Thread: Lat Development

Location: Kansas, a very interesting state with many sights to see and things to do.
    XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lat Development

It really sticks out to me when I look into the mirror and I was just wondering how obvious it is that my lats do not have very good symmetry. Please be honest.
    My problem is, too, that I hardly ever pose, so I have no experience when it comes down to taking pics or anything like that.
    Attached Images

BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BigJ2488 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe a tiny bit but not an extreme difference. Nothing to worry about mang.

BigJ

HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    looks good to me

Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had to rotate it first, but yes you can definitely tell. I'm not sure what to tell you, but it could be genetic. The symmetry issue is with your traps, not your lats by the way.

Location: Kansas, a very interesting state with many sights to see and things to do.
    XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XPumperX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Danik
    I had to rotate it first, but yes you can definitely tell. I'm not sure what to tell you, but it could be genetic. The symmetry issue is with your traps, not your lats by the way.
    I don't think it's the traps, I really think the lats are the problem. Can you see how the left one is so much bulkier while the right one is just one slim line.
    It's just something I see and so I wondered if it's really obvious. Thanks.

Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by XPumperX
    I don't think it's the traps, I really think the lats are the problem. Can you see how the left one is so much bulkier while the right one is just one slim line.
    It's just something I see and so I wondered if it's really obvious. Thanks.
    I see, however, the lower area of your middle back is also not symmetric. The right is longer at the bottom than the left.

I see, however, the lower area of your middle back is also not symmetric. The right is longer at the bottom than the left.
    True. What do you think? Could I fix it with some specialized training or is it just genetics. I know I can't change the point of insertion/exertion, but you think I can still make it SEEM more symmetric?
    BTW, how bad do you think it is?

True. What do you think? Could I fix it with some specialized training or is it just genetics. I know I can't change the point of insertion/exertion, but you think I can still make it SEEM more symmetric?
    BTW, how bad do you think it is?
    I suppose you could focus more attention on the left side by doing DB rows. Maybe this will give it the shock it needs to bring it up to par to the right side. I wouldn't worry too much about it, if it is genetic. My abs are a 4 pack going on 6, and I can easily tell they won't be symmetric. I'd just be glad that you have definition.

I suppose you could focus more attention on the left side by doing DB rows. Maybe this will give it the shock it needs to bring it up to par to the right side. I wouldn't worry too much about it, if it is genetic. My abs are a 4 pack going on 6, and I can easily tell they won't be symmetric. I'd just be glad that you have definition.
    I personally think the right one is weaker, don't you?

I personally think the right one is weaker, don't you?
    It's hard to tell from the picture. I just noticed that you are somewhat slanted to the left. Your left arm is angle downward, while the right arm is slightly upward. It would help if you could get a picture that is a little less blurry, and try to balance the pose a little bit. That might be contributing to some of the symmetry problems.

Here's a Lat Spread.

As you can see, my posing really needs to improve.
    Attached Images

dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dpman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The problem appears to be that your looking a little to thick in the waist.
    Whittle down the waist and the VShape will be more impressive.

Yeah, but actually I got this pic burned in my head of myself with about 5 lbs. more. I know I should lose some of my belly, but still I wanna gain more mass.
    I don't know what I wanna do yet.