Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thewolf324 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I prefer a symetrical, muscular, natural look.........my wife seems to hate the really big guys but hasnt flipped over any magazines around the house that show natural builders. Women look damn good in a muscular form too as long as its a natural tone and not a "look at my mustache tone"
    IM BACK!

*the wolf sits in silence*

NEW LOG IS HERE! (TheWolf's road to an ultramarathon)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113675501

Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    many people have a belief they don't like something just based on the fact it is not the norm. i think many aren't use to seeing a true bodybuilding physique so they say gross...but in reality they don't have the vocabulary or exposure to make a sound judgement. i guess i think of it like art. the first time you see a 20th c modernist painting it may be over your head...but when you understand the form, have multiple exposures, get familiar with it...then you develop a taste for the look. when i hear someone say a negative about bb...i tend to think they are imature on a social level. it no longer is a statement about the physique dev, but a comment on how they view life in general....kind of limited. cheers

NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NPC_Jim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Two excellent examples of the athletic bodybuilder (Bob Paris/Jim Romagna).
    Include Lee Labrada and Chris Dickerson (shows age) during their pro years.

We do need to state that one is 6'1 / 5'8, so the amount of sheer muscle mass, while looking well will be spread out over the body. Being 5'8 I would personally would like the Jim Romagna body-type for that "athletic, yes I lift, but have a life' body many of us over 30+ are looking for. even buddies who were 245 / 6'2 monsters are now looking for the ease of walking up a flight of stairs without a resperator waiting for them.

I hope that BB returns to a more athletic vein, but I doubt i will see it happen. The freak factor is what shocks and sell mags daily. I like asking the young guys remember these guys: Tuffle, Boyle, Coe, any guys from the mid 80's and the faces go blank.
    You can not sculpt a pebble. Eat to grow, then sculpt.

jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jocularric is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
    those are disease states--anorexia or some sort of wasting condition, and obesity. i don't see them as being pertainant to this discussion--but rather only posted for shock value. i am not sure what your point is in posting disease states when talking about bodybuilding.
    Yes those are disease states. And, I shared what I had done in a similar situation when faced with UNSOLICITED opinions about bodybuilding.

The top men and women in bodybuilding may be so extreme that some find it "gross". Getting to know one's body, and then pushing it to its limits is something I admire. Not knowing your own body, not taking care of it, allowing it to be ravished, or destroyed by disease, IMO is "gross".

Understanding nutrition and what your body needs is admirable. Abusing one's body by starvation or by over eating is "gross".

Exercising to improve cardio vascular fitness, strength. power, and endurance is admirable. To abuse one's body by over training or doing nothing is gross.

To seek out and use proper medical advice or guidance when needed is wise. No doing so can lead to injury, sickness, and death. And IMO is "gross".

To take control of your destiny and to act is being responsible. To do nothing or to merely react is irresponsible.

To share enthusiasm to those around you about improving mental and physical fitness is a boon for self and society. To sit by, to do or say nothing for those who suffer from these diseases is a blight upon individuals, families, and communities.

Bro. Steel ASKED for opinions and I gave mine using contrasts. Some believe bodybuilding is too extreme and gross. I believe there are other extremes that are far more gross. And I think being aware and doing something IS pertinent to bodybuilding, fitness, and health. I would much rather have goal seeking fitness orientated individuals as role models than the also-ran.

Bro. Steel ASKED, I shared. Just my $.02.
    You can play the game or live the adventure.

Goals--To be able to do the following exercises:
    Front Lever Pull-ups
    Planche Push-ups
    Muscle Ups
    Human Flag

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is the look that was most admired by my female clients, back when I was training. Several of them asked that I replicate it on their boyfriends...

Last edited by EMISGOD; 04-09-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onedayatatime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jocularric View Post
    I run into this is at work too--well I used to. Since some of my coworkers where so eager to share with me their unsolicited opinions I decided to share mine with them.

IMO, THESE ARE GROSS:

I think those who say the men and women of fitness/bodybuilding are gross are ignorant. They have no idea of what gross REALLY is.

Those who work to put themselves in shape are to be admired. Those men and women who are the top in this field, IMO, are the most beautiful and attractive.

Can I be any more emphatic about this?
    and to think, after a quick glance the girl in the pink looked real goood, but hell, compare and contrast..

but these people choose to be the way they are and you cannot choose for them.

I just realized i posted in the above 35 thread..
    Last edited by onedayatatime; 04-09-2007 at 07:22 PM.
    reps for lyfe 4 torrentleech invite---

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Brother Steel View Post
    Hi,

I was at Wal-Mart when these two young, very attractive women (20ish) came up to look at the magazines. The first woman takes a Muscular Development magazine off the rack. She tells the second woman she is getting the magazine for her boyfriend.

The second woman looks at the cover and says, "OOOOH that is so gross!". The first one goes, "OOOH Yea that's really gross!". They then laugh to each other and run off with the magazine.

I ask my wife what she thought about the development of pro-level bodybuilders. She said they look gross to her too. (She likes well-built men with muscle.)

What do you guys (men and women) think about bodybuilders looking GROSS? Opinions Please!

Thank you,
    B. Steel
    P.S.
    I always knew that extra helping of spaghetti would pay off someday. :^)
    If they are talking about IFBB pro BBers, of course theyd look gross to most people, youre not going to see natural BBers with like 22" lean biceps and 30" lean quads.

Jocularric, there was a thread on those anorexic pics, those anorexic pictures were actually editted, theres a site with the original pics and eddited pictures of those.

Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datoyminaytah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    This is the look that was most admired by my female clients, back when I was training. Several of them asked that I replicate it on their boyfriends...

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefcake/hexum1.jpg

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefcake/hexum2.jpg

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefcake/hexum3.jpg
    That's about my goal, too. I think if I could get rid of the gut, I'm well on my way there.

The links don't work. The site must block external linking. You can copy and paste them into the address bar, though.
    My workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=864556

My Journal, Fitness & Nutrition Info, Recipes
    http://wesmorrison.blogspot.com

bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50) bkeithb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aparently, it is the consensus of women of all ages. When I started lifting a year ago, my wife cautioned "I don't want you to get too big" because she thinks bodybuilders look "gross." She likes muscular men, just not body-builder big men.

The other day I had a book I was reading on the table (The New HIT by Dr Darden). My 9 year old daughter thumbed through it and saw some bodybuilders and said "oooh ... that's gross."

I appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes to get massive and ripped. But I don't aspire to that. I'm shooting for a well-proportioned and musclar look with a minimum of body fat (say, around 10-12% tops).
    Keith

StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bkeithb View Post
    Aparently, it is the consensus of women of all ages. When I started lifting a year ago, my wife cautioned "I don't want you to get too big" because she thinks bodybuilders look "gross." She likes muscular men, just not body-builder big men.

The other day I had a book I was reading on the table (The New HIT by Dr Darden). My 9 year old daughter thumbed through it and saw some bodybuilders and said "oooh ... that's gross."

I appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes to get massive and ripped. But I don't aspire to that. I'm shooting for a well-proportioned and musclar look with a minimum of body fat (say, around 10-12% tops).
    People that think BB's will get to the gross stage just by lifting weights need not worry. It cannot happen without drugs.
    Thats why I have to laugh at people who use the excuse of getting too big.......... Ain't gonna happen.

It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefcake/hexum1.jpg

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefcake/hexum2.jpg

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/beefcake/hexum3.jpg
    Originally Posted by Datoyminaytah View Post
    That's about my goal, too. I think if I could get rid of the gut, I'm well on my way there.

The links don't work. The site must block external linking. You can copy and paste them into the address bar, though.
    Ah Hell, I had them working once...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

207 and melting the BF glycomann's Avatar
    glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000) glycomann is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by LR3 View Post
    the ones with truely freakish proportions are generally on high doses of anabolic steroids in addition to large doses of growth hormone and/or growth factors. id' go as far as to say that *most* pro body-builders use anabolic steroids--read bob paris's "gorilla suit: my adventures in bodybuilding"--it gets into the drug scene in the bodybuiding world, as well as the politics in professional bodybuilding.
    Never read it. You sold me on it.
    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

See Glycoman's corner at: http://www.moarmuscle.com/forumdispl...omann-s-Corner

Obessive Personality speedjunkie's Avatar
    speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10) speedjunkie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

anyone think this is gross?

Attached Images

glitter boy (no hetero) TwiloMike's Avatar
    TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000) TwiloMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    That's flexed, as such it's fine. I'd love to see it at ease and then I'd judge.
    "genepool & TwiloMike: the e-love story", available in hardcover early 2009.

Albert Einstein- "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

whatisfightclub- "Where there's homo theeeeeeeeeeres Twilo! :D"

Minotaur- "Я Великая Княжна Ольга Николаевна :D"

OFFICIAL Female Misc. Male #2
    Official Homo of The Female Misc

I <3 hockeychick

Mod @ BeyondLowCarb.net

Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lee.J.K will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by windsrprk View Post
    The line between pleasing aesthetics and freaky get seriously blurred.
    Yes. This in my opinion is like anorexia for men. It's like those chicks that think they are becoming more desirable by becoming ridiculously skinny while guys think it's gross (though women often come to envy them). The exact opposite seems to be the case with male bodybuilding where once that 'line' has been crossed, dudes are impressed but females think it's gross and sexually unappealing.

I just don't believe there's anything healthy about pro-building, and I reckon it's all an image thing. I don't believe the exercises, the food, and the lifestyle is conducive to good health. Sure it might be better than being a sedentary obese man, but that's just about all.
    They say you are what you eat, so I eat chunks of steel and bodybuilders.

nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100) nikokai is not very well liked. (-100)
    do you find women pro b-builders attractive. are they natural

Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Best Answer to a question like this one:

In responding to a question like this one, the best answer is usually to think about the converse: Do you find women body-builders attractive?

I can speak on my behalf, but not yours: Women body-builders are grotesque. Did it take tons of hard work to get their bodies unnaturally bulky like that? Yes. Is it sexy? Hell no.

I believe most men (when I say most I mean 98% of men) would agree.

Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The search function won't help me find a post from 20 minutes ago, and you somehow manage to resurrect a thread from 7 years ago? Just damn.
    One day, maybe not soon, but one day, it will be mine turn to feel the bar bend. One day.

We're all gonna make it Crew
    I'm pretty sure I'm Autistic Crew
    If not Autistic then definitely Aspy Crew
    Used to be obese Crew
    Never going to be shredded Crew
    Never going to be swole Crew
    Keep lifting cause too stubborn to give up Crew

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
    The search function won't help me find a post from 20 minutes ago, and you somehow manage to resurrect a thread from 7 years ago? Just damn.
    This^^

And as a female bb (and speaking for most female bb's on bb.com) we really don't give a flying fuk to what you think is attractive.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000) angrypenguin54 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I thought it was generally accepted that women and most of the public finds the Brad Pitt Fight Club physique or Mathew McConaughey look much more attractive.

It doesnt mean we should stop pursuing the activity we enjoy, just if your motivation is to help pick up women then you are better off keeping a basic level of fitness and working on other things.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Trisk99 View Post
    In responding to a question like this one, the best answer is usually to think about the converse: Do you find women body-builders attractive?

I can speak on my behalf, but not yours: Women body-builders are grotesque. Did it take tons of hard work to get their bodies unnaturally bulky like that? Yes. Is it sexy? Hell no.

I believe most men (when I say most I mean 98% of men) would agree.
    lol @ however you came up with that percentage

Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
    no kidding lol
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, I've been around bodybuilding since 1984, when I was only 12 or so...both my brothers competed as amateurs, and they hung
    around with a lot of CFL players, so I really was immersed in the culture of training. To me, the bodybuilders of the 1960', 70's and 1980's
    up until about 1988 or so looked great...the Lee Labrada's, Samir Bannout, Danny Padilla...tiny waists, great V shape...they looked
    athletic...much like Mens Fitness guys today.

The modern bodybuilders do look awful IMO...huge GH guts, blocky waistlines, and ridiculous size...when I trained in NY, my gym was full of Pro's
    and wannabe Pro's...they all looked the same. And the women....? Go back to Corey Eversons days...women like Anja Langer...totally beautiful
    physiques...but the Pro women today...too much. Just my opinion though...not hating on any of them.
    "Common sense is not so common".

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The top pros today are kind of gross due to overly chemical alerted state, although they are interesting in a way. The bodybuilders from the 60s and 70s era were the GOAT.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by angrypenguin54 View Post
    I thought it was generally accepted that women and most of the public finds the Brad Pitt Fight Club physique or Mathew McConaughey look much more attractive.

It doesnt mean we should stop pursuing the activity we enjoy, just if your motivation is to help pick up women then you are better off keeping a basic level of fitness and working on other things.
    you thought wrong. do you what you think is in your best interest, not some chick, dude or society in general.
    The Ageless Wonder Crew: Client, Player, President.

Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think the funnier thought is 2 girls in Walmart discussing what they think about elite level body builders like they are going to be asked out by a half dozen of them before the day ends.

Are we talking about attractive in an aesthetically pleasing sense or in a I want to snog that sense?
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #68 ▪██─────██▪

Current plan:
    Very organized. Well-coached.
    Goal - be strong and not fat

LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    you thought wrong. do you what you think is in your best interest, not some chick, dude or society in general.

But it's in one's own best interest to be attractive to the other gender.

People who are, are generally much happier in life, have better self esteem and have better relationships.

It's interesting how some people embrace that, and some people reject/resist it.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by scullin View Post
    The top pros today are kind of gross due to overly chemical alerted state, although they are interesting in a way. The bodybuilders from the 60s and 70s era were the GOAT.
    Even in the eighties and even women. We in Finland have Kike Elomaa that was ms. Olympia 1981, and there's nothing grotesque about her.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I find it sadly disappointing that posters on a bodybuilding site would go out of their way to disrespect and discredit the hard work and dedication of other bodybuilders, regardless of gender. But then, that's pretty much what the O35 forum has come to over the past year or so.

As for the dumbass who bumped this ancient thread, enjoy your redness.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LovinLife2014 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    Even in the eighties and even women. We in Finland have Kike Elomaa that was ms. Olympia 1981, and there's nothing grotesque about her.

Not saying she doesn't look good there, but I think it's worth nothing that she looks like she would be attractive with out the body building physique.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LovinLife2014 View Post
    Not saying she doesn't look good there, but I think it's worth nothing that she looks like she would be attractive with out the body building physique.
    she's a bodybuilder, she's doing it for herself. if she wasn't, she wouldn't look like one. you make no sense. please go
    The Ageless Wonder Crew: Client, Player, President.