TheShiznit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplements and Prostatitis

Has anyone developed prostatitis in this forum??

I am curious because I was diagnosed with it (the no-pain kind)

It was a fluke that it was even caught, but I am on antibiotics, and that should clear it up.

My question is this: Could supplements have helped in causing this infection? I know it could be considered a stupid question, but I would like to hear it from you.

This is what I take:

Multivitamin
    Flaxseed Oil
    Phos****enHP(Creatine to load)
    BetaGen(HMB and creatine for maintenance)
    Dymatadrine Extreme (Fat burn, but really for the amping up b4 workout)
    Glutamine
    ZMA(b4 bed)

Any thoughts from the audience??

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been going through extensive problem with this I found out that it was linked to the fat burners. The caffeine and ephedrin derivatives will cause problems.
    I tell everyone that is at a cretain age to back off this stuff. I cannot use any fat burners or prohromones because of this now. I took the antibiotics and they didn't help I thought I had cancer from it But luckily a PSA test showed low levels and I was clean. I am now keeping it unde control by using saw palmetto daily. I use a certain brand though from the saw palmetto harvesting company that is 95% santardized. Itr is also liquid capsules.

iguanascorpion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quercitin

This is very good for prostatitus, do some research on the web for dosage

TheShiznit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

No More Burners it is then

Thanks dudes.... I am gonna get rid of them...

So Dorian, what do you use for a fat-burning stack???

It was totally flukey when they found it out...A trace of blood in my urine...two more tests were negative..

Then the doc did the ol' prostate check...fine size, but the next sample was blood and puss..

I am taking Avelox (antibiotic) and am not taking any supplements now to make sure that the AB works completely

Oh well...goodbye Dymantadrine Extreme and Xenadrine...

E

asf7090 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many of the OTC thermogenics including Ephedrine and Yohimbine can make it more difficult to urinate. I also think that PPA and other OTC decogesents may have a similar effect due an action of theirs which leads to agonizing of the alpha 1 receptors in the prostate. Alpha-1 blockers are often prescribed for people who have difficultly urinating; essentially, much of stuff listed above has the opposite effect, so it is no suprise that they make it more difficult to urinate in susceptible individuals.

Four years ago I had difficultly urinating for a 3-4 month time period; incidentally, it was the same time period I took a few doses of ephedrine. At the time, I had no idea ephedrine could do such things. Eventually it got better and my ability to empty my bladder was not much of a problem until this past week because I made a stupid decision of taking the antidepressant Reboxetine. Now, I'm not 3 medications and have an appointment with the Uro on Thursday.

By the way , I don't have any pain either-just can barely urinate.
    Last edited by asf7090; 04-02-2002 at 05:15 PM.

Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000) Dante B. is just really nice. (+1000)
    Here is an interesting link (on different levels)

http://www.abqjournal.com/use/vet/209007use12-25-00.htm

Since ephedrine, and other sympathomimetics constrict peripheral blood vessels, PPA, and other such drugs, are used in dogs for urinary incontinence (so, this has obvious consequences for those that have trouble urinating, as opposed to being incontenent).

If you really love PPA, you may be able to get it via the veterinary route (I have not tried this, so do not ask me).