GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100) GunsAndPasta is not very well liked. (-100)

HELP!!! right side of the body applying more pressure on weights than the left side !

Guys im on rippetoe. Whenever im working out, specifically bench press, Standing Military press and power cleans, I feel that my whole right arm is applying more pressure and is getting worked more than the left side.

My right shoulder and right chest and right arm, right bicep looks a little bigger than the left side.

This is worrying me alot. I try to put pressure on the left side more, but its like the pressue is automatically more on the right side. It puts more power.

I mean the left arm is like, even when I put alot of power in it, it doesnt gets the burn feeling or the TIRED feeling as much as the right side does.

Please help me as to what to do. Sorry my English is not too good but I hope I got the point across.

Thank you.

RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RaferAlston26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GunsAndPasta View Post
    Guys im on rippetoe. Whenever im working out, specifically bench press, Standing Military press and power cleans, I feel that my whole right arm is applying more pressure and is getting worked more than the left side.

My right shoulder and right chest and right arm, right bicep looks a little bigger than the left side.

This is worrying me alot. I try to put pressure on the left side more, but its like the pressue is automatically more on the right side. It puts more power.

I mean the left arm is like, even when I put alot of power in it, it doesnt gets the burn feeling or the TIRED feeling as much as the right side does.

Please help me as to what to do. Sorry my English is not too good but I hope I got the point across.

Thank you.
    That generally happens when you're doing compound exercises and you have one weak side. What you're doing is putting too much weight and letting your right side control all the weight. Even if you push with your lift side, you're letting your right one hold the weight while you're pushing with the left. What I think you need to do is go lighter and work on your form. You need to teach yourself to push with your left just as much as your right. Don't let your right do all the work. And when you're doing heavy work your left can't, you'll always use your right side the most.

Also, most peoples right sides are usually stronger and more defined then their left so don't get too worried. If you want another way you can do unilateral work (dumbbells) to bring your left side up to speed. Train your right side like you would train your left side if you go unilateral. Don't curl 30lbs on your right then 25lbs on your left. That'll make the gap even bigger but you're on rippetoes so dumbbell work isn't an option.

So best thing I can say is go lighter and focus on technique. Teach yourself to make your left side just as dominant as your right.. to do a lot of the work. If you're going to heavy for the left it'll never learn.

TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheCore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RaferAlston26 View Post
    That generally happens when you're doing compound exercises and you have one weak side. What you're doing is putting too much weight and letting your right side control all the weight. Even if you push with your lift side, you're letting your right one hold the weight while you're pushing with the left. What I think you need to do is go lighter and work on your form. You need to teach yourself to push with your left just as much as your right. Don't let your right do all the work. And when you're doing heavy work your left can't, you'll always use your right side the most.

Also, most peoples right sides are usually stronger and more defined then their left so don't get too worried. If you want another way you can do unilateral work (dumbbells) to bring your left side up to speed. Train your right side like you would train your left side if you go unilateral. Don't curl 30lbs on your right then 25lbs on your left. That'll make the gap even bigger but you're on rippetoes so dumbbell work isn't an option.

So best thing I can say is go lighter and focus on technique. Teach yourself to make your left side just as dominant as your right.. to do a lot of the work. If you're going to heavy for the left it'll never learn.
    Yes, start training with dumbelss more (only dumbell training for your entire upperbody), and lower the weights you are using. Also start with the weaker side first and do the same work with the right side...

Focus more on form and good posture than on lifting heavy for now, you need to fix you muscle/strength imbalance first, or you can risk injuries in the long run.