bruffyboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What happens when you stop taking supplements? Does it all disappear?

Hi,
    I'm new here. I wanted to ask about supplements. I could afford to do a cycle of something like animal pump but only for a month or two, but what happens when you come off the supplements? Does the new muscle all turn to fat or are you able to sustain it through doing weights?

Also, would your bench press etc go down in weight as you are no longer taking supplements and not able to keep up the hard work, or would your muscles and strength grown to the point where you can now do the increased amounts.

I guess what I am asking is is there any point in doing a supplement for 6 or so weeks and then not doing any at all, just continuing to work out 5 times a week. Thanks

kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There really wouldn't be a point in taking the supps for 6 weeks and not taking any after that.

6 weeks is long enough for you to see LITTLE changes in appearance and strength. After that i'd just make sure you keep eating well to keep up what you have otherwise you'll just become frustrated and think that you really need supps to continue working out.

so IMO ... i wouldn't take them if you're only going to use them for only 6 weeks.
    No Pain, No Gain

Originally Posted by kEEnan6 View Post
    There really wouldn't be a point in taking the supps for 6 weeks and not taking any after that.

6 weeks is long enough for you to see LITTLE changes in appearance and strength. After that i'd just make sure you keep eating well to keep up what you have otherwise you'll just become frustrated and think that you really need supps to continue working out.

so IMO ... i wouldn't take them if you're only going to use them for only 6 weeks.
    SO how come people are saying they had great results with animal pump in 10 adys? I'm not arguing with you, but I dont understand.

kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kEEnan6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll notice a change don't get me wrong, it's just that you won't be Arnold after 10 days or even 6 weeks.
    No Pain, No Gain

Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Interlocutor has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bruffyboy View Post
    SO how come people are saying they had great results with animal pump in 10 adys? I'm not arguing with you, but I dont understand.
    you have to understand what you want to achieve, and what specific supplements do, before you waste your money on them. otherwise, you'll never know what to really expect.

you also have to learn to cut through the marketing crap (95% lies) to the actual biochemical processes behind the supplements you take. also realize that a lot of feedback as presented by vendors may be ... filtered. OTOH, feedback by users may overstate effects: often people improve their diet/workouts at the same time they start a certain supplement, add to that the placebo effect, and it becomes very hard to distinguish reality from wishful thinking.

if you take something which is to increase workout endurance, then this is what you'll get. if you take something agains DOMS, then again this is what you'll get. both of those types of supplements will obviously not provide lasting effects. many such types of supplements also have immediate effect.

creatine based items may wear off after some time. muscular gains from PHs and DSs mainly depend on your PCT and follow-up if you can maintain them.

in-between muscle-building supplements, such as AIs, AA, BAM, etc. may actually provide maintainable gains, but take quite some time to work, and sides will not be to everybodies liking.

basically, if you are limited for cash, think very carefully about what you want to achieve before wasting your money on any supplement, especially if it may be the wrong one for your goals. a lot of supplements are mostly feel-good energizers, or motivational crutches.

also make sure that you could not achieve the same results by simply optimizing your workouts or (mainly) diet. if your nutrition is at 70%, you still have 30% room for improvement, compared to 5% that most supplements will yield if nutrition is off.

question: if you look at the ingredient profile of animal pump, from which ingredient exactly do you expect lasting results, after 1 day, or 10?

THE INTERLOCUTOR

Originally Posted by Interlocutor View Post
    you have to understand what you want to achieve, and what specific supplements do, before you waste your money on them. otherwise, you'll never know what to really expect.

you also have to learn to cut through the marketing crap (95% lies) to the actual biochemical processes behind the supplements you take. also realize that a lot of feedback as presented by vendors may be ... filtered. OTOH, feedback by users may overstate effects: often people improve their diet/workouts at the same time they start a certain supplement, add to that the placebo effect, and it becomes very hard to distinguish reality from wishful thinking.

if you take something which is to increase workout endurance, then this is what you'll get. if you take something agains DOMS, then again this is what you'll get. both of those types of supplements will obviously not provide lasting effects. many such types of supplements also have immediate effect.

creatine based items may wear off after some time. muscular gains from PHs and DSs mainly depend on your PCT and follow-up if you can maintain them.

in-between muscle-building supplements, such as AIs, AA, BAM, etc. may actually provide maintainable gains, but take quite some time to work, and sides will not be to everybodies liking.

basically, if you are limited for cash, think very carefully about what you want to achieve before wasting your money on any supplement, especially if it may be the wrong one for your goals. a lot of supplements are mostly feel-good energizers, or motivational crutches.

also make sure that you could not achieve the same results by simply optimizing your workouts or (mainly) diet. if your nutrition is at 70%, you still have 30% room for improvement, compared to 5% that most supplements will yield if nutrition is off.

question: if you look at the ingredient profile of animal pump, from which ingredient exactly do you expect lasting results, after 1 day, or 10?

THE INTERLOCUTOR
    Thanks for that. What about protein, is that important to take as a supplement? Will it do a lot for me? I am working out 5 days a week heavy so just feel I should be takin something?

danielwn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danielwn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danielwn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danielwn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) danielwn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    ask brian peppers what happen to him when he stop using cell-tech

Registered User isuckathockey35's Avatar
    isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10) isuckathockey35 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bruffyboy View Post
    Thanks for that. What about protein, is that important to take as a supplement? Will it do a lot for me? I am working out 5 days a week heavy so just feel I should be takin something?
    My thoughts on protein are that if you can get enough in your diet you should be ok... except for post workout, which you need a quick digesting protien, and a night time protein, which you want a slow digesting protein.

iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iammarques has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Biotest supplements will have a life time effect on you.
    My supplements:

Biotest spike
    Biotest hotrox
    Biotest Tribulus
    Biotest Surge
    Biotest Metabolc Drive
    Biotest flameout
    Biotest Beta 7
    Biotest BCAA