keaner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting Diet/Plan -- Please critique

Hey guys imm currently cutting and im planning on cutting to a weight taht i feel comfortable with

Diet:
    7AM - 4 Egg white, Scoop of whey (22g protein), and a low in fat yogurt -- blended so i drink it

10 AM - Protein bar -15g protein 15g carb

12 AM - Chicken breast, 1/3 cup of peanuts, Fruit to Go bar (15g carb)

3PM - Chicken breast, Fruit to go Bar (15g carb)

5 PM - Tuna Sandwich/Shrimp caeser salad/Turkey bagel

Post workout - Protein shake (40g protein), Mom's dinner - Large serving of chicken/steak/fish, peas, and a decent serving of potato

Before bed - 1/3 cup of peanuts, fruit go bar (15g carb), MAYBE a small portion of meat depends on how hungry i am

I am planning on doing cardio every other morning for 45 minutes on the rowing machine so burning about 500 calories. I will be working out later in the night.

Please give me some feedback on my cutting plan.

Peace

bump

please help me out

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. I wouldn't do cardio for 45 minutes. I would instead do HIIT for about 20 minutes 2-3 times a week.

2. As for your diet, get rid of the fruit to go bar and replace it with some actual fruit instead. Before bed eat some cottage cheese instead.

How many calories are you getting each day, and what are your exact ratios?

hitt

ok thanks for the feedback but what exactly is HIIT and is there anyway i could perform it on a rowing machine?

i weight 162 as of today......also bringing real fruit would be a pain in the ass ...would it make that much of a difference?

ALso im not sure of the exact calorie count but do ya think that looks like too much food for cuttin?

Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    High Intensity Interval Training- Sprint 30 seconds, jog 30 seconds repeat for 20-25 minutes. Yes real fruit is much better than processed crap. Those fruit on the go bars are not healthy at all. They are loaded with sugars and carbs. Fruit on the other hand is slower digesting, better carbs, and has a lower GI (not to mention vitamins and minerals) Your diet actually looks a little low for cutting. Use fitday.com and once you have an account going, let me know how much you are eating and your ratios.

Read this article on fruit also:

http://t-mag.com/html/body_95forbid.html
    Last edited by Josh37; 02-01-2004 at 01:39 PM.

fitday.com

sorry man just the site takes for ever to work and i dont got that much time.....i think im takin in about 1800 - 2100 calories, 200g protein, 70g carbs, 30g fat each day approximately. How does that look for cutting ?

Your carbs and fat seem way too low.
    Whats your current weight and height?

weight/height

im 162 and im about 6 foot. My body is rather odd it seems as though i have a fairly thick lair of fat over my body and if i could get rid of it id look at lot better. 162 an 6 feet doesnt seem like alot but my body seems to respond badly to the amount of weight. Remember im trying to cutting so keeping carbs/fats low is a good call isnt it?

MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MagicPunt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i hope your cooking those egg whites, eat them seperate dont put them in a shake

162lbs and 6ft? What do you have to cut? If you have a gut, you need to bulk first, and cut later. But you don't really weigh enough to cut much, if anything.

cut

i have some fat to cut definitly i think my body isnt great when it comes to having fat storage. WHen i originally started bodybuilding i had some fat on me aswell and that is still there and id love to be able to get rid of fat properly so i can truly have a hardcore bulk session over the summer. In the summer i plan on putting on about 20 pounds hopefully.

cheers

Whats your current body fat? You may have some body fat to cut, but you don't have enough body weight to cut. Just out of curiosity, were you overweight before?

yes

yes i was overweight before i started workin out but not badly overweight. Im guessing my BF is around like 18% or so.

Did you lose weight by diet alone? Most people who lose weight by diet alone only lose fat around the bodies vital organs, not under the skin. I would suggest you try gaining some weight first. I know it sounds crazy, but you need to put some more mass on before you cut. Here are some more good articles though:

http://johnberardi.com/articles/nutr...aneating_1.htm

http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/172food.html

http://johnberardi.com/articles/nutr...aneating_2.htm

alright

alright thanks man im gonna give this some serious thought i think .......

PM me sometime and well talk

peace