CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000)

Clensing diets? Liquid and others, for female friend please read.

Hi, my friend is a 27 year old female, and she has just had some surgury. It's not major and she is doing very well after about 2 weeks, doing some light workouts.

My question is, she was trying this clensing diet, supposed to be 10 days, and you can only drink this one drink with cayanne pepper, mapple syrup, and a few other herbs and lemon i think.

Now this sounds a little wierd to me, you wouldn't have any fuel acccpt for a bit of sugar. And especially if you were working out i'd think you'd loose muscle mass.

She is also thinkin of trying one with just miso soup, rice protein, and veggies, i think. Or something along those lines.

Does anyone know anything about the benefits or pitfalls of these so called Clensing diets? Anyone have any studies to post about this? I'm trying to gather info for her, she's had some mixed reviews.

Thanks! (PS, i did double post this in the female section and nutrition, just because i think they're both on topic, due to it being about nutrition, and her being a female. But i thought the female section might have had more people trying these clensing diets.)

Fugly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think I would rather just drink water and not eat...
    Yeah!

Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Canadian_AF is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Clensing diets? Liquid and others, for female friend please read.

Originally posted by CanadaBBOY
    Hi, my friend is a 27 year old female, and she has just had some surgury. It's not major and she is doing very well after about 2 weeks, doing some light workouts.

My question is, she was trying this clensing diet, supposed to be 10 days, and you can only drink this one drink with cayanne pepper, mapple syrup, and a few other herbs and lemon i think.

Now this sounds a little wierd to me, you wouldn't have any fuel acccpt for a bit of sugar. And especially if you were working out i'd think you'd loose muscle mass.

She is also thinkin of trying one with just miso soup, rice protein, and veggies, i think. Or something along those lines.

Does anyone know anything about the benefits or pitfalls of these so called Clensing diets? Anyone have any studies to post about this? I'm trying to gather info for her, she's had some mixed reviews.

Thanks! (PS, i did double post this in the female section and nutrition, just because i think they're both on topic, due to it being about nutrition, and her being a female. But i thought the female section might have had more people trying these clensing diets.)
    What's her reason behind doing the cleanse diet? I have read quite a bit about these before, alot who do them are extremely religious, others do them in hopes to rid their system of toxins. If her case is for the latter, or to lose weight, she's much better of to start eating a clean diet, free of processed foods and junk food, it's much healthier and safer, then shocking your system with a cleanse. On another not some also do the "colon cleanse", I've read quite a bit about it, while it does sound pretty intriguing i'm sure a healthy diet over time, with lots of roughage, brocolli, leafy veggies, etc.. would be a wiser decision.

Cheers!
    Always, under the underneath...
    =======
    Once the power of the mind is harnessed, any goal is reachable.
    =======
    Exercise is 10% Physical, and 90% Mental, the rest is up to you.

CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yea for toxins i believe.

She has one of the healthiest diets i've ever seen, she knows a lot about fitness. Personal trainer, group fitness instructor, gym manager, etc...

So yea i guess since she already has such a healthy diet she might not need it. But she had heard some things about them and wanted to give it a shot just to get all cleansed up and free'd of toxins to get back on track after her surgury.

Do you know of any good ones? Or are they basically best to avoid, and just eat clean.

Teriliel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only person I've heard of who has used the cayenne/maple syrup drink is Robin Quivers from the Howard Stern show. She actually lost a lot of weight and claims it's a direct result of using that cleansing drink....

SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SWW007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That doesn't seem very smart only 2 weeks after having surgery unless it was very minor because the body is recooperating and needs a lot of nutrients to repair the damaged tissues.
    The only dumb question is the question not asked.

If you need a hookup for your supplements or protein, shoot me a PM or even better hit me up by AIM.

kj2833 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive never dieted or cut in my whole life, so this is outside my realm. From what ive read your body has to be fed something. If you dont(crash diet,) your body will eat muscle and good things in your body but it will conserve the fat. This drink may stimulate the body just enough to help burn fat: i suppose

forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    interesting point if fasting on just water for 1 or 2 days is good for you.

i could imagine wild animals have times with no food in them...

supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation

increased insulin sensitivity when you fast
    STFU YOU JIB

BoxerUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Print this out for your friend and tell them not to bother with detox diets http://www.bda.uk.com/Downloads/janu...04foodfact.pdf
    Moderator at rossboxing.com

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    the body is in a negative nitrogen balance after surgery.

which means it catabolizing muscle tissue. a diet with no protein post surgery will lead to alot of unhealthy weight loss.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON