NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Minor Epistane Side Effects - Advice?

I've encountered a few side effects from Epistane so far including increased acne (minor), mood swings dry lips, and scabs/dry nose...

Does anyone have any suggestions for the scabs/drying out of the nose? It's really starting to bother me...

Nick
    I'm not a bodybuilder.

newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50) newz- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    drink more water, lipbalm, moisture basically.. from what ive heard of epi is it drys you out quite a bit

LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10) LDragon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by NickRac View Post
    I've encountered a few side effects from Epistane so far including increased acne (minor), mood swings dry lips, and scabs/dry nose...

Does anyone have any suggestions for the scabs/drying out of the nose? It's really starting to bother me...

Nick

Yes it does dry you out. I have been using lotion and lip balm like crazy

back to the basics RenegadeRows's Avatar
    RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RenegadeRows has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just use the girly stuff on your face. Exfoliators and creams and whatnot. That's all you can really do, aside from stopping your steroid use, hehe!
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING The WAR Against Genetics
    RenegadeRows [@] controlledlabs.com

Hero. Psycho. Insomniac. Skigazzi's Avatar
    Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000) Skigazzi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Total shot in the dark here, but any one got an opinion on using Sesamin on-cycle with the Epi products (Havoc, Methyl-E, Epistane)? It has some estrogenic effects, been noted to improve hair/skin...anyone think it might relieve some of the drying / anti-e effects of this on?
    The Dark Knight...Rises.

Anabolic Innovations Rep zbtboy's Avatar
    zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbtboy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Skigazzi View Post
    Total shot in the dark here, but any one got an opinion on using Sesamin on-cycle with the Epi products (Havoc, Methyl-E, Epistane)? It has some estrogenic effects, been noted to improve hair/skin...anyone think it might relieve some of the drying / anti-e effects of this on?
    hmmm...thats actually a really interesting thought. I'm interested to see what others think as well.
    "Use no way as a way, No limitation as a limitation" - Bruce Lee

Board Rep for Anabolic Innovations

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm

www.anabolicinnovations.com

and dont forget about our sister site...
    www.healthycheatfoods.com

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

and here is my shot in the dark: If epistane / Havoc actually have that strong ER-beta antagonism and if the skin problems are anyhow related to ER-beta then I guess no phytoestrogen, including sesamin, will help with those symptoms, except you take them in VERY EXTREME quantities so they could comepetitively push away Epi from the receptors. (1 kg soy protein per day, maybe, and 1 bottle of sesthin, hehe) but if this happens then you have some chance to get some man boobs as well, I guess...
    I mean, if EPI is able to displace E2 from ERbeta, then some phytosetrogens (who have lower affinty than E2) will not do anything, IMO.

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    your connection of skin dryness and estrogen action is brilliant, Skigazzi!

J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005 Oct;53(4):555-68; quiz 569-72.
    Estrogen and skin: the effects of estrogen, menopause, and hormone replacement therapy on the skin.
    Hall G, Phillips TJ.
    Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA.

Aging is associated with declining levels of several hormones, including estrogen. Although the effects of estrogen on the skin are still not fully understood, it is known that, in women, declining estrogen levels are associated with a variety of cutaneous changes, many of which can be reversed or improved by estrogen supplementation. Estrogens are C-18 steroids synthesized from cholesterol in the ovary premenopausally and in the peripheral tissue in postmenopausal women. Two estrogen receptors, alpha and beta, have been cloned and found in various tissue types. Studies of postmenopausal women indicate that estrogen deprivation is associated with dryness, atrophy, fine wrinkling, poor healing, and hot flashes. Epidermal thinning, declining dermal collagen content, diminished skin moisture, decreased laxity, and impaired wound healing have been reported in postmenopausal women. This article reviews the effects of declining estrogen levels on the skin and the effects of estrogen supplementation. LEARNING OBJECTIVE: At the conclusion of this learning activity, participants should be familiar with the pathways of estrogen synthesis, sites of estrogen receptors, age-dependent variations in serum estrogen concentration, the changes seen in postmenopausal skin, and the effects of estrogen supplementation.

PMID: 16198774 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    However, as already said, estrogen "replacement" (or partial replacement by adding estrogen-like substances like phytoestrogens) may be effective only when the Estrogen receptors are not already blocked (by Epistane, in this specific case) or if you take the phytoestrogens in EXCESS so they can compete with Epistane.

NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NickRac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've been using the regular "girly" things like lotion, moisturizer and lip balm - but what the hell can I put up in my nose?
    I'm not a bodybuilder.

Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    aside from stopping your steroid use, hehe!
    stop being silly
    I'm not a bodybuilder.

‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏ factotum's Avatar
    factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz factotum has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Just use the girly stuff on your face. Exfoliators and creams and whatnot. That's all you can really do, aside from stopping your steroid use, hehe!
    You could try lowering the dose first. And if that doesn't work you could stop completely.

But I guess recommendation to run a wet ph alongside are a bit futile. Sure a bit will convert to E2 but will only be displaced by the epi.
    Yes, there is indeed a deeper component to it all.

Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nathan1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NickRac View Post
    I've been using the regular "girly" things like lotion, moisturizer and lip balm - but what the hell can I put up in my nose?
    vaseline
    "Ignorance is the most expensive commodity we pay for in this country."

nickjkirby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Breathing difficulties after EPI

I have noticed a bit of a more severe reaction to EPI. I started taking it on the recommendation of my local bodybuilding shop. Within a matter of weeks I was getting the dry skin and the dry nose that many of you have talked about, but I carried on for my cycle. Shortly afterwards, I noticed that I was having difficulty breathing. Went to my doctor who did spirometry and all sorts of other sh*t - then he gave me a course of inhaled (asthma preventing) steroids and that cleared it up.

The thing is, I didn't make the connection between EPI and the breathing. I then did a second course of EPI months later and within weeks my skin had broken out and I had the dry nose again. And then the breathing went to sh*t once more. I have been back to my doctor and he has basically said that it is affecting the mucous membrane - so just as the nose is drying up, it is likely that it is causing a similar reaction in my lungs.

A course of inhaled steroids has gotten rid of it again.

So if you do EPI and you get a similar reaction, you know what to do. I know this is probably an uncommon reaction.

Hope this helps.