July has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Male trying to loose breasts will creatine help or hurt

Hello, I am 23 6ft2 242lbs. All my weight goes to my chest and stomach. My arms and legs have always been skinny. Until 3 weeks ago I hadn't been to the gym in probably about 16 months and had been out of work due to injury for a year. During that time I did some drinking and ate lots of fast food. I've been going to the gym 5 days a week for the past 3 weeks. My goal is to number one improve my health because I have treated my body poorly over the past couple of years. My second goal is to get rid of these breast I have. They are very embarassing for a man to have. I have been doing an hour cardio 5 days a week. I want to loose a few pounds but i know that will leave loose fat so I have been trying to tone up with weights. My friend who I go to the gym with bought a giant bottle of creatine. My question is do you think I need to take it? I was taking it the last 2 weeks but it looks like I have gained about 4 pounds but my arms are still skinny and i don't see the muscle. I see a foundation but that's probably from all the weights and cardio. But as far as these breasts are concerned will the creatine plus cardio and light weight lifting help or will the creatine make things worse. I ask because today it seems like I have more fat on my chest than ever. And I haven't been eating fast food or eating before bed plus i've been working out. And still my chest seems like it has more of a femine look. With the exception of when i make a muscle it looks a little more masculine but that gets exhausting walking around making a muscle with my chest all day. Anyone have any advice or recommendations ?? Thanks

ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ComfortEagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Losing weight is all about cardio and diet. Pretty pointless to take creatine when you are new to lifting and are cutting as well, imo. The 4 lbs is water weight caused by water retention from the extra creatine in your system, not actual muscle gain (most of it, anyway).

You won't get results overnight, just be patient. Read this article under "cutting": http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=101841

thanks for your reply ComfortEagle. That was a very informative link that you gave . I've also read several other post and I'm happy to hear that all this cardio I have been doing should reap some nice results in due time. I ask the question about the creatine because my friend said it along with bench pressing and chest excercises it would help turn that chest fat into muscle. But I think I'm going to drop the creatine and do like everybody has said in so many post that I have read---cardio cardio cardio and make changes to my diet. thanks

zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have heard some good things about topical fat loss gels,
    They might help also,
    More Testicles Means More Iron - Lunch Lady Dorris

SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SloopJB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Drop the creatine, sort your diet, plenty of cardio and start on a good well rounded weights routine. Then give it time - hopefully you're already seeing some results but you have to give it time. It's taken 23 years to build your body up to that point, do you really think you can reverse that in three weeks? Stick to it and give it time and you will see results, give up after a month and revert to how you were and you won't. Stay dedicated and it will come - good luck.
    At 16/08/04

5'9" 187lbs
    Chest 46"
    Waist 32" (a little bit under now!)
    Arms 17+half"
    DL = 420lbs, BP = 280lbs, Squat = 345lbs

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    drop creatine diet+cardio=fat lose

Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seems you let your body go for 16 months....now its time to pay up.

Learn as much as possible about dieting (fast food, bye bye).
    Like it's been said, learn to control your intake of Proteins, Essential fatty acids, Carbs, starches, etc....

For you, losing weight will take an endless supply of discipline and dedication. It'll take time to look how u want to look (16 more months maybe?) but u can get there.

Diet and Cardio...

And BTW...fat doesn't turn to muscle. Fat gets broken down into energy when your body demands it or when there's a lower supply of Carbs.
    Do cardio in the morning, BEFORE breakfast. You'll feel sluggish a bit, but if you don't have any Carbs in your body, guess what your body will be forced to use as it's other supply of energy.

Yes sir, F-A-T.

Hope i helped a bit.

lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lgp9999 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, there's no such thing as "toning up with weights."
    6'3'' 220lbs
    305 Bench Press
    225 Military Press
    400lb Dead Lift

Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Big Nes
    Do cardio in the morning, BEFORE breakfast. You'll feel sluggish a bit, but if you don't have any Carbs in your body, guess what your body will be forced to use as it's other supply of energy.

Yes sir, F-A-T.
    No, your body is still catabolic in the morning so guess what it will use for energy? Your muscle. Eat a low GI carb/protein breakfast (ie- oatmeal + milk + egg whites) to knock yourself back into an anabolic state and about 30-45 mins after this do some HIIT (read: http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp -- don't pay attention to the nutrition advice in that article, its crap). HIIT will elevate your metabolism and help you burn more fat for the better part of your day.

Edit: Woops, got catabolic/anabolic mixed up (brain fart?). Fixed now. Thanks for the heads up porky
    Last edited by Kamil; 02-03-2004 at 04:25 PM.
    "The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." - James Nicoll

Wow I don't know where to start thanking you. But I definately would like to thank everyone for all their responses. I am cutting out the creatine. Thanks big nes and Kamil for clearing up the morning excercise thing. For the past 3 weeks i haven't been eating in the morning before i go to the gym. Also thanks Kamil for that link It's crazy because while doing cardio my mind tells me to speed up it will get my metabolism running quick. It was just something my mind always told me about intense workouts. Now that you provided that link I know what it is called. And it looks like my mind was correct. Hiit described in the link is great to know because it gives me more education on how much to do. The first time i did it while running around a track and i felt like my heart or lungs was jumping. That was my first workout. I didnt workout again for about a month i thought something was wrong with me. But when i decided to give cardio and the gym another try-- i took it more slower and have gradually been speeding up and everything has been working out great. That link has put things in better prospective. Thanks everyone.

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think u mixed anabolic with catabolic? not sure

Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000) Kamil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes I did, corrected now -- sorry for the error.. Dunno what happened there =P
    "The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." - James Nicoll

energy x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow A MUST

Good luck July! ***Keep your motive!***
    -x

[What Would Jesus Do?]

energy x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So July, was looking back thru my old posts that I subscribed to and thought I'd touch base with you...

So how is the working out comming? Any results! UPDATE US!!!
    -x

[What Would Jesus Do?]