wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wbwell has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Whats the proper breathing technique when lifting?

I know Im not doing this right......My face is always blood red when I get up from the bench.

Esmir03 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Whats the proper breathing technique when lifting?

inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale

how hard is that.

your either Canadian, Polish or blonde lol

Originally posted by wbwell
    I know Im not doing this right......My face is always blood red when I get up from the bench.
    just do it normally
    Last edited by Esmir03; 02-15-2004 at 12:45 PM.

nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    inhale on the negative and exhale on the postive.

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just let It flow Naturally and dont Think about It.

nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nubreed has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by wildman536
    I just let It flow Naturally and dont Think about It.
    that's cool too...the bottom line is that you want a continuous supply of oxygen and you never want to hold your breath.

energy x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I'm maxing I inhale before I 'push' then half way up start exhaling. Concentrate on your actions, not your breathing.
    -x

[What Would Jesus Do?]

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by nubreed
    that's cool too...the bottom line is that you want a continuous supply of oxygen and you never want to hold your breath.
    except when you are exerting effort

zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I mostly dont think about it,

When I do squats and deads I force deep breaths between reps/sets
    More Testicles Means More Iron - Lunch Lady Dorris

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

It won't be long before you figure that out..

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    figure what out?

Today I was squatting and at the bottom of the movement just before I pushed my way upward I was deep red in the face. Last week when benching this guy said I'm gonna seriously injure myself cause I get crazy veins in my forehead and looks like I'm gonna pop! Its only those movements that I don't breathe. The big three....
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok let me think..

I inhale at the beginning of the excentric phase, and I exhale at the end of the concentric phase or when I stop.

andrewb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Learning to breathe correctly during squats and deadlifts was the toughest thing for me. It just didn't seem natural as the tendancy during these exercises is to want to keep everything tight and together.

When I first started to breathe freely it felt like I was giving up some control, but I soon realized that the process of controling my breathing was completely seperate from controlling my muscles in the exercise. It took a little bit of faith on my part but now I feel completely comfortable and actually more in control.
    Deads and squats are my two best friends

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    redspawn do you breath between reps?
    you shouldn't ohld your breath the whole set!

Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look, use a Natural breathing pattern.

If you force your breath all out there, you'll be spitting all over the place. Plus, if your breath isn't up to par, don't embarass yourself by asking for a spot. Good luck keeping one.
    If you hold your breath, it's coo, if you like blood vessels popping inside your eyeballs.

Breathe naturally.

Blowin in da taint CreamPie Charlie's Avatar
    CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CreamPie Charlie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Big Nes
    Look, use a Natural breathing pattern.

If you force your breath all out there, you'll be spitting all over the place. Plus, if your breath isn't up to par, don't embarass yourself by asking for a spot. Good luck keeping one.
    If you hold your breath, it's coo, if you like blood vessels popping inside your eyeballs.

Breathe naturally.
    lol i love blood vessels popping inside my eyeballs...NOT!

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by Kane Fan
    redspawn do you breath between reps?
    you shouldn't ohld your breath the whole set!
    bet your ass I do!!! I stand there with the bar on me and I'm like breathing in and out in and out then I go down again. Rerack the bar and sit down on the chair which I have in front of the power rack and take a little break.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jef-El will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lot of people told me, just dont think about it....but I started getting mini head aches during and directly after bench press, they gradually got more severe untill It felt like i had a stroke, I couldnt move for 15 mins. and couldnt lift anything over 30lbs for 2 months....
    My advice is consentrate on breathing especially on bench press, and i would stay away from decline if your having problems...

Inhale on negatives, exhale on positives...I usually lift slow and diliberate to make sure Im breathing properly