Power cannot last forever zxcvnm's Avatar
    zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy ok now I'm confused....

After reading this thread....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=224929

People say that to build a bigger and better body you do more reps and less weight? I dont get it, I asked several times on this forum and others said to do less reps and more weight (5-7 reps of 4 sets). Cause right now I'm trying to build a more bigger body (I care more about body than strenght so that means mass) so what do I do? Can someone help me, I'm really confused now.

Registered User masryinlondonuk's Avatar
    masryinlondonuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you wanna put on mass then you go for less reps - between 6-8 IMO, and higher weight. To tone up etc, then you do lower weight and higher reps.

zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50) zxcvnm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by masryinlondonuk
    If you wanna put on mass then you go for less reps - between 6-8 IMO, and higher weight. To tone up etc, then you do lower weight and higher reps.
    Is 6 and 8 reps a big difference?

Does 6 reps build mass more effectively?

Registered User masryinlondonuk's Avatar
    masryinlondonuk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What most people tend to do is to find a weight that they can lift 6 reps with. Once they are able to lift more than 8 reps of the weight then they put up the weight.

Originally posted by masryinlondonuk
    What most people tend to do is to find a weight that they can lift 6 reps with. Once they are able to lift more than 8 reps of the weight then they put up the weight.
    Cheers. My mind is straight once more.

Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10) Damien is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    For size I found 8-10 reps to be very effective (for legs 10-14).
    Lower reps do put on size, too, but not as much as a little higher ones.

Try each. There won't be a phase where you gain nothing but some where you gain more and some hwere you gain not as much. Experiment.
    It's not as hard as you think it is.
    Educate yourself, but stop thinking too much...

RichM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should pick a weight you cant do for 9 reps so you strugle on your 7th and 8th rep. then do it again and again for 6-8 reps for 4 sets. when you get it for 8 reps at all four sets move up

midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250) midweststunna has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by zxcvnm
    Is 6 and 8 reps a big difference?

Does 6 reps build mass more effectively?
    the idea is that if you're going with 6 reps as opposed to 8 youre using more weight than with 8 reps because thats ALL you can do for 6

bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bLeDZePPeLiN69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    See what works best for you... but you can't TONE without DIET.

Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000) Douche_Nutz is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: ok now I'm confused....

Originally posted by zxcvnm
    After reading this thread....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=224929

People say that to build a bigger and better body you do more reps and less weight? I dont get it, I asked several times on this forum and others said to do less reps and more weight (5-7 reps of 4 sets). Cause right now I'm trying to build a more bigger body (I care more about body than strenght so that means mass) so what do I do? Can someone help me, I'm really confused now.
    YOu must have misread that thread...