pjmcgrady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

upper and lower body symmetry

i'm sure that i am not the only person who has this problem. although usually i see guys with huge upper bodys and stick legs. i have been lifting for years and am very low body fat, but my problem is that while i have a bigger than average upper body my lower body just is naturally sickly strong/huge. ie my bench max is around 270, whereas i do my last set of squats with 10 reps of 435 (and this is not to failure). i want to just do upper body workouts until i am closer to the aesthetic that i want, but it doesnt seem like a good idea for some reason (because legs are a larger muscle). i dont take any supplements and never have, but am thinking about steroids maybe to even myself out. any/all thoughts are welcome - pj

ps - it's a self confidence thing, whenever i am naked in front of a woman for the first time i always feel a little freakish :-D

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I wouldn't advise steroids jsut for the sake of evening out upper/lower body(or ever for that matter). It shouldn't be too hard to cut the leg training volume down to mainitain while keeping the upper body on a gainng phase. Do higher reps with less sets and don't approach failure for leg day.

You know, work out half assed like most people in the gym do that don't make gains.

cowboys3356 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cowboys3356 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cowboys3356 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cowboys3356 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by pjmcgrady
    i dont take any supplements and never have, but am thinking about steroids maybe to even myself out. any/all thoughts are welcome - pj
    That makes sense. You won't use supplements that are safe and do not have long term side affects. But you WILL use steriods that are illegal (could get you put in jail) and WILL give you long term side affects or even kill you.

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, good luck with that plan. ;-)

Originally posted by skarotum
    You know, work out half assed like most people in the gym do that don't make gains.
    I hear that. I swear that 90% of the people in a gym at any given time have NO clue what they are doing. If there weren't bench presses and dumbbell curls they would be lost. I love the big clowns who bench press every day but have never done a leg exercise in their life.

Of course the great thing about leg day is that I never have to worry about waiting to get a squat rack or on any of the leg machines!!
    Last edited by cowboys3356; 02-18-2004 at 12:36 PM.

pjmcgrady has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well my reasoning for thinking i need some sort of testosterone boost would be that if i dont work hard on legs i wont get _that_ testosterone and i would probably lose muscle mass. oh and yeh i do get a thrill out of leg day, :-/ so it would be hard to cut out. (it's also fun when people suggest that i dont try to do so much and are surprised when i kill it easily) but anyway, you guys are pretty much equally muscular arms, legs, chest, back, etc.? am i the only person who has to consciously monitor my workouts like this? (or plan to anyway)

skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skarotum is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by pjmcgrady
    well my reasoning for thinking i need some sort of testosterone boost would be that if i dont work hard on legs i wont get _that_ testosterone and i would probably lose muscle mass. oh and yeh i do get a thrill out of leg day, :-/ so it would be hard to cut out. (it's also fun when people suggest that i dont try to do so much and are surprised when i kill it easily) but anyway, you guys are pretty much equally muscular arms, legs, chest, back, etc.? am i the only person who has to consciously monitor my workouts like this? (or plan to anyway)
    No, I always have something lagging compared to something else. It is constant for me and probably everyone else too but, that is jsut speculation.