Registered User MeeesterNiceGuy's Avatar
    MeeesterNiceGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeeesterNiceGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeeesterNiceGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeeesterNiceGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeeesterNiceGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeeesterNiceGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeeesterNiceGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeeesterNiceGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MeeesterNiceGuy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Elbow pain from pulling exercises

My left elbow has a nagging pain when I do exercises such as pull ups or deadlift. It's a nagging pain that doesn't go away even after taking couple of weeks off. It's not so severe that it stops me from lifting. Anyways the pain goes away if I do an alternate grip instead of normal grip for deadlift.

I'm just curious as to some best practices for dealing with elbow issues when lifting weights. Interested in things that worked well for you folks (ie. straps?)

staalmann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Since no one else have touched this I guess I'll give it a go, but I don't think you'll like my answer
    I'd strongly suggest you take this to a doctor to get it properly diagnosed, a post on the internet is at best going to get you guesses; especially seeing as your description of the issue is vague.

That being out of the way, if you can find a picture and mark where it hurts and under which circumstance you can get some more ideas on what's wrong, but still nothing certain.
    Straps are fine, but it's not an aid you should wear at all times. Especially in the beginning of ones lifting carreer they should be avoided to build grip strength. Not having that steady progression of strapless lifts til you reach the heavier weights can wreak havoc on your body.

Other things to look into would be nsaids (if it's an inflammation issue), stretches and foamrolling.