newbody4me has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need help with this workout!!

I have been in the gym for a month now...and have only lost 5 pounds. I have an important meeting in N.Y. in 36 days....and need to loose about 10-13 pounds before then. My weight loss progress however slow has in turn given me new energy. I am a woman...5'3 ....33 years old....goal 45 pounds to loose.....here is my work out:
    MON>>>>45 minutes Cardio
    15 minutes Abs

Tue>>>>>30 minutes Cardio
    30 min, Bi's, Tri,s Shoulders

Wed>>>>>45 minutes Cardio
    15 abs

Thursday>>30 minutes Cardio
    30 minutes Legs

Friday>>>>>45 minutes Cardio
    15 minutes abs

Saturday>>>30 minutes Cardio
    30 minutes Chest and Back

Sunday>>>>>REST!!!!!

My diet is around 1200 calories...I work 3rd shift in a trauma hospital.....so finding time to eat a meal is hard sometimes...plus I have another job in the afternoon teaching. I try to eat protien when I get up around 3:00. Then I try a bigger meal around 7:00
    then I eat again around 2:00 in the morning....can of tuna, salad, 1 small apple. After my workout...I am starving ....i get home and within 1 1/2 - 2 hours of getting home...I finally get to go to bed. I have been having a protein shake around 7:00 am right after I work out and a 1/2 c. off non fat cottage cheese. Please help me.....not sure what I am doing wrong. Do I need supplements ? What ever it takes I will do.....I am die hard about loosing this weight......it is VERY IMPORTANT. Some one please help!!!!

newbody4me

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Firstly, 5lbs in a month is fantastic! A reasonable goal is 1-2lbs a week.

You are eating far too few calories. I would recommend you increase your calories to at least 1,500. The problem with eating too few calories is your body starts to think it is starving, and as a result, it will hold onto excess fat for dear life! You may lose weight quickly in the beginning but your metabolism will quickly slow.

No you don't need supplements - you just need to be realistic about your goals and eat properly - 5-6 small meals a day, every 2-3 hrs is optimal.

Your training looks fine, just make sure you are doing your weights before your cardio.