Registered User goldengoddess22's Avatar
    goldengoddess22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Red face When Should I Decrease Weight/increase Reps?

I've been consistantly weightlifting for 5 weeks I already have 145lbs of lean mass, but i'm still lifting heavier weight with less reps (6-12 depending on body part). So when should I switch to higher reps because i heard that helps burn fat more. but then again i heard that lifting heavier weight builds muscle and in turn the more muscle you have the more fat you'll burn? HELP?!?!?
    -A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority
    - Goal date May 31st baby!!
    -6'0 Wonder of the World!
    -Who say 6'0 footers aren't sexy? We invented SEXY!

Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10) Leigh P. is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Burning fat is about negative energy (caloric deficit). It doesn't matter if you are lifting high or lifting low, if you are burning up more than you are taking in, then you will lose.

What is optimum? What will give you greater EPOC and Metabolic function? Full Body, Low reps/heavy weights.

Hope that helps.

craving sweet potatoes lorabeann's Avatar
    lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000) lorabeann is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't forget diet, diet, diet!

goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What's up Homegirl!!!!

What a small world. You live 20 minutes from me and YOU'RE AN AMAZON TOO!!!!!

Diet is very important. You could bust your booty in the gym lifting weights but it means nothing if you don't eat clean.

Personally, I lift moderate weights with lots of reps. I tried to do the heavy weights and low reps thing but for some reason my body responded more to the moderate weights with high reps. I have no idea why but I'm sticking with it because it works.

I'm seeing all the hard work pay off with my diet but I'm also a cardio nut too.

I have a personal trainer to help me get on the right track.This is something you may want to look into. I have mine for only 90 training days. After that I want to be on my own. Between him and the awesome people on this website/forum I will reach my goals. I'm sure you will too!

Registered User goldengoddess22's Avatar
    goldengoddess22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

Thanks everyone for the advice, i'll continue increasing my weight, I just don't want to gain bigger muscle and the fat isn't coming off quick enough making me look bigger. I'll up the cardio. Hey goddess, similar names, off course tall women rule!! I LOVE every inch of my height baby!!! lol
    -A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority
    - Goal date May 31st baby!!
    -6'0 Wonder of the World!
    -Who say 6'0 footers aren't sexy? We invented SEXY!