magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

protein intake per meal?

i read the sticky by poppa pump and somewhere in the middle he mentioned that the body can only process 30g protein per meal. now i know this is hotly contested but do you guys believe in this? i mean i'm 155lbs around and i plan to get at least 300g protein a day. but following him, it will take me 10 meals! ridiculous.
    for those bigger dudes who need 500g protein, they would need to add extra hours in the day to eat that often!

just curious on your guys' opinions

miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) miles1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You dont need 300 grams of protein.I would say 220 at most.

CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CJTEX22006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Last time I read, it could process up to 50 depending on what kind. I'm pretty sure its 50 grams not 30. As for me I take about 100g of protein/day in just the protein shakes I eat imbetween meals and probably another 150 from my meals.(6)

Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by miles1 View Post
    You dont need 300 grams of protein.I would say 220 at most.
    He might, it depends on how many calories he needs to eat a day. I eat 283g of protein. My ratio is 33/48/19 and I eat 3,400 calories a day. So if he needed to eat 3,500 caloires and was going for a 40/40/20 he would probably need more than 300g.
    Magicmatt: "Robert Horry's on court performance is better than Lebron James."

BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10) BiigJohn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some formula's bodybuilder use are 1 gram of protein per body weight and if you are bulk anywhere from 1.5 to 2 grams.

If you are 155lbs you should have 30-35grams of protein per meal (6 meals a day) if you want to bulk.

iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketodoit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BiigJohn View Post
    Some formula's bodybuilder use are 1 gram of protein per body weight and if you are bulk anywhere from 1.5 to 2 grams.

If you are 155lbs you should have 30-35grams of protein per meal (6 meals a day) if you want to bulk.
    Actually... if you're cutting, then you need more protein to mantain so you don't lose muscle...

magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10) magnetix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    can someone tel me why carbs are so much more than protein? oi thought bodybuilders needed protein to build muscle so it made more sense to me to get more of them. what exactly are the point of carbs other than glycogen recovery?

needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250) needthepump has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am 200 right now and i try to take in anywhere from 250-300 grams a day, i take it in anyway i can get it tuna, chiken, shakes whereever i just make sure i get roughly 250-300
    Im a solider of the apocalypse

Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sick96stang is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by magnetix View Post
    can someone tel me why carbs are so much more than protein? oi thought bodybuilders needed protein to build muscle so it made more sense to me to get more of them. what exactly are the point of carbs other than glycogen recovery?
    Niether is more important than the other, you need proper amounts of both.

Carbohydrates assist the muscle building process in a couple ways. Carbohydrates spare amino acids from oxidation by providing a more readily available source of stored energy. When carbohydrates are ingested, they are first broken down (if need be) into monosaccarides in the stomach, and then released into the bloodstream. The cells receptors sense the rise in blood sugar and the body releases insulin to transport the saccarides into the cell.

Insulin attaches to GLUT receptors on the cell, which causes a conformational change in the receptor, causing the cell to open and allow the saccaride molecules into the cell. Once inside the cell, these saccarides are polymerized into glycogen. Glycogen is long branched chains of glucose polymers and is a stored form of energy for the cell. When the body needs energy, these chains can be broken down, and the glucose can be released to supply the cell with energy.

Glycogen Formula
    If glycogen levels are low, the body will oxidize proteins (amino acids) and fats for energy. This means you will be losing amino acids to oxidation which could be used for muscle protein synthesis. The body also stores 2.7g of water per gram of glycogen. A rise in protein synthesis is seen with increased cell volume and one of the reasons for this may be that the body will retain more amino acids inside the cell to maintain the concentration gradient across the lipid bilayer. Therefore, more amino acids will be available for protein synthesis and the rate of protein synthesis will increase accordingly.

Ingesting carbohydrates is also hormonally anabolic. As I stated earlier, carbohydrate intake causes insulin release. Insulin is a very anabolic hormone, it drives more nutrients (including amino acids) into cells by allowing them more openings on the cell to enter through. (once again, oversimplified, but effective for our purposes.) In addition, insulin has been found to be a limiting factor in muscle protein synthesis and also prevents protein breakdown (4,5,6,7,8,9).

Insulin

Insulin also inhibits the action of catabolic hormones such as glucogen and cortisol, the main catabolic hormone released during intense exercise sessions (10). Due to its anabolic and anti-catabolic effects, one can clearly see that insulin is a very useful tool in stimulating muscle protein synthesis. The hormone article will go into more depth into this subject.

Carbohydrates are also helpful in maintaining stored glycogen levels. Low glycogen levels can increase fatigue while training, leading to less productive workouts and lower energy levels. Lifting heavy weights is an anaerobic activity and requires ATP. ATP energy of hydrolysis is used to power many cellular functions including muscle contraction. Your body has very little stored ATP as it is a transient carrier of energy. The body prefers to produce ATP on demand.

After your stored ATP is used and your muscles use up their stored phosphocreatine , the body will begin to break down glycogen in order to produce ATP to provide the body with more energy. One can then see why low muscle glycogen stores would not be advantageous to people who lift with high intensity. Intense lifting sessions can deplete as much as 40% of the stored muscle glycogen! Therefore, eating carbohydrates throughout the day to keep muscle glycogen high is very important.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne23.htm
    Magicmatt: "Robert Horry's on court performance is better than Lebron James."