Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Journey w/ Scivation into the Singles

What's up Everyone,

I recently joined up with the Scivation boys for my journey to bring my bodyfat
    into the single digits. This is just a short term goal, as I plan on bringing
    my body to the next level, so I can get myself stage ready for this time next
    year.

A little background...

I recently just completed a two year bulking phase. I've brought my weight from
    approx. 130 lbs. on St. Patty's Day 2005 to 184.5 lbs. last week. My bulk was a
    little unorthodox since I've encountered some serious roadblocks along the way.
    In October 2004 I was diagnosed with oral cancer for the second time, since I
    was only 23 at the time I didn't meet any of the "risk factors" for this type of
    cancer. Due to this I was put on a very aggressive treatment program, where I
    found myself enduring one major surgery as well as a pretty extensive
    radiation/chemo program.

Anyway, the severe pain in my mouth didn't allow me to eat, so I saw my 175 lb.
    frame dwindle to 130 lbs., a weight my body had not felt since maybe 6th grade.

I started my journey back to the gym in June 2005 at a weight of 155 lb. (bf
    10%). My strength was non-existent and so was any muscle I had put on in the
    previous years. But, through time I managed to get my weight up, and somewhat
    keep my bodyfat levels in check.

Fast forward to today, and I've brought myself up to 184.5 (~14% bf). I feel at
    this point I've brought my body to a point in which I can no longer make
    significant progress. I feel with the guidance of a professional I'll be able
    to bring my body to the next level.

In comes Team Scivation. I joined the team for the simple fact that they have
    the knowledge to bring my body to this next level. So through the next couple
    of months you can follow along on my "Journey to the Singles".

I'm currently on Week #6 of the Cut Diet, for this reason I won't post my diet,
    since it's exactly out've the book. I'm following the CD2000. What I will do
    is post any changes that Derek makes along the way. I will post my daily
    workouts, as well as any significant changes that come up.

I hope that this log can provide some motivation to anyone who stops by to read
    it, and
    helps them to realize that with proper focus and motivation you can make it
    through any of life's roadblocks and obtain any goal you truly set your mind to.

Since finding this thread nearly a year ago, I've found it to be a great
    motivator to follow along with Marc's thread and see how someone can maintain a
    normal, successful life and still live the bodybuilding lifestyle.

My beginning stats with Team Scivation on 4/4/2007

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 184.5
    Bodyfat: ~ 14.8%
    Phenotype: Endomorph

DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here's my starting pics...
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Str8Focus; 04-11-2007 at 05:55 PM.

GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GRCRYSTYK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Should be interesting,...Keep posting,...

>>>--->

mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats and welcome to the family!!! I'm no Beast or Marc but if I can help in any way, please let me know.
    "Train like an animal, diet with the discipline of a samurai, and give it your all."

soxfan4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck with everything bud! i joined a week ago with the same goal of hitting single digits...im sure after some hard work and help from marc and beast well both meet our goals.
    Team Scivation

Originally Posted by va_new_guy View Post
    Congrats and welcome to the family!!! I'm no Beast or Marc but if I can help in any way, please let me know.
    Thanks Va...

I appreciate your support.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

Originally Posted by soxfan4life View Post
    good luck with everything bud! i joined a week ago with the same goal of hitting single digits...im sure after some hard work and help from marc and beast well both meet our goals.
    Oh definitely, we will. I have total confidence in Marc and Derek. Hey are you a RED sox fan 4 life????
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Good log! Let the games begin!

Today's workout was Arms. Since yesterday was my scheduled "Off Day" today's workout went great. As I've said in another thread that addressed this issue, I've completely regained all my strength since entering week #5 of the Cut Diet. The first four weeks training regimen I found to be "different" and nonetheless challenging. Now that I've regained my strength though, all is good.

On to the workout...

7 Scoops Xtend + 1.5 scoops Substance WPI (half before, half after workout)

Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls 5 x 8

One-Arm Preacher Curls 5 x 8

Concentration Curls 3 x 8

Close-Grip Bench Press 5 x 8

Straight-Bar Pressdowns 5 x 8

One-Arm Overhead Extensions 3 x 8

Swiss Ball Crunches 4 x 45

Cardio 35 mins. HR 135-147

I left the gym with a great pump in my arms, so much so they actually started cramping up when I was using my phone.

Tomorrow will be Shoulders.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mass_chaos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Str8Focus View Post
    Today's workout was Arms. Since yesterday was my scheduled "Off Day" today's workout went great. As I've said in another thread that addressed this issue, I've completely regained all my strength since entering week #5 of the Cut Diet. The first four weeks training regimen I found to be "different" and nonetheless challenging. Now that I've regained my strength though, all is good.

On to the workout...

Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls 5 x 8

One-Arm Preacher Curls 5 x 8

Concentration Curls 3 x 8

Close-Grip Bench Press 5 x 8

Straight-Bar Pressdowns 5 x 8

One-Arm Overhead Extensions 3 x 8

Swiss Ball Crunches 4 x 45

Cardio 35 mins. HR 135-147

I left the gym with a great pump in my arms, so much so they actually started cramping up when I was using my phone.

Tomorrow will be Shoulders.

Yeah Buddy!!!! That strength is back and it is time to hit hard and heavy!!! Looks like you had a great workout. Keep it up.
    "Train like an animal, diet with the discipline of a samurai, and give it your all."

Oh definitely, we will. I have total confidence in Marc and Derek. Hey are you a RED sox fan 4 life????
    you better believe it, born and raised in the boston area.
    Team Scivation

Originally Posted by soxfan4life View Post
    you better believe it, born and raised in the boston area.
    Me too. Dice-K pitched well yesterday, but that Hernandez kid looked unbelievable.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

3 runs in 7 innings is good enough for me, ill take that everytime out...but ya that hernandez kid was unreal last night.
    Team Scivation

So last night was my refeed...

Oatmeal + Natty PB = Good Times

Not sure if anyone else following the cut diet feels the same way, but this happens to be every time I do the refeed. I have all my food lined up ready to go, I sit down, the smell of the oatmeal and PB is wafting towards me then I look down and realize I still have to shovel a cup and a half of green beans. Man that has to be the worst part, anyway off to this morning's workout...

Today was Shoulders...

Hammer Machine Shoulder Press 5 x 8

Standing Military Press 5 x 8

Dumbbell Lateral Raises 5 x 8

Reverse Pec Deck 5 x 8

Leg Raises 4 x 15

Swiss Ball Oblique Crunches 4 x 45

Cardio 35 mins. HR 131-147

I left the gym feeling good, today's Friday and the weekend is almost here.

Tomorrow will be Legs
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

What's up Everyone,

Today was Legs. Since I don't work today, I have the opportunity to sleep a little and get in 2 solid food meals prior to my workout. Normally, I'm in the gym @ 5AM, so on the weekends I can really hit it hard. This is the main reason I've moved my leg workouts to the weekend.

On to the workout...

Squats 6 x 8

Single Leg Kickbacks 4 x 8

Lying Leg Curls 4 x 8

Hack Squats 5 x 8

Leg Extensions 5 x 8

Seated Calf Raises 5 working sets x varying reps***

***Since my calves really don't respond to traditional rep schemes, I've found that doing a modified rep scheme really helps keep my calves growing and burning. So I start with 4 plates on each side (470 lbs.) and each set increase by one plate on each side, then for the final set I decrease to 3 plates/side (270 lbs.)

So it looks like this...

360 x 54
    450 x 39
    540 x 24
    630 x 11
    270 x 55

Next week, I'll beat each rep by 1. I've found this style to be very effective the pump is ridiculous and it keeps my calves growing.

Cardio 35 mins. HR 131-147

Workout went great, I felt very strong and awake. Tomorrow will be an "Off Day". So I'll pick up on Monday with Chest.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

What's up Everyone,

Yesterday was an off-day, so I was pretty pumped to get into the gym this morning. I also have a huge exam tonight, so being in the gym is a nice escape from that 'ish.

Checked in with the Scivation boys and since I'm sort've at a sticking point, weight/bf wise, I will now be doing only ONE carb refeed a week and cardio is up to 40 mins./session.

Oh well, gotta suck it up and move forward..

On to the workout, today was Chest, and since it's week 8 (training wise) we increase the weight and drop the sets to 6....

Incline Barbell 5 x 6

Flat Bench Barbell 5 x 6

Hammer Strength Incline 5 x 6

Pec Deck Flyes "To Failure"

Swiss Ball Crunches 4 x 50

Reverse Crunches 4 x 15

Cardio 40 mins. HR 137-149

Off to work, I'll check in with the forums later on today..

Have a good one.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

What's up Everyone,

Yesterday was an off-day, so I was pretty pumped to get into the gym this morning. I also have a huge exam tonight, so being in the gym is a nice escape from that 'ish.

Checked in with the Scivation boys and since I'm sort've at a sticking point, weight/bf wise, I will now be doing only ONE carb refeed a week and cardio is up to 40 mins./session.

Oh well, gotta suck it up and move forward..

On to the workout, today was Chest, and since it's week 8 (training wise) we increase the weight and drop the sets to 6....

Incline Barbell 5 x 6

Flat Bench Barbell 5 x 6

Hammer Strength Incline 5 x 6

Swiss Ball Crunches 4 x 50

Reverse Crunches 4 x 15

Cardio 40 mins. HR 137-149

Off to work, I'll check in with the forums later on today..

Have a good one.

Yeah Buddy!! Lets get it!!! Good luck on the exam today. While you are there learn me something. HAHAHA

What's up...

Today was Back day....

As always, 7 Scoops Xtend + 1.5 scoops Substance WPI (half before, half after workout)

Bent-Over Rows 5 x 6

One-Arm Hammer Strength Rows 5 x 6

Seated Close-Grip Rows 5 x 6

Wide Grip Pulldowns 5 x 6

Dumbbell Shrugs 6 x 6

Decline Crunches 3 x 20

Hyperextensions 4 x 20

Cardio 40 mins. HR 138-151

Workout was awesome, my strength at this point is through the roof. I love doing high intensity/low volume workouts. I'm not sure if it's psychological, but when I know I only have to go b#lls out for 6 reps, I really get pumped.

Tomorrow will be Arms.

Be Easy everyone.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

What's up guys,

Today was a tough workout, since last night would've normally been my refeed I think my body was becoming accustomed to carbs every three days, so when it didn't get them it made me drag a$$ this morning. I've hit a really critical point in my semester, plus my full time job is a good hours drive away so all that combined can make you feel pretty run down. Honestly though this forum, plus the motivation provided to me by reading threads like Marc's keep me pushing.

On to the workout, today was arms....

Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls 5 x 6

One-Arm Preacher Curls 5 x 6 **Last set was performed as a drop-set, total reps = 25**

Concentration Curls 3 x 6

Close-Grip Bench Press 5 x 6

Straight-Bar Pressdowns 5 x 6

One-Arm Overhead Extensions 3 x 6

Cardio 40 mins. HR 131-147

I can't stress enough how strong I feel, when I'm not dead tired. For anyone kicking the tires on the idea of the "cut diet" I would strongly recommend to anyone looking to add lean mass, while reducing bodyfat. The first four weeks will really test you, but after that you really settle into a nice groove.

Peace out everyone.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Best of luck bro, if you need help with anything feel free to PM me .

Looking good
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Originally Posted by young_squatter View Post
    Best of luck bro, if you need help with anything feel free to PM me .

Looking good
    Cool man...Thanks.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

Good Morning All,

Happy Friday!!!!

Today was Shoulders, one of my favorite bodyparts to work. My body's really getting used to waking up at 4:30 now. Since I had to increase my cardio and working sets, I needed to wake up earlier so I could bang out my workout before work. I normally was waking up at 5:15-5:30 which wasn't all that bad. At first, waking up at 4:30 was pretty rough, but it took about 2 weeks and my body slowly adjusted. This morning I actually woke up before my alarm, so I think I'm in the groove with the waking up.

Again to all the potential cut diet peeps, the energy loss that comes hand in hand with cutting, I've yet to experience as of Week #7.

On to my workout.....

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 5 x 6

Standing Military Press 5 x 6

Dumbbell Lateral Raises 5 x 6**Last set was performed as a drop-set, total reps = 25**

Reverse Pec Deck 5 x 6

Reverse Crunches 4 x 15

Cardio 40 mins. HR 138-151

I normally perform 2 ab exercises, but my abs are very sore, which necessarily isn't a bad thing, but it is keeping me from performing 2 exercises, although this will pass in a day or so.

Tomorrow will be Legs.

Be Easy Gentlemen
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

matt_t2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt_t2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt_t2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt_t2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt_t2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matt_t2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am just now getting to know all about the beast and his beliefs. I am excited to start the cut diet, and hope that everything is going good for your goals. I downloaded the cut diet 2, but also have the origianl cut diet book I had just forgot about. Now that I am actually ready to use it I hope it works well.
    Look in the air its MATTMAN!

Originally Posted by matt_t2004 View Post
    I am just now getting to know all about the beast and his beliefs. I am excited to start the cut diet, and hope that everything is going good for your goals. I downloaded the cut diet 2, but also have the origianl cut diet book I had just forgot about. Now that I am actually ready to use it I hope it works well.
    If you put in the time and hardwork it will definitely work. Good Luck on your cut
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

What's up Everyone,

Yesterday was an off-day for me. I don't know if anyone else suffers from allergies, but man mine have been kicking my a$$. Up here in Boston, it finally warmed up after over a week of dark rainy days. The owner of my gym must've not been outside becuase the gym today was nearly 110 degrees with all the windows shut, I felt like I was working out in a dungeon. Oh well, it's all good.

On to Sunday's leg workout...

Scoops Xtend + 1.5 scoops Substance WPI (half before, half after workout)

Squats 6 x 6

Single Leg Kickbacks 4 x 6

Lying Leg Curls 4 x 6

Hack Squats 5 x 6

Leg Extensions 5 x 6

360 x 55
    450 x 40
    540 x 25
    630 x 12
    270 x 56

Cardio 40 mins. HR 148-151

Workout went well, my calves kept cramping up during seated calf raises due to how ridiculously hot it was in the gym. I'll do my weekly check-in with Derek later on today, plus I have my once a week refeed which is always something to look forward to.

My weight this morning was 183 lbs. so that's .5 lb down from last week. Looking at the mirror I can definitely see changes in my body composition from my first post's pics. I plan on having new pics up by either next week or the following week.

So, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS to Diehards77 on his 1st place in the teen category at the OCB Spirit of America, it's always good to see the Team Scivation boys reaping rewards for all their hard work.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

What's up Everyone,

Yesterday was an off-day for me. I don't know if anyone else suffers from allergies, but man mine have been kicking my a$$. Up here in Boston, it finally warmed up after over a week of dark rainy days. The owner of my gym must've not been outside becuase the gym today was nearly 110 degrees with all the windows shut, I felt like I was working out in a dungeon. Oh well, it's all good.

On to Sunday's leg workout...

Scoops Xtend + 1.5 scoops Substance WPI (half before, half after workout)

Squats 6 x 6

Single Leg Kickbacks 4 x 6

Lying Leg Curls 4 x 6

Hack Squats 5 x 6

Leg Extensions 5 x 6

360 x 55
    450 x 40
    540 x 25
    630 x 12
    270 x 56

Cardio 40 mins. HR 148-151

Workout went well, my calves kept cramping up during seated calf raises due to how ridiculously hot it was in the gym. I'll do my weekly check-in with Derek later on today, plus I have my once a week refeed which is always something to look forward to.

My weight this morning was 183 lbs. so that's .5 lb down from last week. Looking at the mirror I can definitely see changes in my body composition from my first post's pics. I plan on having new pics up by either next week or the following week.

So, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS to Diehards77 on his 1st place in the teen category at the OCB Spirit of America, it's always good to see the Team Scivation boys reaping rewards for all their hard work.
    That's a good week. 1/2lb a week is a good sign of retaining muscle and losing fat!!! Keep it up and can't wait to see them pics.

britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000) britishbulld0g is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Here's my starting pics...
    Looking strong, particularly in the rear lat spread

Looking goog so far, keep up the good work

Good Morning Everyone,

First off thanks to everyone that's stopped by and checked out my journal, your kind words always add fuel to my fire.

This week is Week #8 so that means that I will increase the sets to 6 and the reps to 8, also I'll add weight from my prior weeks lifts.

Today was chest, so without further ado, onto the workout....

Incline Barbell 6 x 6

Flat Bench Barbell 6 x 6

Hammer Strength Incline 6 x 6 **

**Last set was performed as a drop set for a total of 20 reps, I did this because I completely gassed out on my last set, I was only able to get 5, so I stipped weight and banged out 10 more**

Decline Crunches 4 x 15

Cardio 40 mins. HR 128-139

So this workout was definitely gruelling, but after my shower and breakfast I feel fantastic. Last night was my weekly refeed so I'm kinda bloated this morning.

I'm about to head out for my one-hour commute to the old 9-5, so I'll check in on the boards when I get there.

Later Guys.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

Thumbs up Double Sessions Baby!!!!!!!!!!

What's up Everyone,

Yesterday was an off-day because I had a huge presentation in my night class so I was burning the midnight oil on Monday night. Anyway, because of this I'm gonna bust out some ol' "Double Sessions" today. So for today I'll be doing Back this AM and Arms after work this PM.

This week I increased the weight, reps, and sets. At first I thought it wouldn't be that much of a difference, but man was I wrong. This morning's back workout destroyed me. Derek also increased cardio to 45 mins, this is to counter my super Endomorph status. My weight's down to 183 lbs.

Anyway on to the workout...

T-Bar Rows 6 x 8

One-Arm Hammer Strength Rows 6 x 8

Seated Close-Grip Rows 6 x 8

Wide Grip Pulldowns 5 x 6

Dumbbell Shrugs 6 x 8

Hyperextensions 4 x 20

Cardio 45 mins. HR 132-148

As I said above this workout was brutal. I'm not exactly sure if it's purely psychological but when I have to increase volume, it always make the workout more brutal. Halfway through Dumbbell shrugs I switched to hammer strength shrugs because I kept losing my grip.

Tonight I'll check in with the Arms demolition.

Later Guys.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

Sounds good. Are you doubled up to make up a missed workout? Try using straps for DB Shrugs. It allows less concentration on grip and more concentration on the exercise.