thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

check my new improved cutting diet (advice needed)

Meal 1:
    2 cups oatmeal
    300 calories
    1 banana
    1 tsp. natty peanut butter
    1 scoop whey
    1 cup skim milk
    (715)

Meal 2:
    1 jack link's beef steak stick
    (70)

Meal 3:
    2 slices whole wheat bread
    2 oz deli sliced turkey OR roast beef
    1.5 cup lettuce
    packet fat free italian dressing
    (195)

Meal 4:
    2 slices whole wheat bread
    1 tsp. sugar free preserves
    1 tsp natty peanut butter
    (205)

Meal 5:
    1 scoop whey
    (110)

Meal 6:
    1 scoop whey
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    (260)

Meal 7:
    8 oz chicken breast
    veggies
    (300 max)

Total calories: 1855

The meals may change a little, but i try to keep the calories between 1700-2000 a day.. ratios usually end up being about 40/40/20... on fridays i have a cheat meal at ghenghis grill.. white rice, olive oil, chicken, crab, tofu, scallops, shrimp, veggies, all mixed in a stir fry. I am cutting right now, does this sound like a good diet?? I am 5'11 176..

Advice anyone

thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thejumpoff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ummm... anyone?

Professional Eater Dedicatedforlife's Avatar
    Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay...hmm....
    Make your breakfast a little smaller and make your other meals a little bigger, thats one thing that struck me....

You need a lot more EFA's....add some flax or olive oil....or nuts...they all work great.

Personally I would increase your calories to 2000+ because you seem a little low...it would be better to go for 2500 calories and a little extra cardio. You will have much better results.

subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: check my new improved cutting diet (advice needed)

Originally posted by thejumpoff
    Meal 1:
    2 cups oatmeal
    300 calories
    2 cups of oatmeal only 300 calories? Am pretty sure it is 760 calories. Are you counting the cups as cooked or the dry uncooked oats?

Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    300 calories would be 2 coups of cooked oatmeal

subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ah ok...phew, thought I was miscalculating my intake

newps34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) newps34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe 1/2 cup of uncooked oats is 150 calories.

Originally posted by Dedicatedforlif
    Okay...hmm....
    Make your breakfast a little smaller and make your other meals a little bigger, thats one thing that struck me....

You need a lot more EFA's....add some flax or olive oil....or nuts...they all work great.

Personally I would increase your calories to 2000+ because you seem a little low...it would be better to go for 2500 calories and a little extra cardio. You will have much better results.

i have some questions :
    1) what's the problem with eating big in the morning... i found that spacing my meals this way i am never really hungry, that's why i like it...

2)do the 2 tsp of peanut butter a day not = enough EFA's? also, i usually get some EFA's on most days because if i dont eat a 8 oz chicken breast, i have shrimp w/ OLIVE OIL or SALMON... so i assume those work..

oh and to the guy askin about the oatmeal... it's 2 cups when cooked... only 1 cup when dry... 300 cal...

thanks to those who've replied...

oh also, is 1800 cal not enough? i cardio a lot, but since i was cutting i thought that going over like 11x my body weight wasn't too good and that i shouldn't raise em. i might be mistaken.
    Last edited by thejumpoff; 02-10-2004 at 01:48 PM.

no 1800 calories is not enough

- 700 calories is a good breakfast, but your other meals are way too small, at least at the begining of the day....

- No 2 tsps of PB is not enough for EFA's, aim for about 30-40 grams of EFA's at least that much if not more, remember good fats won't make you fat!!!

Originally posted by Dedicatedforlif
    no 1800 calories is not enough

are you sure man? i've heard the general rule is 10x bw. i mean, i'm all for eating more, i just wanna make sure i don't stall my fat loss.

why do you think it's too little?

i want to experiment with higher cals, but like i always think that i have higher cals than i really calculate because when my mom cooks she adds things, like she doesn't do anything bad for me... but she'll add like some olive oil to saute the shrimp... or some olive oil to saute mushrooms so i always think my cals will be over w/o my knowing it...

also, ive been pretty much stuck around 175 for a while..ever since i started eating 1700 a day... i used to take in way way too little... then i started w/ the right amount and havent seen much change in my weight... it does feel like my body is losing fat though... i dunno... im just tryin to get the process movin as fast as possible
    Last edited by thejumpoff; 02-10-2004 at 05:35 PM.

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree, 1800 is too little. Unless your goal is to lose muscle as well , eat a little more.

ok, should i bump it up to 2100 cals per day?

i think i will try this for a couple weeks and see how the progress is. i'm impatient which is bad i know, i just want to get rid of the bf asap. i realize i just have to do it consistantly, not necessarily quickly. mainly, i want to get cut up for summer, so i still have a while, i'm at about 13% bf tho.

any significant foods my diet is missing?

also any big advice on cardio or weight training?

mirin my join date brah? Chasing_Size's Avatar
    Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chasing_Size will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wayy too many carbs imho... you shouldnt eat all that bread when cutting... stick to breakfast, pre, post... other then that, fibrous veggies would do fine

Originally posted by Chasing_Size
    wayy too many carbs imho... you shouldnt eat all that bread when cutting... stick to breakfast, pre, post... other then that, fibrous veggies would do fine

the bread seems like a lot, but i have this sara lee wheat bread that is only 45 cal a slice and 9 carbs a slice...

so basically for every 2 slices i eat of it, it only equals out to 1 slice of regular wheat bread...

therefore, i can eat 2 sandwiches and it would be equal calorie-wise and carb-wise to one.

as long as my ratios come out to 40/40/20 isn't it fine anyways?

thanks.

REVISED

ok. i've revised the diet a bit to incorporate the 2100 calories.

meal 1:
    shake mentioned previously = 414
    2 cups oatmeal cooked = 300

meal 2:
    jack links beef steak stick = 70

meal 3:
    4 slices wheat bread = 180 (read previous post for explanation)
    2 oz turkey breast = 60
    1 tsp. soy nut butter = 85
    1.5 cup lettuce = 10
    1 packet fat free italian dressing = 15
    1 tsp. sugar free preserves = 10

meal 4:
    2 slices wheat bread = 90
    1 tsp. soy nut butter = 85
    1 tsp. sugar free preserves = 10

meal 5:
    1 scoop whey w/ water = 110

meal 6:
    1 scoop whey w/ water = 110
    1/2 cup oatmeal cooked = 150

meal 7:
    8 oz chicken breast = 220 ???? NOT SURE
    veggies = didnt include because it depends on which i have

TOTAL: 2047 calories, 45 g fat, 228 carbs, 205 protein

20% fat
    38% carbs
    42% protein

one of the reasons i take in so many carbs is because i do cardio 6 times a week... (hiit) 3 times i do it in the morning and lift later that day... 3 times i do it in the afternoon... i notice that sometimes when i get up quickly from laying or sitting down i am dizzy for a second, this used to happen whenever i ate too little calories.. so i upped my carb intake a bit since im pretty active.. is this ok? my ratios still come out fine.

i also have one basketball game a week and play basketball for fun.. so i usually get a good amount of cardio in...
    Last edited by thejumpoff; 02-10-2004 at 08:02 PM.

^i'll be trying this starting today!

rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rjd221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    any progress over the last four months
    Who is your Daddy and what does he do?

Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i wouldnt even count meal 2 as a meal....its only 70 calories. I agree with the others, you need some bigger meals. Another question i have is why did you change from natty peanut butter to soy nut butter. Just stick with the natty.
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 132.2

Weight Weekly:
    Week 1: 132.2

Time to get work done!

Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Luski16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hell i have an idea for you...why dont you use my bulking diet as your cutting diet. lol it sounds funny but im only 81 pounds and 2000 calories is all i need to bulk. I think its just about perfect. Except you might wanna replace a little bit of the carbs is all. Meal number 1 is my pre-workout meal since i workout in the morning and meal 2 is post work out. Here it is:

Meal 1 - 1 cup oatmeal (uncooked), 1 scoop ON whey (or any type of whey would work), 1 cup skim milk
    -500 calories /42 protein/ 70 carbs/ 8 fat

Meal 2 - 1 scoop ON whey, 1 scoop gatorade powder
    -190 calories /23 protein/ 23 carbs/ 2 fat

Meal 3 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 3 oz. tuna, 2 slices whole wheat bread, 2 tbsp fat free mayo
    -340 calories /31 protein/ 50 carbs/ 4.5 fat

Meal 4 - 4 oz. salmon, 1/4 cup (measure dry) brown rice, 1 cup broccoli
    -395 calories /26 protein/ 35 carbs/ 15 fat

Meal 5 - 6-8 oz. chicken breast, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli
    -315 calories /37 protein/ 35 carb/ 2.5 fat

Meal 6 - 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    -260 calories /28 protein/ 15 carb/ 8 fat

Totals - 2000 calories /187 protein/ 228 carbs/ 40 fat

thats it. You could moderate some things, but i think this would work well for you. Also there are plenty of EFA's in there as well.
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 132.2

Weight Weekly:
    Week 1: 132.2

Time to get work done!

Auguzt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Luski16
    hell i have an idea for you...why dont you use my bulking diet as your cutting diet. lol it sounds funny but "im only 81 pounds"
    Are you only 81 WHAT?
    *sigh*

Regards,
    August