codykville has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

gains are stopping

I've really hit a pleatu lately. I've tried changing from high weight low reps to low weight high reps but not really helping. I'm mean i went from 225lbsx5 on bench to 135lbsx20. whats a better way to do this
    I have accepted the fact that someday I will die. I just want to be as big as humanly possible when that happens.

Back from 2 year break! Atheimetal's Avatar
    Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Switch exercises. Do dumbbells, incorporate incline / decline presses and dips if you don't already. Do free weight flyes. Make sure your front delts and triceps aren't the reason you're struggling, make sure they both also get adequate workouts.
    Pennsylvania State University Alumni: Nutritional Sciences

quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250) quickups has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Have long have you been working out without a deload or resting for a week? I suggest deloading or resting for a week if you haven't had any breaks for 8-10 weeks.

Also check you diet, if you are eating enough, it is probably CNS fatigue.
    **B.S. in Nutrition and Food Science**

**Registered Dietitian**

"We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success; we often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do; and probably he who never make a mistake never made a discovery."

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are."

Back from 2 year break! Atheimetal's Avatar
    Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by quickups View Post
    Have long have you been working out without a deload or resting for a week? I suggest deloading or resting for a week if you haven't had any breaks for 8-10 weeks.

Also check you diet, if you are eating enough, it is probably CNS fatigue.
    Eh, that seems a little soon for a break. I personally don't take one any less than 12 - 14 weeks. Also, we'd have to know his entire routine to determine if CNS fatigue would be a factor.. something tells me that it's not.
    Pennsylvania State University Alumni: Nutritional Sciences

Overreach, rest, repeat.. stracin's Avatar
    stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what type of frequency are you hitting your muscles with?

danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) danstjohn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Alot of people have different experiences regarding the deload. I seem to make pretty consistant gains in strength when I take 3-4 days off after going 5-6 days a week for 4-5 weeks. I tend to be a gym rat and don't always follow that but my body responds better to a good amount of rest. Some people can workout 6 days a week for 4 months and always get nice gains. It just really depends. Varying your workout can also do wonders. Try switching to db's and incoorperating different exercises for a change.

OK here's a general break down of my work out. I work construction so my days vary but i usually make it in about 4 days a week and just rotate through my routine.

Day1 Chest and Arms

For 2 weeks I do BB bench, incline, and decline the next 2 weeks i switch to dumbell

On weeks I do BB work outs i do my flys with dumbells and on DB weeks i use the cross over machine.

For my arm's I do preacher curl's, front curl's, french press and hanging dips for 2 weeks on the other 2 weeks i use that thing you put around your neck and rest your elbows on with DB's, and hammer curls

those are my biggest plateu areas my shoukders and back i do basicaly the same thing switching every 2 weeks between BB and DB

I've been at it pretty steady since late October and have taken a week off twice once around new years and once about 3 weeks ago.

I don't know if that helps you any but if it does let me know what i can do. thanks
    I have accepted the fact that someday I will die. I just want to be as big as humanly possible when that happens.

Overreach, rest, repeat.. stracin's Avatar
    stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stracin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    are you only hitting your muscle groups once a week?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Switch something up. This could be your training methods, diet or even sleeping patterns. Your body has adapted to the tension being placed on it, and you need to shock it by changing something around.

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by codykville View Post
    I've really hit a pleatu lately. I've tried changing from high weight low reps to low weight high reps but not really helping. I'm mean i went from 225lbsx5 on bench to 135lbsx20. whats a better way to do this
    i don't see where you've hit a "plateau"?

so you did 225*5, and now 135*20...... have you tested yourself on 225 since?

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by codykville View Post
    OK here's a general break down of my work out. I work construction so my days vary but i usually make it in about 4 days a week and just rotate through my routine.

Day1 Chest and Arms

For 2 weeks I do BB bench, incline, and decline the next 2 weeks i switch to dumbell

On weeks I do BB work outs i do my flys with dumbells and on DB weeks i use the cross over machine.

For my arm's I do preacher curl's, front curl's, french press and hanging dips for 2 weeks on the other 2 weeks i use that thing you put around your neck and rest your elbows on with DB's, and hammer curls

those are my biggest plateu areas my shoukders and back i do basicaly the same thing switching every 2 weeks between BB and DB

I've been at it pretty steady since late October and have taken a week off twice once around new years and once about 3 weeks ago.

I don't know if that helps you any but if it does let me know what i can do. thanks
    Try backing off.

Cut your sets in half and add an extra rest day. If you have to skip into the next week to complete your body, do it.

Do this for 2-3 weeks. When the urge to do your old frequency comes back (you want to do more again) go back to the old routine.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

the 135 x 20 was to break my routine up after a few weeks i went back to 225 with the same results. the 225 x 5 has been my rep max for about 5 weeks now