Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Swimming is BAD for weight loss

There was a thread earlier comparing swimming to running, and I think people should read this article

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/...h/swimming.htm

Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't believe that at all every single swimmer I have seen is completely cut.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CelticBhoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Phenomenal post. I find it pretty interesting. I do wonder though...if "running" in chest-deep water can burn a lot of calories. Not to mention that the movements are both concentric and eccentric. ...Hmm, I've lost my mind.

Reps!...erm...no reps. Gotta spread some around more
    Last edited by CelticBhoy; 04-13-2007 at 06:25 PM.
    **New Jersey Crew 201**

Never discourage anyone... who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.

Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.

Keeping your body healthy is an expression of gratitude to the whole cosmos - the trees, the clouds, everything. - Thich Nhat Hanh

mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mateostarks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im sorry but im not gonna read it

ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ee33ee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cboesger View Post
    I don't believe that at all every single swimmer I have seen is completely cut.
    Umm I WAS a swimmer and i AM a runner, and I can tell you that the average runner has significantly less body fat

The article brings up many good points, why dont you argue with those instead of giving me anecdotal evidence

Maybe my title is a little sensationalist (swimming isnt BAD), but the article did show a study of how swimming can be COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE

And celtic I dont think that would be as effective as actual running, because your body doesnt have to deal with as much gravity because its in the water
    Last edited by ee33ee; 04-13-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Skull Crusher Chris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wasn't talking about the runner vs. swimmer i was talking about your title "swimming bad for weight loss"
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

B.S. Kinesiology CSCS Vipersg123's Avatar
    Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000) Vipersg123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    the main reason why swimming is considered bad for weight loss is because the cold water increases your appetite.

Originally Posted by cboesger View Post
    I wasn't talking about the runner vs. swimmer i was talking about your title "swimming bad for weight loss"
    Maybe my title is a little sensationalist (swimming isnt BAD), but the article did show a study of how swimming can lead to weight GAIN

Swimming can lower your body fat if you diet well

But if you're trying to go from 10% to 8% body fat, for example, running is the way to go

Okay im just tired of people saying "omg swimming uses all your muscles, its the best exercise"

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ee33ee View Post
    Maybe my title is a little sensationalist (swimming isnt BAD), but the article did show a study of how swimming can lead to weight GAIN

Swimming can lower your body fat if you diet well

But if you're trying to go from 10% to 8% body fat, for example, running is the way to go

Okay im just tired of people saying "omg swimming uses all your muscles, its the best exercise"
    x2
    one of my friends a couple years ago was like dude, im gonna join the swim team and get huege and ripped
    i loled at him and shopped him phelps, who is one could argue the best swimmer of all time and i could achieve his physique in about a year or training. and hes been swimming all his life

Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brutotal has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Losing weight= calorie deficiency

Swimming increases the calories burned. Running may be better but both are worthless without diet.

x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) x ShAnE x has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I stopped when I got to this:

Research published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine shows that in the absence of a controlled diet, swimming has little or no effect on weight loss [1].

NOTHING is gonna lower BF much without a controlled diet. No matter how hard you work your ass off, if you go home and eat chocolate and twinkies, your getting no where.
    Havent lifted since 2014 after benching 355 and ruining shoulder.
    Hoping to make it back into the gym after the Resolutioners clear out mid February.

Repping users that rep the Carolinas since 2006

Panthers - Gamecocks - UNC - ECU

Reps on sight:
    FFAZARI
    Shane-0-Mac
    Zaia
    Aggressive
    zackmorris
    dtbrehm

Originally Posted by x ShAnE x View Post
    I stopped when I got to this:

Research published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine shows that in the absence of a controlled diet, swimming has little or no effect on weight loss [1].

NOTHING is gonna lower BF much without a controlled diet. No matter how hard you work your ass off, if you go home and eat chocolate and twinkies, your getting no where.
    Wrong. If you're at a stable weight while eating twinkies and chocolate, and exercise, then you WILL Lose weight

The cyclers who had an "uncontrolled diet" lost 19 pounds; WALKERS who had an "uncontrolled diet" lost weight too

But swimmers who had an "uncontrolled diet" gained weight

This is because swimming's effects on appetite often outweigh its calorie-expenditure

Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hollinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    imo i dont think swimming itself effects weightgain...
    my brother a NZ junior champ swam competitvly for years (as did i) but he trained 9+ times a week 1h 30mins to 2 hours each session, ate like a horse (or an "uncontrolled diet"), and was lean as!!
    ...so its down to whether or not u are in calorie deficiet and how much effort you put into the exercise. Same old story calories in Vs calories out.

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was a pretty hardcore swimmer my whole life, and I always had chub on me... I stopped swimming and have been running the past couple months... Ive never been leaner :shrug:
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice article!
    Something I have been waiting for
    Those dudes who just flatter swimming are never gonna boast again :P

Is the Alpha & the Omega. Death Strike's Avatar
    Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Death Strike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

very interesting, im gonna remeber this for if/when i cut
    "Adversity breeds strength"
    "Self-Improvement is mental masturbation"
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    Those who are willing and able to separate themselves from the weakness and vulnerability of emotion will rise above those who are bound and victimized by it.

--------------
    "Most shy girls are ugly and most hot girls are whores.
    Your hand will never let you down so why don't you just stick with that"

Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fon7ana is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    running = cardio, lose weight.. face it.. runners are TWIGS
    swimming = cardio, full body strengthening..

its not that hard people!

plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your title:
    swimming is BAD for weight loss.

Article:
    swimming appears to be LESS EFFECTIVE than other forms of exercise at promoting weight loss.

Any kind of physical activity, swimming or other, is going to burn calories. Swimming isn't "bad" for weight loss, sitting around doing nothing is. Negged for lying.
    Last edited by plcsp; 04-13-2007 at 09:03 PM.

SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    that statement is VERY wrong

i had been a competitive swimmer for the past 9 years, i used to be very chubby and it only took a few months for me to become very skinny

it also depends on your genetics

naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I swim, have played baseball, football, ran track and wrestled. And will honestly say if you have the right coach and dedication NOTHING can compete with swimming 12 miles a day.

SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10) SurferStyle* is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    also in my years i have been swimming i have seen thousands of swimmers and ALL of them were toned and well built

s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s0ulja714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    swimming alone won't do jack **** for you, maybe give you a good tan or a bad sunburn, who knows

swimming + other kinds of cardio + weights + diet = there you go, now that's something
    I LOVE BB.

TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50) TJ_Strong will become famous soon enough. (+50)

naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) naneerGynnhoJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Soulja, your a moron please leave.

I garutnee you would not last a day in the pool with the right coach.
    Along with everyone else here who thinks it isnt anything.

Swimming has been proved to work almost every muscle in your body and when you strain your whole body for hours at a time, you think it may do something? And, pulling yourself through the water for so long is bound to do something to your muscles/cardio care to tell me other wise?

corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500) corple is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TJ_Strong View Post
    lmfao seriously

cliffs please...on the main points
    GOAL: BUILD LEAN MASS
    SUPPLEMENTS: whey protein & creatine mono
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html - exercises
    http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php - food
    http://www.nutritiondata.com - calorie counter
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956 - clean bulking
    http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=292tc2 - MY MOTIVATION

rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by warbird00 View Post
    x2
    one of my friends a couple years ago was like dude, im gonna join the swim team and get huege and ripped
    i loled at him and shopped him phelps, who is one could argue the best swimmer of all time and i could achieve his physique in about a year or training. and hes been swimming all his life
    Phelps is 6'4" tall and doesn't lift weights that often. Atleast he used to not. They don't exactly lift for mass. Roland Schoeman is pretty big for a tall guy, he's 6'7".

http://www.rolandschoeman.co.za/main.asp

rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rippedmaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ee33ee View Post
    Umm I WAS a swimmer and i AM a runner, and I can tell you that the average runner has significantly less body fat

The article brings up many good points, why dont you argue with those instead of giving me anecdotal evidence

Maybe my title is a little sensationalist (swimming isnt BAD), but the article did show a study of how swimming can be COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE

And celtic I dont think that would be as effective as actual running, because your body doesnt have to deal with as much gravity because its in the water
    Sprinters might be ripped, but most runners are skinny.

plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50) plcsp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500) yCat is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    all i did was read "the bottom line" and the thread title here is not what is said there.

Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Icicle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs down

To the OP

Sorry, you're a moron. Apparently your reading comprehension did not grasp the point of this article, in which the thesis is basically this: "Research published in the American Journal of Sports Medicine shows that in the absence of a controlled diet, swimming has little or no effect on weight loss [1]." Never once in the article did it say that swimming is "bad" for weight loss, or that swimming is "counter productive" (your own words). The article simply said the main reason swimming maybe have a less of an effect on weight loss is because of the increase of apetite ASSUMING they're swimming in cold water, and the article did mention that water temperature in the study was extremely cold. In addition the article ends with this note: "Losing weight is all about burning more calories than you eat. Any form of exercise, swimming included, will get the job done." I don't know if you read until the end. You were probably too excited to come to the bb forums to tell everyone about how "bad" swimming is for weight loss. The point is, if you don't eat right, you're not going to lose weight no matter what exercise you do.

Other ****: How can you compare running to swimming anyway? I wouldn't catagorize them in the same league. Running is a cardio that works only the legs. Swimming helps build muscle in every part of your body. Each sport has its own advatages and disadvatages