Tirade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help Needed - 3 Day / Machines Only / Full Body / 45min max workout program needed!

Due to a weird schedule, I work out alone. I usually have 1-1.5 hours of time I can spare at the gym so Im trying to get the most out of what I can spare.

Currently here is what Im doing but I havent noticed any improvements.

Arrive at gym and tan for 10min and then 20min (2 miles) on the treadmill.

Then I try and split up my excercises but I am limited to machines only since I do not have a partner. However, the gym I work out at has damn near every machine known to man.

My goal is 100% weight loss and the lifting is just for toning and definition. Im not looking for muscle mass, or to start drinking protein shakes. I just want to know what excercises to do on what days and in how many reps/sets so that I can start a log and see my progression. The problem is I dont know what stuff to work out on what day and what not to work out on certain days. I only have about 45 min a day to work out so something with very few excercises and possibly only 3 sets per excercise. I would like to mention that my chest, shoulders and abs are my weaknesses. My shoulders by far lack any sort of muscle/definition. My chest is 42 inches but it seems to sag (man boobs as they say). Im 6'0, 190lbs and my goal is 175-180lbs which doesnt sound like much but because of muscle weight gain I realize I dont need to lose 30+lbs.

Any takers?

RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You do not need a partner to do free weights. Machines aren't going to do anything for your strength and won't give you huge mass gains. You'd be way way way way way way better of doing dumbbell work instead.

Anyways, stay away from machines if you want to see gains. Just stick to free weights. Check out Rippetoes or switch over and do unilateral work to remove any serious weakness in a certain side.

The reason I stressed machines was because when looking at the 3 day workouts on the site, all of them that used freeweights stated you needed to do them until failure and that a partner was required... so frustrating working 3rd shift..

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you do not have to go to failure, in fact i personally would discourage that practice.

you do not need a partner. i never use a partner. i do heavy squats, bench, ect. if you think you can't do another rep, then don't.

if you're leery still about training alone, use dumbells. say if you're benching and get in trouble, just drop them. dumbells are an excellent tool no matter what level you're at

to answer your question about sets/reps to see progression, i agree with RA26,the rippetoes program is good one. something you may find appealing is circuit training, you get cardio and weight training all in one.

Thanks, I'll look into that program and see what its about.

Tim