.
    lol this is low for me....i dropped 60g from the last 3 weeks and i was having 450+ when i bulked, il see how i feel for a week or 2 then drop more protein and up carbs a wee bit...what % should i be getting from each macro, 40/40/20?

Pro Natural Bodybuilder FATHER FLEX's Avatar
    FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATHER FLEX is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't %'s bro. That is IMO is generic. I mean your protein would have to move, when for the most part it the macro that usually needs the least amount of manipulation.

Drop the protein. You are not 50 years old, hypercaloric, or 2XX lean pounds, and on a deficit.
    100% Natural Bodybuilding!
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Where there are no men be a man.

Even a genius asks questions.

Knowledge is the child of confusion.

Originally Posted by FATHER FLEX View Post
    Don't %'s bro. That is IMO is generic. I mean your protein would have to move, when for the most part it the macro that usually needs the least amount of manipulation.

Drop the protein. You are not 50 years old, hypercaloric, or 2XX lean pounds, and on a deficit.
    so what are you suggesting, swap carb and pro numbers around? no im not 50 years old, thank god lol, i dont want to get old i dont know what lean pounds i have, well see when i get down to a good bf thanks for all your help

sunday 13th september-hiit

So.....this was my first attempt ever at HIIT haha, wasnt easy
    warmup- 5 minutes on treadmill at 7.5 kph

20 second sprint/40 second rest on bike , level 20(highest one)
    10 intervals

then did some random light bicep stuff.

tomorow i have upper power day, but my tris are still extremly sore:\ brb trying to massage them myself lol.

monday 14th september- upper

LT=last time
    TT=this time

incline bb
    LT: 245x5, 255x5,255x5
    TT- 265x4, 265x5, 275x4

pushpress warmup
    LT: NA
    TT:220x3, 245x3

seated vertical bb press
    LT: 155x5, 175x5, 200x4
    TT: 200x5

close grip bench press
    LT: 255x5, 265x5, 275x5, 315x3
    TT: 265x5, 285x3(fail), 285x4(fail), 220x10, 220x10

seated db curls(a little swing)
    LT: NA
    TT: 60x5, 65x4

notes: Triceps were still dead from fridays workout not good, was hoping to be stronger than i was today dont like seated vertical bb press, feels a wierd position.....average day. need to get strong

workout: 6/10