m6fntsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Oblique muscle strain - recovery tips?

I have a 2-door coupe and was taking my winter wheels/tires out of my back seat. My lower half was facing towards the steering wheel and I twisted my upper half too much to the right while lifting the wheel/tire out of the back seat and I heard "pop" and felt it right below the bottom rib on my left side.

Since that day last week, I am having pain on the left oblique muscle when doing certain strength training exercises (it's amazing to see how much you use your abs in different exercises AND in daily normal life, e.g. sneezing, breathing, etc.). I tried doing crunches and it was too painful.

I am guessing that I have strained the interior oblique muscle (maybe the exterior, too?). Any idea how much I have to lay off from using it to allow it to fully recover and how long it will take? Do I really need to go see my doctor? There is no bruising in the area, but it is a little tender if I press on it with my fingers.

euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) euphoria1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't believe there is much you can do other than soft tissue work on it (massage). As for time..that all depends on how severe it is and have fast you heal. As for seeing a doctor it is unnecessary unless the pain lasts a long time. Which most likely you would be prescribed anti-inflammatories which will help you..but try asprine and bromelain for now.