Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Muscles by D.O.T. Brother Steel's Avatar
    Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Bodybuilders Look Gross?

Hi,

I was at Wal-Mart when these two young, very attractive women (20ish) came up to look at the magazines. The first woman takes a Muscular Development magazine off the rack. She tells the second woman she is getting the magazine for her boyfriend.

The second woman looks at the cover and says, "OOOOH that is so gross!". The first one goes, "OOOH Yea that's really gross!". They then laugh to each other and run off with the magazine.

I ask my wife what she thought about the development of pro-level bodybuilders. She said they look gross to her too. (She likes well-built men with muscle.)

What do you guys (men and women) think about bodybuilders looking GROSS? Opinions Please!

Thank you,
    B. Steel
    P.S.
    I always knew that extra helping of spaghetti would pay off someday. :^)

GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50) GSOgymrat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I brought a bodybuilding magazine into the office and the consensus of the female staff was that the huge bodybuilders were gross. They especially didn't appreciate the vascularity, well except for the nurses who talked about how big a gage needle they could administer.
    I gotta be natural

LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i typically like a good proportional build, that isn't excessively bulky to where it looks unnatural. i'd say that the photo of jim romagna on muscle & fitness is my ideal physique, what i strive to acheive...
    Attached Images
    just my $0.02.

enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Brother Steel View Post
    .......I ask my wife what she thought about the development of pro-level bodybuilders. She said they look gross to her too. (She likes well-built men with muscle.)
    My wife feels the same way. Likes muscular men but is turned of by the really cut show look. This also seems to be the conscensus amongst her friends too.

enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) enigma60 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
    i typically like a good proportional build, that isn't excessively bulky to where it looks unnatural. i'd say that the photo of jim romagna on muscle & fitness is my ideal physique, what i strive to acheive...
    I agree its a great look.

Don't give me evils! SumthinOrNuthin's Avatar
    SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50) SumthinOrNuthin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think they look gross, but I do prefer it when they're not ripped to shreds. I just prefer them when they look a little smoother. Seperation and cuts, rather than shredded is nice
    Brian! Who are all those people outside?
    I don't know mother, they just .... popped by.
    Popped by?! Swarmed by more like!

LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LR3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by enigma60 View Post
    I agree its a great look.
    in other photos i've seen of him, he looks a bit too built, more bulky--but in the image on the muscle & fitness cover, i think his physique looks ideal. though i doubt i will ever acheive it, i strive for that build. he is the same size and weight as i am--so in theory, it is not outside the rhelm of possibility...

he will be on the cover of the june issue, and demonstrating ab work in an article inside.
    just my $0.02.

yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000) yellowrv is just really nice. (+1000)

Same here

Originally Posted by GSOgymrat View Post
    I brought a bodybuilding magazine into the office and the consensus of the female staff was that the huge bodybuilders were gross. They especially didn't appreciate the vascularity, well except for the nurses who talked about how big a gage needle they could administer.
    I get the same comment about the veins from nurses all the time. I really don't like needles and when they say that it gives me the heebyjeebies. I'll bet if the the two young ladies at the magazine rack saw Frank Zane at 30 or 35 they might have a slightly different opinion. His body is something I aspire to although I'll most probably not get even close.
    Lion or Sheep. It's your Choice.
    Life is short but it is W I D E.
    Life draws without an eraser.

StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Most likely the larger percentage of the BB world will not reach the gross stage without drugs. I can't say I've ever seen a natural BB that was extremely overbuilt. Most BB'ers are also very seldom in the "ripped" contest form the majoriety of the time either.

Some of our own posters on this forum have ideal proportions that are desireable to achieve. That statement also goes for the ladies as well. I also think a lady that is ripped to shreds and is huge is "gross". (That is my own personal opinion).

So to sum up my thoughts, I guess I prefer the well built rather smooth look..... Male and female.

stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000) stahlhart is just really nice. (+1000)

My physique benchmark -- I'll never achieve this, but it's fun trying:

lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lionheart069 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree with you 68, the ones that look like freaks are most likely juiced! Is that too bold of me to say?

redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool Oh Yea

The wife used to tell me" I don't want you to look like the guys in the mags"
    I used to think i'll worry about that if I ever get there, so remember just--
    keep on pumpin !
    RED
    Enjoy The Pump Of Life !!

IT'S NOT WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU DRIVE THAT COUNTS, IT'S THE SIZE OF THE ARM YOU HANG OUT THE WINDOW!

MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10) MichaelNY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Call me crazy but nothing is impossible,,,,well ok somethings are...lol
    But lr and stalhart, if you wish to look similar to those two guys in the photos you posted then do it.

"I may have buffalo wings, chicken legs and a pigeon chest but I am not an animal".....
    Last edited by MichaelNY; 04-08-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added
    Michael

Originally Posted by lionheart069 View Post
    I agree with you 68, the ones that look like freaks are most likely juiced! Is that too bold of me to say?
    the ones with truely freakish proportions are generally on high doses of anabolic steroids in addition to large doses of growth hormone and/or growth factors. id' go as far as to say that *most* pro body-builders use anabolic steroids--read bob paris's "gorilla suit: my adventures in bodybuilding"--it gets into the drug scene in the bodybuiding world, as well as the politics in professional bodybuilding.
    just my $0.02.

Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Brother Steel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by yellowrv View Post
    I get the same comment about the veins from nurses all the time. I really don't like needles and when they say that it gives me the heebyjeebies. I'll bet if the the two young ladies at the magazine rack saw Frank Zane at 30 or 35 they might have a slightly different opinion. His body is something I aspire to although I'll most probably not get even close.
    I have to get alot of shots for my asthma. Those Big Veins in the back of my hands really come in handy. I never feel those shots. It always hurts like heck in the arm.

B.Steel

Originally Posted by ; SumthinOrNutin
    I don't think they look gross, but I do prefer it when they're not ripped to shreds. I just prefer them when they look a little smoother. Seperation and cuts, rather than shredded is nice
    Hi SumthinOrNuthin,

It's good to hear from a woman. Thank you.

All right let's hear more opinions from other women!

B. Steel
    Last edited by Brother Steel; 04-08-2007 at 05:25 PM.

JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000) JupiterAK is just really nice. (+1000)
    My g/f gets grossed out when I bring home some muscle mags. I think somewhere in between works for me.

Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10) Angelfish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I never think gross. I'm more like WOW look at what can be achieved! Heheh and bring on the veins!
    Food for 5 years, a 1000 gallons of gas, air filtration, water filtration, geiger counter, bomb shelter,... underground goddamn monsters
    ----------

Consistently maintain forward momentum. Be clear in your goals. It is easier to work in line with your goals than against them. 50kg (110lbs) lost to date. :)

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Doesn't gross me out. I'm in total awe at the size these guys can put on. Outside of this forum though, all the girls i know think its gross. Their loss.
    National Competitor

Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fatdaddy22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My wife thinks those guys are TOO big and unnatural looking.....and I have to say that I agree.

jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I run into this is at work too--well I used to. Since some of my coworkers where so eager to share with me their unsolicited opinions I decided to share mine with them.

IMO, THESE ARE GROSS:

I think those who say the men and women of fitness/bodybuilding are gross are ignorant. They have no idea of what gross REALLY is.

Those who work to put themselves in shape are to be admired. Those men and women who are the top in this field, IMO, are the most beautiful and attractive.

Can I be any more emphatic about this?
    You can play the game or live the adventure.

Goals--To be able to do the following exercises:
    Front Lever Pull-ups
    Planche Push-ups
    Muscle Ups
    Human Flag

Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The "smooth look" appeals to many because of their preception of aesthetics. Back in the 60s, when I was a teen, bodybuilding was a marginal subculture with a host of myths.

But my first introduction to bodybuilders was watching the likes of Steve Reeves, Gordon Scott and the others who made those great old 60s Spear and Sandal films as a kid. Now I know they were thought a "gross out" in their time by the ignorant (I didnt). But times change with bodybuilding becoming "ok" in the late 70s. Especially after Arnold made such a big hit with "Conan". Since then everything about bodybuilding permeats popular culture. But I still prefer Arnold's first "Conan" look over his later "Conan the Destroyer" one. The first one is more realistic considering how he was supposed to have gotten that way.

But then, my husband is a full time historical swordmaker and blacksmith. I also like watching the Strong Man/Woman contests too.

However, I do respect all the hardwork Ronnie Coleman and the rest go through to look so HUGE and ripped. But admit to wondering just much further this will be taken .....or can be.

Bulking for the past 15yr MyPumps's Avatar
    MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MyPumps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone I know finds them "gross freaks" and thinks I am also a freak because I love them. That's why I buy the magazines. Maybe they just think it's my porn?
    Hmmm...they were hidden in the top rear of the newstand.
    List of Things to Do.....
    1.Stop sucking it in and just suck it up and do it.

My Lifts: A cup of coffee and warm sunshiney days

Bench: Stayin' off it as much as possible

Squat: What I know about what I'm doing

Deadlift: Silly! I'm a student, not a coroner!

Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000) Skyles is a complete loser! (-2000)

They're probably right, if it's something on this scale.

steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steerpike7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldn't say it's gross. It's very, very impressive just not attractive. But given the choice I'd rather look lean and vascular than big and soft how I am at the moment, unattractive or not.

Originally Posted by jocularric View Post
    I run into this is at work too--well I used to. Since some of my coworkers where so eager to share with me their unsolicited opinions I decided to share mine with them.

IMO, THESE ARE GROSS:

I think those who say the men and women of fitness/bodybuilding are gross are ignorant. They have no idea of what gross REALLY is.

Those who work to put themselves in shape are to be admired. Those men and women who are the top in this field, IMO, are the most beautiful and attractive.

Can I be any more emphatic about this?
    OOOH My Goodness!
    My breakfast don't know whether to hold tight or to come out!

QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Lightbulb

I guess I must agree, based on the majority of comments I’ve heard, about the feeling of most people toward the look of pro BB’ers.
    Bob Paris is one pro that I’ve always seen as having the perfect physique. As you can see, he looks pretty dapper as opposed to “gross” when in off-season, and really not too extreme in contest shape. Although, I guess if you aspire to compete, you will have to endure the groupie comments. However, I must agree that most people, and in that I mean most are not privy to the BB culture, are put off by the look of such as Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warren, Jay cutler, and their ilk. I think it also has an impact that people know that these types are involved with performance enhancing drugs, which these days more than ever, have a deeply negative connotation attached, as do all illegal drugs.

?????????????????????

Last edited by QUALITYGUY1; 04-09-2007 at 05:34 AM.
    "it's always a good day to start lifting"
    Flex Magazine, Mar. '07, pg.44

"There is no secret routine, there is no magical number of reps and sets. What there is, is confidence, belief, hard work on a consistant basis, and a desire to succeed. This is what I mean when I say accept your limits and when the time is right, you will push right through your limits time and time again, mentally and physically."
    --Steve Justa

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stahlhart View Post
    My physique benchmark -- I'll never achieve this, but it's fun trying:

Dude, never say "never". Set the goal and you might just surprise yourself.

Back on topic, my wife tends to think that huge muscles are gross. I don't have that problem yet, but she has made a few comments about the size of my pecs. I'll deal with the "problem" of being too big when I get there.

Originally Posted by QUALITYGUY1 View Post
    I guess I must agree, based on the majority of comments I?ve heard, about the feeling of most people toward the look of pro BB?ers.
    Bob Paris is one pro that I?ve always seen as having the perfect physique. As you can see, he looks pretty dapper as opposed to ?gross? when in off-season, and really not too extreme in contest shape. Although, I guess if you aspire to compete, you will have to endure the groupie comments. However, I must agree that most people, and in that I mean most are not privy to the BB culture, are put off by the look of such as Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warren, Jay cutler, and their ilk. I think it also has an impact that people know that these types are involved with performance enhancing drugs, which these days more than ever, have a deeply negative connotation attached, as do all illegal drugs.

?????????????????????

I agree with you I think Bob Paris looks great. I have always liked Dave Draper's physique too. In his book Brother Iron Sister Steel it has pictures of Dave in his mid to late 50's (?) and he still looks great.

windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10) windsrprk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love the natural bodybuilder look. I respect the pros who do what it takes to get to where they are yet I don't find their proportions all that attractive. The line between pleasing aesthetics and freaky get seriously blurred.

I don't know if this applies to all fitness-related magazines. I get Oxygen by subscription and it comes with a white sheet of paper hiding the cover, with the whole thing encased in a clear plastic wrap. Great, now all my buddies at the post office will think I'm getting porn!
    I wasn't born with curves so I'm building my own.

My success is measured by my willingness to keep trying.-Anonymous