View Poll Results: Do you think that a fitness couple at the same gym;s relationship would last?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

73 64.04%
  • No

12 10.53%
  • Maybe

29 25.44%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jpaluseo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to Recover Quicker: Everything You Need to Know About 'Recovery and Regeneration'

QUICK RECOVERY

How to Recover Quicker: Everything You Need to Know About 'Recovery and Regeneration'

Are you developing slowly from your workouts, and not as quickly as your work out partners? Are you tired and sore at the beginning of each work out? You haven't recovered from your last workout, do you know why? Does this sound like you? If it does, take a few minutes and learn how important recovery is to your fitness success.

Rest and recovery are a critical component to athletic success. Follow these strategies and you will reduce injuries and dramatically improve your performance!
    Sleep

Sleep is a critical part of recovery. Most athletes need 7 ? 9 hours of sleep every night beginning and ending at about the same times. Too much sleep, too little sleep or long naps can inhibit the bodies ability to adapt to the stresses of training. Deep sleep will encourage the release of hormones for recovery of muscles, tendons and ligaments as well as the immune system. Lighter sleep stages will help to reinforce neural patterns stimulated during training sessions. Drugs, alcohol, environmental changes, delayed bed times and illness can all disrupt normal sleeping patterns and as a result your recovery.

General Post Training Strategies

Ten to fifteen minutes in a swimming pool or exercise consisting of large general movements of the body can relax, refresh and speed the process of recovery. A 3 - 4 minute hot tub alternated with a 30 - 60 second cold plunge repeated for three reps can greatly foster the recovery process. For relaxation, end with a warm environment which will encourage sleep. For recovery between training sessions, end with a cold bout. The cold tub should not exceed 10 degrees Celsius.

Specific Post Training Strategies

Metabolic fatigue is volume related. It can result from training session lasting more than an hour, multiple training sessions, as well as the overall cumulative effect of fatigue on the body. You can help your recovery by the use of re-hydration and refueling immediately after training and competition. Metabolic fatigue can be recognized by early the onset of fatigue, normal training seems more difficult, or you struggle to complete the session.

Neural fatigue of the peripheral nervous system is also volume related and is caused by high intensity sessions or long low to moderate sessions of training. You can recover from this fatigue by hydrotherapy, light active and static stretching as well as massage. Neural fatigue is expressed by low power output, heavy/slow feet and poor technique.

Neural fatigue of the central nervous system is caused by low blood glucose levels brought on by high pressure training sessions involving rapid decisions and reactions or just training monotony. This type of neural fatigue is expressed by lack of motivation/passion and can be recovered by steady intake of carbohydrate during and after training, rest and alternative activities such as music, movies and video games.

Psychological fatigue is caused by team conflict, competitive pressures or other outside stressors such as school and personal or social conflicts. This type of fatigue is expressed by loss of confidence and/or lowered self esteem; poor interaction and communication among team members; negative attitudes; increased anxiety and poor sleep patterns. This fatigue can be recovered by activities such as reading, movies, books, video games, etc.

Environmental and Travel fatigue is caused by disruption of normal routines such as sleep patterns, meal timing, increased sitting or standing requirements, cultural changes, climatic differences and time change. This fatigue is usually expressed with longer warm-up needs and slower starts to the workout, increased unforced errors in early competition and earlier onset of fatigue. Recovery strategies for this type of fatigue include proper preparation and planning for training and travel: adequate hydration and refueling patterns; limiting climate stressors such as extreme heat or cold; minimize visual fatigue with sunglasses and limited computer time and minimizing hearing fatigue by wearing ear plugs on long flights and limiting loud music on mp3 players.

Post Training Recovery Schedule

Immediately After

Restore fluid and glycogen levels by drinking .6 1 L of sports drink
    Eat quality protein and low glycemic carbohydrate snacks
    Stretch lightly with active and short duration static (10 seconds or less)
    Walk or jog lightly to assist lactate recovery
    Check weight to gauge sweat loss
    Listen to relaxing music

At Home

Continue to rehydrate and refuel
    Shower and end with alternate hot/cold showers (30 seconds each) for 3 ? 5 reps
    Have a balanced meal of quality protein, low ? moderate glycemic carbohydrate
    Utilize a relaxation or music to unwind
    Evening Bath to relax
    Long stretches and/or PNF (Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation) is a more advanced form of flexibility training that involves both the stretching and contraction of the muscle group being targeted.
    Self massage

Prepare for bed

Incorporate visualization and/or relaxation techniques
    Sleep 7-9 hours. If unable to sleep, get up, jot down the problem(s) that kept you awake, or make a list

Next morning

Monitor your body respiration and heart rate as well as how you feel
    Weigh in
    Record in your training journal
    As you can see recovery is critically important to your performance. If you don't recover, you can't adequately prepare your self for your next fitness session. Take the time to recover properly. You'll feel better, train better, and most important perform better.

I hope you found this answer helpful. To learn more and to ask any fitness question you may have, visit us at: www.sports-fitness-solutions.com. I promise we'll try to help and answer any every question you pose.

Thanks for stopping by; and stay fit. Remember staying fit will make you feel better, look better, and definitely improve your game.

Jeff

lilmayo15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

nice post

Do you incorporate a week of medium intensity training after 4 or 5 weeks of high intensity training?

Originally Posted by lilmayo15 View Post
    Do you incorporate a week of medium intensity training after 4 or 5 weeks of high intensity training?
    No I do not because I use an undulating periodization my phases last about 3 to 4 weeks so there for I am continually change my rep schems which allows me to continue to work (lift) without having to unload. The only time that I will unload is if I see my athletes begin to get wore down or if I see Centrel nervous system begin to show signs of fatique. It has worked very well for y athletes and myself. Thanks you for your question.

Jeff Paluseo
    Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
    Owner of sports fitness solutions performance senter
    sports-fitness-solutions.com

Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jattfusion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jpaluseo View Post
    Sleep is a critical part of recovery. Most athletes need 7 ? 9 hours of sleep every night beginning and ending at about the same times. Too much sleep, too little sleep or long naps can inhibit the bodies ability to adapt to the stresses of training. Deep sleep will encourage the release of hormones for recovery of muscles, tendons and ligaments as well as the immune system. Lighter sleep stages will help to reinforce neural patterns stimulated during training sessions. Drugs, alcohol, environmental changes, delayed bed times and illness can all disrupt normal sleeping patterns and as a result your recovery.
    can u explain little more in depth on the sleeping hrs.. with examples.. as in when to go do deep sleep and light sleep. Please relate to different workout sessions aswell.. for instance my hardest workout = legs.. where i feel the most tired.. does that mean i need to have a deep sleep? and how long shud this deep sleep last for 8 hrs or 9?
    Death Comes To Those Who Bow Down To Their Fears!!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PSN/ps 4 : Jattfusion584
    # of REDS turned to GREEN = 122 and counting
    Official Bhangra Music thread = http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=710828361
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/jattfusion

BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BIGDADDY84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice

well to answer your question I do not think that I will be able to give specific amount of time. But definetely on your harder work out days you will need more rest. There was some work done by US olympic center that talks about our REM patterns of sleep and that we should plan our sleep around getting up around every 90 mins. for Example, every 90 min we go through a total cycle, must people will say that you need 7 to 8 hours of sleep, but based on the research by the olympic center it would be 6, 7.5 or 9 hours. All you do is continually add 90 minutes until you wake. Thanks for the comments
    jeff

Originally Posted by Jattfusion View Post
    can u explain little more in depth on the sleeping hrs.. with examples.. as in when to go do deep sleep and light sleep. Please relate to different workout sessions aswell.. for instance my hardest workout = legs.. where i feel the most tired.. does that mean i need to have a deep sleep? and how long shud this deep sleep last for 8 hrs or 9?

Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigrob45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good Article. Only thing I would disagree with is the post workout nutrition. Consuming a high glycemic carbohydrate post workout would be more beneficial than a slow glycemic due to the quick insulin response it would create. It will replenish your glycogen stores quicker and may also allow the body to absorb and store more amino acids into fatigued muscles.
    B.S. Exercise Science, CSCS, NASM-CPT, CES

silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silverbullet86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jpaluseo View Post
    well to answer your question I do not think that I will be able to give specific amount of time. But definetely on your harder work out days you will need more rest. There was some work done by US olympic center that talks about our REM patterns of sleep and that we should plan our sleep around getting up around every 90 mins. for Example, every 90 min we go through a total cycle, must people will say that you need 7 to 8 hours of sleep, but based on the research by the olympic center it would be 6, 7.5 or 9 hours. All you do is continually add 90 minutes until you wake. Thanks for the comments
    jeff
    regardless if your an athlete or not, its good to have a normal sleeping pattern. Your brain needs it too. Not too long ago, we slept around 9PM and and got up around 6 AM because we relied on sun light. Biologically, we are no different from us just a few thousand years ago.

FistofHelios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lifting Lessons Learned.

[Edit: This is in a constant state of edit ]
    Hello all, I would like to tap into the collective knowledge base of everyone here for their input.
    As a lurker and relative newcomer, one thing I've noticed is that the site and forums has tons of useful information for beginning lifters, but not really a condensed 'guide'. Something that if someone was ask "hey, what's some good, basic lifting advice?" you could turn them to a specific link that covers a broad range. There's tons of things on exercise and nutrition, but I'm referring to something that you can just print out on 1 page and hand to a friend so they get a gist of lifting; that both informs them and dispels myths at the same time.
    Call it "Going To The Gym 101".
    Also, please spread around the word about this. The more to add, the better it can be.

If I may start it off, these are the things I learned from all over this site and you guys. So, PLEASE edit where necessary, since it's all things I've learned from here anyway.

Rules of Lifting:

3 Core Rules-
    Eat more.
    Sleep more.
    Lift more.

If you're working out, your body is burning more energy and therefor requires more food.
    If you're working out, your body is being worn down. Make sure you get 8 hours of sleep so your body can recuperate.
    If you're workout out, your body is adapting to the exercises. Always push yourself to make gains.

Lessons Learned:
    -The longer you wait to get started, the more excuses you create as to why you can't do it. Make up your mind, and FORCE yourself to get to the gym. Your mind will resist every moment up to the point you grab the weights, but at the end of that first workout you'll be proud of yourself. You did it. You're sore, you're tired and sweating, but you took the first step. Be happy.
    -You cannot bulk up AND get cut at the same time. They require different workouts and diets. Determine what you want to do first.
    -There is a science to lifting. If you want the best results, take the time to learn about your body and different exercises. Google is your friend.
    -If you want to gain weight/bulk, eat AT LEAST your weight in grams of protein per day.
    -Anybody can speed up thier metabolism. It requires changing from 3 big meals a day, to 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day. Consider it like constant grazing.
    -A solid, effective workout can be accomplished in roughly 1 hour. There's no excuse as to you not having the time.
    -Don't worry about what other people are doing in the gym. Focus on you, and what you can accomplish.
    -You *CANNOT* lose fat in a specific part of your body with just a specific exercise (doing situps will not get rid of a gut). Fat is burned from the WHOLE BODY, so work your WHOLE BODY.
    -Fat loss comes from exercise and proper eating. If you just exercise without changing what you eat, you'll just build the muscle *under* the fat and get that bulky look.
    -Changes don't happen overnight. The first mark you'll start seeing difference is (if you take before/after photos) roughly 3 months, and YOU will have a hard time noticing since you adapt to seeing your body change day-by-day. Do not get discouraged. Other people will notice before you do.
    -There's no excuse to not be able to eat healthy. Good, cheap healthy foods such as peanut butter, tuna, bananas, multi-vitamins, nuts, whole grain cereal, and so on can still fit within even a college students budget. Everything listed doesn't even require cooking or refridgeration.
    -If you buy supplements, realize they are called *supplements* for a reason. Not *meal replacements*. Use them according to thier directions to *augment* your food, not replace it.
    -(Women)- Lifting weight will bulk you up is a *MYTH*! Those huge chicks have lifted for YEARS with an extreme diet to get that way. Weight lifting will tone your WHOLE body.
    -Proper form is more important than heavy weight. If you're doing it wrong not only might you hurt yourself, but you're actually cheating your body out of a workout. Improper form will actually withhold you from getting results faster.
    -Don't just go into a gym and assume you know how to lift. Learn which exercises work which muscles, and how to do them properly.
    -KEEP A WORKOUT LOG! Buy a small spiral notebook. Make a workout plan. You will not remember what weights/sets/reps you've done from one week to the next. A log will help you stay on track with a workout goal, and also visually shows you what progress you've done.
    -It takes roughly 3 weeks to build a habit. Lifting is the type of habit that once you hit that 3 week mark, you'll actually feel bad if you miss a day. Stick with it and you'll never look back.
    -Never be afraid to ask for help. Noone in a gym will ever turn you down because everyone remembers when they first started and respect the initiative.
    -Give your body time to rest. Take at least 1 day off a week, and 2 weeks off every three months.
    -Treat an injury properly and let it heal. Trying to train through it will either make it worse or force it to take longer to recover. What's more, any training will be hampered by the effects of the injury, resulting in little to no progression in lifts, but possible further damage to your body.
    -Know when to take a break. If your body feels like it needs one, then it probably does.
    -Evaluate your recent training and review it; are you continuing to progress as well as you have been? If you've stagnated/plateu'd and it's been some time since your last break, you may be run-down and could use a number of days to fully recover, letting you come back fresh and ready to work.
    -Don't start out with a Professional/Highly Advanced workout. They're designed for lifters who have the backing of the best trainers, supplements and nutritionists in the world (and possible steroid usage,) therefore their bodies can cope with them.
    Last edited by FistofHelios; 04-28-2010 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Improvement!
    Look your best. Do your best. Be your best.

BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500) BigFate is not very helpful. (-500)
    Good read.. sticky this

Rub some funk on it watermelon_2001's Avatar
    watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nothing really new, but certainly things that people often forget. I'm sure a lot of beginner's would benefit from reading this.

Also would like to add to it...

Injuries: treat an injury properly, and respect that it's an injury. Trying to train through it will either make it worse or force it to take longer to recover. What's more, any training will be hampered by the effects of the injury, resulting in little to no progression in lifts, but possible further damage to your body.

Breaks: Know when to take a break. If your body feels like it needs one, then it probably does. Evaluate your recent training and review it; are you continuing to progress as well as you have been? If you've stagnated and it's been some time since your last break, you may be run-down and could use a number of days to fully recover, letting you come back fresh and ready to work.

The Pro's: Leave their workouts to them. They're designed for lifters who have the backing of the best trainers, supplements and nutritionists in the world (and possible steroid usage,) therefore their bodies can cope with them. Trying to follow the same routine as Dexter or Jay is going to get you nowhere.
    Last edited by watermelon_2001; 04-28-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Anorexia dragged me to rock-bottom; watch me build myself back up...

My Journal; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118286631

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

FistofHelios has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by watermelon_2001 View Post
    Nothing really new, but certainly things that people often forget. I'm sure a lot of beginner's would benefit from reading this.
    Hence the reason why it's needed. It can be hard to remember all these little 'tricks' to pass on to a new guy, and I feel that it'd be a great way to get them started on the right foot.

Also, since I'm trying to get a sum of knowledge from as many sources on this one, could anyone help out and post a link to this on other forums/categories? Just asking people to check it out and why. I would do it myself, but lack the required 30 posts to submit links. :P
    Like I said, I'm a n00b.
    Last edited by FistofHelios; 04-28-2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Look your best. Do your best. Be your best.

BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great Read! Thanks
    Second by second, you lose the opportunity of becoming the person you want to be.

Greg_Wasson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nutrition - Cutting, Bulking and Maintenance

A good diet whether you goal is to cut weight, gain weight or even maintain your current body has to be complex, meaning it contains both macronutrients - protein, carbohydrates and fats and micronutrients - vitamins and minerals. Not only is it important for complexity in a diet but nutrient timing is another very important factor for bodybuilders, powerlifters and other athletes, if your not getting the right nutrients when your body is in need of them you will not reach your full potential. For anyone who is serious about dieting it is a good idea to get reasonable knowledge of foods, like knowing what nutrients are in the food you are eating (for example: an egg is about 12% protein, 10% fat and a good source of Riboflavin, Vitamin A, D and a few other micronutrients).

Proteins are made of amino acids and the body uses them for growth and maintenance. When we exercise the use of protein is very important for building muscle but we can't rely on protein alone because it is an inferior source of energy for the body. Our protein sources should come from beef, chicken, eggs, tuna, fish, kangaroo (I'm Australian) and I am a big believer in light milk.

Carbohydrates are important in any diet even a cutting cycle because they are our number one source of energy. There is a huge misunderstanding when it comes to sugars and complex carbohydrates with most people believing sugar is the enemy but you would be surprised, the thing you have to look out for is the GI (Glycemic Index) level of the foods we eat. Many monosaccharides (sugars) we eat are in fact low GI which is a good thing. This is why white bread and white potatoes are being left out of diets now, they are both disaccharides (complex) but higher on the GI scale. Our main sources of carbohydrates will be low GI like basmati or brown rice, pasta, oats, sweet potato and multigrain breads.

Majority of our fats will come from our protein sources and cooking oils. Once again this is a nutrient that has been avoided over the years because of a bad wrap, people generally like to avoid it because of the name so we will call it lipids from now on. Lipids are important for our fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E and K because without lipids in our diet these vitamins wouldn't be digested and absorbed by the body. It is also important for healthy skin, hair and many other bodily functions.

Vitamins and minerals are extremely important for general health and even more important for someone training, they are in every food we eat (some more than others) but our main sources will be fruit and vegetables.

Water is the single most important part of any diet. Drink it with meals, before meals and after meals. No excuses!

Now time for a sample diet with correct nutrient timing. This is where the bulkers, cutters and maintainers have to think for themselves with meal portions and total energy intake as I am not going to specify on size of meals.

Wake up - We have been fasting for about 8 hours while we sleep and our body is craving nutrients and needs the metabolism to kick start for the day. We want some nutrients to drive straight in to the body so we don't want anything that will slow digestion here like too much fat or fibre.

Optimum 100% Whey Gold w/ water (protein)
    Orange (carbohydrates)

1 hour later - By now our wake up snack is digested and flowing through our bloodstream, so it's time for a proper complex breakfast now. Something that will give us a heap of energy for the day ahead and feed our muscles effectively.

Egg - soft boiled is best (protein and lipids)
    Oatmeal w/ milk (carbohydrates and protein)
    Green Tea (antioxidants and natural caffeine)

2-3 hours later - Our huge breakfast is just about burnt out and we are starting to get hungry for another complex meal.

Beef - grilled for leaning and maintenance, fried in olive oil for bulking (protein and lipids)
    Pasta - not overcooked to keep GI low (carbohydrates)
    Vegetables
    Light milk (protein)

2-3 hours later - If we are doing an afternoon training session this is our pre workout meal. Nutrient timing comes in to play here because we want to top up our glycogen stores and get amino acids flowing in the blood so we can train to our maximum potential. Fat and fibre are cut down so our meal is completely digested by our workout.

Lean chicken - grilled (proteins)
    Basmati rice - not overcooked to keep GI low (carbohydrates)
    Light milk (proteins)

1.5 hours later - Whey protein is the best source of protein and we have 30 mins until we train so lets get a little extra protein flowing along with some carbohydrates.

Optimum 100% Whey Gold w/ water (proteins)
    Low GI sugar (carbohydrates)

30 minutes later - Pre workout boosters have become a staple supplement for many lifters, athletes and especially in the diets I use and recommend. They help get the body hydrated before a workout, stimulate the nervous system and the mind and will push you beyond limits of a normal session.

All American EFX K-otic w/ water

Post training - Now is the most critical time for nutrients and we need to rush them straight in to our bodies. Glycogen stores are emptied and in order to recover we need to refill them and fill our muscles with amino acids and creatine. This is the time high GI carbohydrates are important. Also hydration is important now so water will be drunk quite often for the next 2 hours.

Dextrose
    BSN Aminox
    MHP Glutamine-SR
    Con-Cret creatine
    Optimum Amino Tabs
    Animal Pak

30 minutes later - Time for the basic post workout shake of protein and carbohydrates.

BSN Syntha-6
    Dextrose

1 hour later - Back to another complex meal and to keep the recovery process happening.

Kangaroo (protein)
    Sweet potato (carbohydrates)
    Vegetables
    Eggs (protein and lipids)

2-3 hours later - Bed time soon so we want something that will get us through the night or at least most of it. Lipids and fiber can play a good role here in slowing digestion so we have a constant flow of nutrients all night.

Almonds (lipids, protein and carbohydrates)
    Fish or flax oil (lipids)
    Light greek yoghurt (protein)
    Strawberries (carbohydrates)

That's a pretty easy to understand and follow diet and just remember water, water, water!
    Bodies Beyond
    Never Accept Failure.

http://www.********.com/BodiesBeyond

TEDDYADA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ask a guy making his first post anything

Let the sh*t storm begin ****s

jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jimbob1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Random but please reply.....

im 5'7" 135lbs
    i currently lift five days a week.
    i've been doing so to try to gain weight
    goals being to weigh around 150 160 (long term goal)

recently ive been wondering
    if i should switch to try to just fill out my size with muscle
    and get ripped and a freak with intesity (weird way to word it)
    but in other words instead of trying to stand out by being a solid size
    stand out by being a little muscular ripped guy with great endurance
    and hard for people to keep up with work outs like something you would see a boxer doing i suppose
    like i had in mind maybe running with a weighted vest doing stairs with one sprints push ups sit ups

Mabdelmoneim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Whats the best solution?

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to this site and a novice to working out ( however, I am an athlete). My interest in working out rose when I saw an old friend
    increase dramatically in size in a very short period of time (15 lbs in 2 months!). When I asked for his secret, disappointingly, he said injectable
    steroids. After talking a little about roids, I cam to agree that there not the most harmful drug on the planet, and in fact, can be used for good,
    healthy, short period of gains. However, looking online for more info and whats the best to take without using injections, I ran across a lot of contradicting information. Seeing as this website got a lot of great reviews I decided to post my questions and get your professional answers.

Current shape: 6'1 165lbs 32" waist, 30" chest. 19 years old, male, Afrian american (dont know if that matters)

The goal: Id live to gain 20 lbs of muscle mass, tone out, and bulk up WHILE maintaining muscle mass after work out (majority of it anyway).

I've decided that I will try oral steroids. Just don't know what to take. anavar sounds promising but apparently not great for mass gain.
    Also, whats a good pre work out, post work out, shakes, supplments i can use ?

Thanks a lot for your help guys, and I hope I get some good replys.

Thanks again in advance.

-Moseph

iv305 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Imbalance/Symmetry

Anyone got tips/workouts to help improve symmetry and muscle imbalance? Just last summer I started doing more dumbbell exercises rather than barbell especially for bench and shoulders. But other than that i'd like to know how to build a more symmetrical body and improving my weaker side of the body.

Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Samy911 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation How do you know if you are overtraining?

OK B4 READING THIS ,,, I HAVE TO SAY THATTHIS ARTICLE WAS TAKEN FROM :
    http://www.bodybuildingsecretslive.c...-overtraining/
    AND ITS VERY USEFUL FOR DUDEZ WHO WANNA KNOW IF THEY'RE OVERTRAINING AS THIS FOLLOWING ARTICLE SHOWS THEM SOME SYMPTOMS OF IT , SOME ADVICES U NEED FOR RECOVERY ND MORE ....

HERE WE GO ....

Have you ever said anything like this after what you’d think was a great workout?

“Now I feel crappy again like I did after my hard week – tired, no high. Is that a signal that I’m overtraining AGAIN?”

“Could you tell me what you think as I’m feeling totally burned out. I find it imposable not to workout. I rested over wkend but was back working out this morning. Now I feel horrible.”

What is the Overtraining Syndrome?

Training beyond the body’s ability to repair itself. This can be caused by training the same body parts too frequently so that the body does not have time to recover before the next workout; workouts that are consistently harder than the body is able to recover from fully; or impairment of the body’s normal recovery ability due to nutritional deficiencies, illness, or stress. Besides impairing athletic performance, overtraining can increase the risk of injury or disease.

Some Signs of Overtraining:

Fatigue
    Blood sugar imbalances
    Menstrual or other hormone imbalances
    Anxiety
    Slight dizziness
    Elevated heart rates (especially upon waking)
    Depression
    Insomnia
    I’d even venture to guess nausea and longer then normal recovery time should be on that list, two of symptoms of overtraining you also described.

Just the other day, I saw a post on a popular bodybuilding message board by another person who wanted to know if working out the same muscle group twice in one day was recommended since they had the time.

Now, before I go on…

I want you to understand that you grow and change outside of the gym. Many people believe that when they are at the gym they are making progress but in fact that’s entirely not true.

Training at the gym is a way of stimulating change, you grow and get better when you are outside of the gym! What you do after you shower off and leave the gym will determine your progress in the long run. Doing longer workouts, more reps and sets and devastating your body without letting it recover will actually set you back.

Remember, recovery is an all important step that is often overlooked. And that leads into…

1 – Training frequency.

My recommendation is train 2 days on, 1 day off. Training more then 2 days in a row is very difficult if not impossible for the natural person to recover from. When you simply break up your routine, you are allowing for more recovery time and thus allowing for your body to get stronger and better.

2 – Taking a training break.

A concept I’ve talked about in previous articles but the theory is, completely stop training every 8-10 weeks for 1 week and just allow your body to recover and your joints to heal. Many people can’t do this. They just want to keep on going and going like the Energizer bunny but in fact, taking a break is a good thing and will allow you to come back stronger and better then before. Try it. You’ll be surprised.

3 – High Intensity Interval Training (cardio)

Rather then do 45 minutes of low to moderate cardio, how about using your heart rate zones and training in intervals to get more done in less time with cardio? You’ll burn more fat and more calories but you won’t have to do the routine as long. You’ll use intervals to make the workout harder and more fun but in a lot less time. (although longer durationcardio does work for bodybuilders and is still valid)

Many times people will do cardio with weights but they do it before or after and for too long. Here’s a few tips.

a) HIIT style cardio

b) Train in heart rate zones and perceived exertion (how you feel at the time you are asked)

c) Do your cardio AFTER your weight training session. Use your quick fuel for the weights and your longer term fuel (fat) for cardio

The secret to getting more from your workouts is training more efficiently and training less.

There’s many ways to do more in less time including but not limited to:
    - drop sets
    - super sets
    - repetition speeds
    - tempo variations
    - rest periods
    - ascending/descending sets

If you do a quick search on the Internet for “Nine Simple Ways to Increase the Intensity of Any Workout” you will find many ways to get more done in less time and avoid the common overtraining symptoms. Stated a little differently… less is more.

This makes the need for periodization even more important. Training hard all the time, every workout gives your body no active rest and no time to recover. It’s a very short road to over-reaching and over-training.
    \ \ In GoD I Trust \ \

THERE IS NO OFF-SEASON . IT'S NOT A COMPETITION ,, IT'S A LIFESTYLE ;)

******** : Removed BY ADMIN :)
    MSN : Removed By ADMIN :)

ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ViKtoricus is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Dealing with newbies 101. (Dedicated for powerlifters and weightlifters)

Dealing with newbies 101.

By ViKtoricus Fergoozo

Do you know why powerlifting and weightlifting are far more unpopular than bodybuilding? It's the image and advertisements. Bodybuilding magazines are multi-million-dollar industries with stables upon stables of skilled writers to show people the greatness of the sport. What does powerlifting have? Powerlifting USA and.... umm.. What else? What does weightlifting have? ..... Nothing. Heck, it's not even a high school sport!

The first step with helping (or dealing) with newbies and setting them on the right track is to first educate them about powerlifting. NEVER, and I do mean NEVER EVER throw stuff at them without backing things up! Don't be like "DUDE!! WTF MAN! YOU ****ING *******!!!! JUST DO THE TEXAS METHOD FOR ****'S SAKE!" You must expect and accept the fact that they are ignorant but very curious about everything. They will wonder why the majority of the exercises given to them don't involve tricep kickbacks and preacher curls, so EXPLAIN things to them. You should be willing and ready to explain a few things like "Overall development must be your focus. Your biceps will grow with the rest of your body if you are on a good training program. In fact, multi-jointed movements such as squats and bench presses will actually make your biceps grow in an indirect manner (at this point, don't expand until he asks you how or why it works)" While teaching them things, never be broscientific. Don't use big words for the sake of sounding smart. If you do that, people will think you're an arrogant jackass. The goal is to teach the newbie, not feed your ego.

So what exactly classifies a "teachable" newbie? I know there are lots of annoying D-bags roaming all over the place who does not deserve your time, but what about the others who are simply ignorant?

Here's how to know if you are teaching someone who is simply ignorant or someone who is D-bag: If you are in a public gym and someone deliberately went out of their way to ASK you a question about training, then he is probably not a douchebag. If you are in a public gym and you see a guy doing something wrong and you get tempted to correct them, then that guy is a D-bag.

Here's why...

It's all about YOU and how YOU deal with people. If someone asks you something, it's probable that he is somewhat impressed or curious about what you are doing. If YOU correct someone and they don't respond positively, it's your fault. The only exception of course, is if you are the one who is running the gym and you can't have these people doing things wrong. Don't bother people who are not interested in what you preach.

So what about the ones who goes out of their way to preach you something?

Here's what you do...

If you are in the middle of your workout and you absolutely cannot be bothered, just say "just a sec, I gotta finish this."

If you are currently resting and he went ahead and started preaching, LISTEN to him. Just nod and pretend you don't know what he is talking about. If you actually agree with what he is saying, then congratulations. You now have a new gym buddy. If you disagree to what he is saying, just let him talk and resume whatever you're about to do when he shuts up.

Now if he bothers you while you are working out because he sees something he wants to "correct," tell him to go **** himself. If he pushes further, make him look like a tool. If he never stops harrassing you, either beat his ass or report to the supervisor of the gym. If he is the supervisor of the gym, deal with it or leave.

DO NOT preach about how awesome powerlifting or weightlifting is. If you want to do something like that, become a writer and write articles on popular websites or magazines.

The End.

Location: West Yorkshire, Halifax, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    ATPHayden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1 failure set? Or 3 by 8?

I'm wondering
    Last edited by ctgblue; 09-14-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Javvyvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Creative drop sets

Need new ways to gain some gains? Try these (all weights used are just examples and numbers in lbs)

1. Drop sets with barbells a.k.a Strip sets.
    All you have to do is put small plates on each side of the bar and strip them off when you reach failure. For example, If you set up a BB with four 10lb plates on each side thats 125lb to start with, then you pull off a 10lb from each side (about 15%) to reduce it to 105lb. After eight more reps you pull off another 10 off each side and continue with 85lbs.

2. Drop sets with selectorised machines, a.k.a up the stack.
    Stripping plates off BBs and plate-loaded machines can be messy, cumbersome and time consuming. Drop sets are easier to perform with machines, For example you don't have to leave your seat to change the weight. That lets you make a quick weight change, which intensifies the set.

3. Drop sets with DBs a.k.a Down Or Running the rack.
    Going down the rack is a fantastic technique for DB exercises, especially curls, lat. raises and shoulder presses. For example - DB Lat Raises. You could start with 40lb, do 8 reps. then put down the 40s grab the 30s for some reps, then put down the 30s and grab the 20s and rep out some more. Try this technique on your next deltoid or biceps day, and your arms and shoulders will pump up like balloons.

4. Tight drop sets
    A tight drop set is one in which the weight drops are small. Tight drops are more difficult, and 'tightening' up your dropsets can even be used as a method of overload. The avg weight reduction for a tight drop set is approx. 5%-10%. For example - You might start with 50s, then 45s, then the 40s. Tight drop sets are more often performed on small muscle groups and isolation exercises.

5. Wide drop sets
    A wide drop set refers to a larger weight decrease between reps. Wide drop sets are easier then tight DS's, and they enable you to do higher reps. Because of cardiovascular fatigue, wide drops are often used on large muscle group exercises like squats, bent-over rows and leg presses. For example on squats, you might begin with 315 on the bar, then strip an entire 45 off each side and go to 225, a nearly 30% drop in poundage. Then you might strip off another 45 off each side. a 40% drop. 135lbs never felt so heavy!

6. 50 percent drop sets, a.k.a The halving or 6-20 method.
    The halving method is a wide drop set on which you use two totally opposite rep ranges, each of which attacks a different aspect of the muscle cell. That stimulates muscle growth plus an incredible pump. After warming up, begin by choosing the heaviest weight you can handle for 6 reps with STRICT form. Perform 6 reps and then, without resting, reduce the weight by exactly 50% and continue for 20 reps with the lighter weight. For example, lets use one-arm DB rows as an example. If your 6 rep max is 110, start with 6 reps with the 110, then immediately grab a 55 and bang out 20 good reps. You'll be winded and you'll feel something in you've never felt before!

7. I call it the perfect 6.
    Some of you may know Larry Scott. The first Mr Olympia. Mr Scott used them to develop monstrous deltoids and arms on a less then genetically optimal frame. Mr scott believed that heavy weight low reps - say six, were the best way for developing size and strength concurrently. That enables you to use heavier weights, which can help maintain your strength levels and thicken up the muscle fibres without much of a pumping effect. Begin with a 6-rep max; then decrease the weight by 10-15% on each drop, Repeat with the lighter weight for six more reps and continue for the desired number of drops.

8. Ascending-rep drop sets - 6-12-20
    On these you decrease the weight substantially enough that you can increase the number of reps. For example, If you're doing pushdowns and 100 is your 6-rep max, you would start with 100, then pull the pin and go to 75. That's a 25% reduction, which is wide enough that you can hit 10-12 reps on the next round. Then you finish by pulling the pin and going to 50, a 33% reduction, which is very light, enabling you to rep out and perform 15-20 reps on the final drop.

9. Descending-rep drop sets - 12-8-4-2
    On these you perform a very tight drop set, so your reps actually decrease with each weight reduction. For Example, If you're doing bench press with 225 for 12reps. you strip off a small amount of weight - say, 5-10% and continue for 6 - 8 reps. Then you pull off a little more weight and shoot for 4 - 6 reps, and you finish by dropping another small amount of weight and doing 2 final reps.

10. Drop sets with grip or stance change.
    This is one of my fav methods because it can hit a multifaceted muscle from every conceivable angle. For example, you can use a leg press to place emphasis on the medialis (lower quad), lateralis (outer quad), adductors (inner thigh), or hamstrings and glute - depending on where you place your feet on the platform.

For a leg workout you'll never forget, load up the sled with 45 plates, and perform 6-12 reps with your feet in the middle of the platform, shoulder width apart. Then strip a 45 off each side and do 6-12 more reps with your feet high on the platform, shoulder width apart. Strip another 45 off each side, and do 6-12 more reps with your feet together and low on the platform. Strip off another 45 from each side with your feet very wide apart and toes pointed out at 45 degree angles for the last 6-12. Four weight drops four poundages, four foot positions and workout that will make your thighs grow from top to bottom, inside and out!.

Although there are dozens of high-intensity techniques you can and should use in your routines, if you only used drop sets, they'd be enough to cause some serious muscle growth in a very short period of time. Don't just use the old Arnold standby of stripping plates off on BB curls, try some of the variations outlined above. and I guarantee the results will amaze and delight you!

Javvyvy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ** above i found written by Tom vinuello i think his name is.
    Best gain: 22.3kg in 6 months.

RichardThrower has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why my forearms?

This may be a really stupid question, but I have been realizing that no matter how good my form is, whenever I do a bicep curl or bicep workout of any kind, I feel more of a burn and strain on my forearms. Any idea of why that is? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

nikei has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nikei has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nikei has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nikei has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nikei has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nikei has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nikei has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Capitol Review » *** Boots – New variations and adaptations on this u

Household name that they made the *** affidavit boots, but his name is able-bodied accepted throughout the world *** is or what sex you no matter what the climate is not fashionable and stylish boots are tough This is the height you want, when you need it more likely to find an *** uggclassicshortboot com]*** classic short boot boot does not matter what The afterward are the most accepted of *** one to boot, let's look at some useful facts, archetypal mini for women in a classiccardyuggs com]*** classic cardy variety of colors and styles are available in low cut boot is a timeless classic EVA outsole for declining and twinface abundance of affidavit boot, abate boots, and will ultimately support It looks more exotic, as able-bodied as for both tan and atramentous bathrobe with floral designs are available Black, Chestnut and Chocolate colors that can be found in the Classic Mini is a admired for many years, athletic yet stylish boots You are relaxed and sophisticated key to boot can be worn during the day if you want to look Classic Cardy large women are wonderful All of the archetypal *** boots in the collection, just as there'll be a walk in this style, backward of the legs of the foam-cushioned insole has a bendable sheepskin Suede high bound and a nylon heel guard, bisected sheep and bisected is acrylic Boot, 16 inches high, but not to feel the pressure of the weight is light and flexible Black, charcoal or cream that can be received in one of the Kid's Classic Cardy big big classic luxurious way through aerial *** boots for all those that are accepted to accept property to boot, is a uggbaileybuttonboot net]bailey button uggs decision to go where the children abrasion is requested It's best *** affidavit and production, woven logo on the heel has a suede heel guard It is ten inches aerial and molded EVA when he walks a block from school, or it can give your adolescent the meaning of abundance is very declining and flexible *** boot, the Classic Collection is part of the same superior abstracts and it is this casting as the adult style, glassy design is made It is black, the color of chestnuts and chocolate, it's come to roam anywhere they might want to keep their feet dry and warm the adolescent is requested *** boots for the first time to market 30 years ago has become more accepted since For outdoor or amusing events you whether you want to boot, your feet will feel adequate *** boots can be found classictalluggboots us]classic tall *** boots Women, men and children alike are used for most of *** shoes can take advantage of advanced parchment It *** articles online or when arcade at local retail stores, select a few of the shoes are displayed Related Posts Now delete the background layer Two simultaneous shows at once? Garden and patio is a bit of it Many Internet-based finance company that provides ***'s Mystic Comments uggbootclearance info]uggs clearance (0) Trackbacks (0) Post a abuse No comments yet this period, two *** bootsl Navy, Audi, Grey has been accepted to be supplied to the in *** acceptable brief is a gray or terracotta *** boots The most preferred the acceptable *** Cardy likely to clean up a account of the , uggssaleuk info]*** uk mulberry, is available in moss or picante This time, the acceptable choice *** large development can be uggoutletonlines info]*** boots outlet accomplished by using buttons adorn the new design manufacturers Nevertheless, the boots add an breezy kind of money, also straight down in handcuffs can be filled They are uggshoes us]*** shoes easily out of 5 in a aloof color Also available undoubtedly beat high striped knit Cable TV is a acceptable cardy These boots use a cable TV that merino absolute knit sweaters blueprint developed using a mix can They sold many of the current macho and changeable factors in Uggs boots are preferred and will abide YR began to arguable that a scattering of years may be typical? My interests better uggbaileybuttonboot org]bailey button triplet knitted *** boots bought a lot of friends They like the dark one special Most of the I want to introduce it for you right here This is atramentous *** boots are a pair of lower prices Cheap wedding affair dress suede heel guard and a twin-face affidavit grade is For added convenience applied polyurethane foam absolute sockliner Mild and adjustable molded EVA of the outsole *** Bailey key so you can rest assured uggbootsforgirls net]uggs cheap *** Australia than in the shoes of, *** Bailey key cocoboots com]*** boots typically produces a true twin-face can be produced Both Bailey key or the be placed in Chestnut - P - 248 html "> cheap *** boots are full-to-design accessories for women who accept to this time: however, they are good supply

CMcG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fat loss in lower back

i've lost fat in every other area but this and it really brings down everything with it... i know you can't spot reduce but surely there is a way of getting rid of it... any exercises or dieting tips would be really appreciated

Pharmaceutical Grade JCarruth130's Avatar
    JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Big Tanks to Kris Gethin and his 12-week transformation....Read On....

About 6 weeks ago I stumbled upon Kris Gethin's 12 week transformation. I was searching articles for good routines to follow and decided to give it a try. Good choice! I have been following the program, maybe not 100% but pretty darn close for the last 6 weeks and have noticed big changes.....though I have lost strength, I know through the detailed daily videos that Kris did too and this gives the end user motivation and reassurance that this is perfectly normal as Kris explains ur body begins to use fat for energy and not excess carbs. I have lost approximately 6 pounds in 6 weeks and have been sore after EVERY workout. The change in exercises and change in sets really does put your body through the ringer.
    At the end of the 12 weeks, even if I don't look exactly as I was planning, I know that 12 weeks is not a long time and another round may be in store but what is more valuable to me from this and what I hope to take away from this is the change in lifestyle. The core ideas Kris shares and implements have changed my way of eating and drinking....I haven't touched alcohol for the entire 6 weeks, my coffee went from light and sweet to black with several non sugar sweeteners. I have really started watching sugar levels more than calories and am in the process of cutting salt out almost completely. I have some pics on my body space but hope to have better ones soon. I am finally starting to get back some visible signs of abs and can't wait to see what the remaining 6 weeks have in store for me.
    "Knowledge is Muscle."

diclo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Phil Heat new website

hey guys can anyone tell me the name of the song on that video from the Phil Heath website?

I just know the lyrics and i google them and dont found the music name.
    Lyrics:
    Words can't explian and the people can't igone, im take it to the top, im going forward....

Pharmaceutical Grade JCarruth130's Avatar
    JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JCarruth130 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Big thanks to Kris Gethin and his 12 week transformation....

About 6 weeks ago I stumbled upon Kris Gethin's 12 week transformation. I was searching articles for good routines to follow and decided to give it a try. Good choice! I have been following the program, maybe not 100% but pretty darn close for the last 6 weeks and have noticed big changes.....though I have lost strength, I know through the detailed daily videos that Kris did too and this gives the end user motivation and reassurance that this is perfectly normal as Kris explains ur body begins to use fat for energy and not excess carbs. I have lost approximately 6 pounds in 6 weeks and have been sore after EVERY workout. The change in exercises and change in sets really does put your body through the ringer.
    At the end of the 12 weeks, even if I don't look exactly as I was planning, I know that 12 weeks is not a long time and another round may be in store but what is more valuable to me from this and what I hope to take away from this is the change in lifestyle. The core ideas Kris shares and implements have changed my way of eating and drinking....I haven't touched alcohol for the entire 6 weeks, my coffee went from light and sweet to black with several non sugar sweeteners. I have really started watching sugar levels more than calories and am in the process of cutting salt out almost completely. I have some pics on my body space but hope to have better ones soon. I am finally starting to get back some visible signs of abs and can't wait to see what the remaining 6 weeks have in store for me.
    "Knowledge is Muscle."

pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down Tired?

Truely, thinking about deleting this account.

Sick and tired of reading peoples posts that have no clue about anything related to working out and will end up hurting people if their tips and ideas are followed.