kb798 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going to switch up my routine...need advice

I've been working out 5-6 days a week lifting weights and doing cardio. I'd do one muscle group per day and 20 min cardio with 5 min cool down. My diet is definitely the weak link since I'm now trying to do a clean bulk.

I'm going to switch my routine up to 5/6 days a week, where MWF I'll be doing 2 muscle groups per day. On Tu/Th, I was planning on doing cardio but how much is enough? I really hate doing cardio, but I was thinking of doing 30-45 min of moderate intensity cardio and abs on those days. I was also thinking about switching the cardio routine every 2 weeks or so because moderate intensity and HIIT. Thoughts?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kb798 View Post
    I've been working out 5-6 days a week lifting weights and doing cardio. I'd do one muscle group per day and 20 min cardio with 5 min cool down. My diet is definitely the weak link since I'm now trying to do a clean bulk.

I'm going to switch my routine up to 5/6 days a week, where MWF I'll be doing 2 muscle groups per day. On Tu/Th, I was planning on doing cardio but how much is enough? I really hate doing cardio, but I was thinking of doing 30-45 min of moderate intensity cardio and abs on those days. I was also thinking about switching the cardio routine every 2 weeks or so because moderate intensity and HIIT. Thoughts?
    Sounds good.

Just make sure you're getting ample calories to support all of this activity! Well over your maintenance levels if you're bulking.

kb798 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm worried about gaining too much fat if I'm bulking - will doing cardio just twice a week suffice? I'm going to try and eat as healthy as I can, but my cravings can get the best of me!

SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SEAN0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    choose one. you either bulk or try to lose fat.

cant have it both ways, here is 2 simple lines that will explain why:

bulking needs calorie excess to help maintain muscle growth

cutting needs calorie deficiet to help burn off unwanted fat

SO.. you either eat a lot, and put on muscle (if you do it right you can minimise your fat gains), or you eat under maintainance and get rid of some of your fat.

now im assuming, which i shouldnt, that you have fat on you that you dont want anyways.. if you dont, and you are just scared of putting on fat while you bulk ditch your cardio and focus on putting on some mass. after a while you can then hit the cardio and rid yourself of the fat that you may or may not have.