bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bgzee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

V8 juice good replacement for veggies?

I dont eat many vegitables, but lately ive been buying v8 juice to replace them. Is this a good replacement? Or am i missing out on something?

Complete body transformer irish.body's Avatar
    Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) irish.body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: V8 juice good replacement for veggies?

Originally posted by bgzee
    I dont eat many vegetables, but lately I've been buying V8 juice to replace them. Is this a good replacement? Or am I missing out on something?

I love V8, but I think it has perhaps a little too much salt if anything.

Better than drinking normal carbonated drinks though.

Skullder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    v8 is a good drink, but not a good replacement for veggies..

Sol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    did you guys know that as soon as the vegetable is removed from its life source its nutrional value rapidly drops. by the time the farmers process it and get it to the stores and after it sits at the stores for a while and by the time you get it home and cook it there are only trace amounts of vitamins and minerals. So basically all thats left is the fiber. And if you over cook it then the fiber is gone too along with whatever vitamins and minerals. So basically its just the fiber you're getting and we all know there are much better sources for fiber. You have to eat tons of veggies to get a decent amount of fiber.

Originally posted by Sol
    did you guys know that as soon as the vegetable is removed from its life source its nutrional value rapidly drops. by the time the farmers process it and get it to the stores and after it sits at the stores for a while and by the time you get it home and cook it there are only trace amounts of vitamins and minerals. So basically all thats left is the fiber. And if you over cook it then the fiber is gone too along with whatever vitamins and minerals. So basically its just the fiber you're getting and we all know there are much better sources for fiber. You have to eat tons of veggies to get a decent amount of fiber.
    Sir, where did you hear all this bull****?

I read it. It was a scientific study. Look on google. You'll see.

Originally posted by Sol
    I read it. It was a scientific study. Look on google. You'll see.
    scientific studies can often be wrong.

which side is wrong, the 300 studies supporting soy, or the 300 rejecting soy?

basically what your post is saying is it is pointless eating vegetables because they have become nutritionally worthless. this is not true because plants continue to grow even after being cut. they are also chilled to prevent decomposition. when you take a raw pumpkin and leave it on the shelf for 30 days it gets better..not worse.

heating does damage overall nutrients to a certain extent, but that is the same with all foods.

take another example, canned fruit has been shown to have an increased nutrient content then that of fresh fruit. from what you say, this can not be true.

if i brought up a post saying that after an animal is killed, its meat decomposes and all its nutrients are lost i am sure you wouldn't believe that...then if i said the heat makes (all) the fats rancid and (all) the proteins denature, that would also not be true.
    Last edited by Skullder; 01-30-2004 at 10:54 PM.

You're wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and I never said anything about meats.

Since when do plants grow when you remove them from their life source? They begin to die dumbass when they tap out all their stored resources which happens quickly.

And don't you know that manufacturers put additives and preservatives in canned goods?

Yeah I eat veggies, but I don't count the vitamins and minerals. I can only count some carbs and maybe a couple grams of fiber usually. I eat them just for texture and TASTE in my food and eye candy in dishes.

You also said freezing helps preserve, but you know how long they have already been removed from their life source before freezing, probably a long time.

The best way to get all the nutrients out of your veggies is to grow them in your own garden. Cut some when you need it and cook it immediately.

IMO, veggies are worthless unless I had my own garden. There are much better sources of carbs and fiber. You'd have to eat so damn many in one sitting it would be rediculous and expensive.

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    One Word

FIBER!!

The Juice is Missing The Fiber.

wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000) wildman536 is just really nice. (+1000)
    SOL- I hear ya on the "Reason you Eat Veggies"

I only Eat Them because i can Eat a Ton and only get like 10 Carbs and a Full Feeling instead of a Loaf of Bread and about 200 Carbs.

Oh yeah, The Fiber Helps too!!!lol

ronmolina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronmolina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I eat the full vegies. Got to have that fiber. There are studies that show that vegetable juice should be consumed within 24 hours after made or the macronutrients decline rapidly. I use my own juicer to make fresh vegetable juice. See if I cant dig up some references. Also eat my veggies raw because they lose alot of the macronutrients when cooked.

BoxerUK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Sol
    Wrong.
    Moderator at rossboxing.com

Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ryanmoe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Big bump on the FIBER
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
    -Truth

Originally posted by BoxerUK
    Wrong.
    i had typed up a massive reply and then deleted it all cause i figure it's pointless trying to reason...

Originally posted by ronmolina
    I eat the full vegies. Got to have that fiber. There are studies that show that vegetable juice should be consumed within 24 hours after made or the macronutrients decline rapidly. I use my own juicer to make fresh vegetable juice. See if I cant dig up some references. Also eat my veggies raw because they lose alot of the macronutrients when cooked.
    who cares about the macronutrients in veggies...its the micronutrients that count.

less macronutrients = lower cals
    Last edited by Skullder; 02-01-2004 at 11:29 AM.

Mr. Jack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    V8 does have fibre in it...2 grams I believe.

ronmolina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ronmolina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I should have typed micro.

300PL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    V8 is a good drink, but it to vegetables what supplements are to real food; don't use it as a replacement! Add it on top of a good diet as it is, because it will not be as beneficial as real veggies.

Free Bodybuilding Resource: http://www.bodybuildingpro.com

Bodybuilding Forums: http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/forum

edplayer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) edplayer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Sol
    did you guys know that as soon as the vegetable is removed from its life source its nutrional value rapidly drops. by the time the farmers process it and get it to the stores and after it sits at the stores for a while and by the time you get it home and cook it there are only trace amounts of vitamins and minerals. So basically all thats left is the fiber.
    Only some of the nutrients get "depleted"

Minerals will be teh same from the time it is picked till you eat it

Some of the vitamins will change form at different rates than other ones.

The best choice would be to take the time learn how to grow plants really well and grown your own fruits and vegetables. If you know what you are doing, you can grow stuff that has higher nutrient content and better taste than the stuff you can buy at the store.

Originally posted by Sol
    So basically its just the fiber you're getting and we all know there are much better sources for fiber.

much better sources for fiber, huh?
    www.onelook.com

Whole grains and beans stupid.

Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mike83 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey, Fruits and veggies have to develop to eat them, you dont hear or see people eating green tomatoes or green banannas, you have to wait to eat them.

What about potatoes, you eat them right out the ground, what about corn? you eat it when its hard!
    Motivation/Dedication/Time=Results

-"Command And Conquer" -

edplayer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) edplayer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Sol
    you get more than just fiber in vegetables he-man.
    www.onelook.com

Strong-Ass Jaw Crew user34566548717114's Avatar
    user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    a class of v8 everyday will help out some but i would try to get SOME veggies in on top of that lol, just don't cut them totally out

damn I really shouldn't speak on this since I never eat veggies lol

Gmosu22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You're wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong and I never said anything about meats.

Since when do plants grow when you remove them from their life source? They begin to die dumbass when they tap out all their stored resources which happens quickly.

And don't you know that manufacturers put additives and preservatives in canned goods?

Yeah I eat veggies, but I don't count the vitamins and minerals. I can only count some carbs and maybe a couple grams of fiber usually. I eat them just for texture and TASTE in my food and eye candy in dishes.

You also said freezing helps preserve, but you know how long they have already been removed from their life source before freezing, probably a long time.

The best way to get all the nutrients out of your veggies is to grow them in your own garden. Cut some when you need it and cook it immediately.

IMO, veggies are worthless unless I had my own garden. There are much better sources of carbs and fiber. You'd have to eat so damn many in one sitting it would be rediculous and expensive.
    You my friend, have no clue what you are talking about... Vegetables don't magically lose all nutritional value just because they are harvested. They lose nutritional value as they decompose. Produce you find at the store is still packed full of nutrients. What do you think vegetables are made out of? The actual tissue that makes up these foods are what contain the nutritional value. If what you say is true, we'd all be in big trouble if we didn't take a multivitamin every single day. Fruits and veggies are the #1 best source for a majority of the micronutrients we need. And by your logic, fruits would be no different and they too would contain virtually no micronutrients.

And most canned produce doesn't have any preservatives, zero, nada, nothing... That's the point of canning them. It locks out the atmosphere and prevents decomposition thus preserving nutritional value. Not that that is true for all canned produce, I'm sure some do indeed contain preservatives of some sort, but the vast majority don't.

Oh yeah, and plants do continue living after being harvested. And yes, some even continue growing. Why do you think Potatoes sprout after a month or two or storage? What do you call that? That's right, it's growing. Speaking of which, potatoes are a great example. You can store a potato for a month and then eat it. It will still be full of Iron, potassium and Vitamin C. These micronutrients don't just "leave" the potato because it's not in the ground anymore.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    strong first post to a 9 year old thread
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    How is this goon still green??

Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chad31275 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    LOL, sh!t, I just noticed. Can I get those 5 minutes back I just spent reading all this nonsense?

Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enilder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    you should give him some credits for taking his time to write those.

Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Digitydog is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Enilder View Post
    you should give him some credits for taking his time to write those.
    Several months later.........Digitydog wonders if Sol is even alive to see the this belated 9 year old comment.

Abstinence till marriage weazy79's Avatar
    weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) weazy79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    "Buh it lax teh fibr"!!!111!!!

Um....then mix some metamucil in there

I dunno
    Church every sunday crew
    Don't care about a career that's misc approved crew
    Would love to be married and have children crew
    Never votes democrat or republican crew
    Straight guy in favor of gay rights crew
    Abortion is murder and should be punishable by life in prison crew
    Liberals think I'm a right wing nut, conservatives think I'm a left wing nut crew
    Miscer that actually lifts crew