DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000)

I just made AMAZING keto chocolate coconut brownies (recipe)

I made these brownies last night. They turned out more cake like then brownie like and I was a little disappointed. Today I decided to make a chocolate topping to put on them, then kept finding more and more stuff to improve them. They ended up so good I ate all the ones I had left.

The high fiber content makes them very filling. If you scarf down a bunch like I did you'll be full for quite a while. If you add one to a meal it will help keep you full to the next meal. The fiber will also help keep you regular

I can't take full credit for these at all. The brownies are based on the recipe found here: http://www.simplycoconut.com/Coco%20Flour%20Recipes.pdf

The chocolate glaze is based on this Low Carb Chocolate Ganache recipe.

Raspberry Filled Coconut Chocolate Brownies with Coconut Chocolate Glaze

These require ingredients most people don't have in their cabinets. If you're on a low carb / keto diet or want to make healthier foods I suggest buying everything listed. Other sweeteners may be substituted but you'll have to experiment to get the right ratios. Recipe can easily be doubled and cooked in a larger pan. This is actually half the original recipe.

Cake Like Raspberry Filled Brownies

Ingredients
    • One 1oz square of unsweetened chocolate
    • 6 tbsps unsalted butter
    • 1/4 cup erythritol
    • 1/4 cup ON 100% Vanilla Protein Powder
    • Liquid stevia to taste (I used 4 drops)
    • 1/4 tsp real vanilla extract
    • 3 large eggs
    • 6 tbsp coconut flour
    • 1/4 tsp baking powder
    • Pinch of salt
    • Optional: For additional coconut flavor coconut extract may be added.
    • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I had only 6 tbsp left, 1/2 cup would be better)
    • Sugar-free raspberry jam / jelly (check ingredients, you don't want maltitol!)
    Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
    1. Sift coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Empty any remaining coconut bits into bowl.
    2. Melt butter in small pan over low heat.
    3. When butter is melted add chocolate being careful not to overheat. KEEP THE TEMP LOW! Stir until chocolate is melted.
    4. Combine melted mixture and eggs, vanilla, erythritol, and 4 drops of stevia with dry ingredients.
    5. If necessary add additional stevia. Flavor should be bittersweet. It should not taste like milk chocolate or regular high-sugar brownies.
    6. Fold in walnuts.
    7. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake until toothpick comes out without anything sticking to it, about 10-15 minutes. Top may appear wet.
    8. Flip onto cooling rack and allow to cool.
    9. Once cool cut into 8 brownies.
    10. Cut each brownie in half like a sandwich, spread on sugar-free jelly and replace top.

Brownie Nutrition Data (DOESN'T INCLUDE SUGAR-FREE JELLY)
    176 kcal
    Fat: 17g
    Sat Fat: 8g
    Carbs: 6g
    Fiber: 4g
    Protein: 6g

Only 2g net carbs per brownie and lots of fiber.

Coconut Chocolate Glaze
    • 2 tbsp heavy cream
    • 1/2 oz (half square) unsweetened chocolate
    • 1 tbsp erythritol
    • Liquid Stevia
    • Coconut Extract
    • Vanilla Extract
    • Unsweetened shredded coconut
    1. Heat cream in small pan over low heat (can be the same pan used before).
    2. When cream is warm add chocolate being careful not to overheat. KEEP THE TEMP LOW! Stir until chocolate is melted.
    3. Add 3-5 drops each of coconut extract and vanilla. Wait to add remaining ingredients before adjusting to taste.
    4. Stir in erythritol.
    5. For bittersweet chocolate flavor add 20 drops of stevia. More can be added for sweeter flavor.
    6. Pour chocolate over brownies.
    7. Sprinkle shredded coconut over chocolate.
    8. Optional: Additional chocolate may be added inside brownie with jelly.
    The final touch is fresh REAL whipped cream. They're pretty good without it but the whipped cream really makes them amazing. Each brownie requires approximately 1 tbsp of cream (prior to whipping). If you like sweetened whipped cream add 1 drop of stevia per tbsp of cream.
    Owner of SupplementGiveaway.com
    Win free supplements at http://supplementgiveaway.com
    Here Be Dragons: An Introduction To Critical Thinking http://herebedragonsmovie.com/
    WATCH THIS MOVIE BEFORE LISTENING TO THE BROS

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    WTF OMG I hate you (because those look really good and I am jealous)
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000) DriverDan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    WTF OMG I hate you (because those look really good and I am jealous)
    So make them

Too bad I ate them all, I could go for another right now.
    Here Be Dragons: An Introduction To Critical Thinking http://herebedragonsmovie.com/

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how many does that make?
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aplbtm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Driver Dan-

You're amazing simply for the fact that you took time to bake. That looks like a long recipe. I'm carbing up tonight and tomorrow so I will have a "real" brownie for you both :-P

Originally Posted by skelooth View Post
    how many does that make?
    It makes 8. You can double the recipe and use a bigger pan. I halved the original since I was experimenting and wasn't sure how they'd turn out.

Originally Posted by aplbtm View Post
    Driver Dan-

You're amazing simply for the fact that you took time to bake. That looks like a long recipe. I'm carbing up tonight and tomorrow so I will have a "real" brownie for you both :-P
    Nice. I don't see any "real" brownies in my near future so enjoy it.

jpark4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You do realize that by introducing this i am going to be stuck in the kitchen AT LEAST 3-4 times a week. I am already going through withdraws from not eating keto-pudding.

this stuff is expensive.
    Last edited by jpark4; 04-13-2007 at 11:38 PM.

Originally Posted by jpark4 View Post
    this stuff is expensive.
    I know. That's my biggest problem with eating low carb, everything costs 2-5x more.

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dan, when you come up with REAL low carb brownies that aren't fruit or coconut flavored, let me know, because that and chocolate chip cookies are about the only sweets I like..... and sour skittles

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

I'm going to have to try this..they sound and look really good!

Thanks for the recipe

Just a quick update. Anyone looking to buy some erythritol should get is powdered, not granular. Unfortunately mine is granular and doesn't work very well in chocolate. It stays crystallized when used in higher concentrations. I tried making some low carb fudge last night and it wasn't very good, very gritty.

Location: Fukkoffville, FDA sucks, Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
    Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000) Beejis60 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DriverDan View Post
    DAY-UM!

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks, was looking for a recipe like this. cheers.

NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NicholeTiffany has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DriverDan View Post
    Just a quick update. Anyone looking to buy some erythritol should get is powdered, not granular. Unfortunately mine is granular and doesn't work very well in chocolate. It stays crystallized when used in higher concentrations. I tried making some low carb fudge last night and it wasn't very good, very gritty.
    Where did you end up finding this? Grocery store, or...?
    Act as if!

ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love chocolate and coconut, especially together. Gonna have to try these out...

sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Keto brownies... sweet...
    Intensity, Recovery, Nutrition, Sleep- the only things that matter.

maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow this is awesome thanks for the post
    Aisle by Aisle Keto Shopping Guide ----> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117649931

ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChicagoChef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I made these tonight (with a few minor adjustments). Pretty damn good; I'll post the nutritional info for what I did tomorrow.

Originally Posted by NicholeTiffany View Post
    Where did you end up finding this? Grocery store, or...?
    Another supplement site.