Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

JLE's fitness quest 2004

I have met my original goal set on October 23, 2003. I am 170 lbs size 12. In 12 weeks I lost 32 pounds and went from a size 18 to a size 12. I made through Thanksgiving and Christmas and still lost. I am so pleased with my progress and ready for the next challenge in 2004 - So here goes...

My new goals are as follows:
    1. Max an Army PT test by 5/30/04
    80+ sit-ups / 2 min
    50+ push-ups/ 2 min
    2 mile run under 16:30 (this will be tough, I'm not fast)
    2. Lose 5% more Body Fat. Desirable range of 20-22%
    3. Gain strenghth and definition all over
    4 Maintain and improve overall fitness level
    5. Complete Personal Training Certification by 10/04

My training is working, but I feel like I am over doing it, so I am going to intergrate more "intense" workouts and more rest time.
    (need to sleep more). I'm pretty happy with my upper body, (except for my shrunken breasts) and want to see more results below the navel. I'm genetically predisposed to the pear shape with heavy hips and thighs. I know I may not be able to change my basic shape completely, but I can certainly make improvements.

I have access to the wt room at the school where I work -dumbbells, bars w/ plates, bench, preacher curl station, bike, and elliptical.

At home I have workout videos, elastic bands - lt, med, heavy, fitness ball, lateral thigh trainer, nordic track, dumbells 3,5,8,10 and a Firm fanny lifter step

Nutrition is a complex issue since I live and work in a remote Eskimo village in the Arctic (Alaska). All food (hell, everygthing)has to be flown in by plane. Produce is very hard to come by. Food is very expensive, I pay $5.00 for a carton of 18 eggs. I'm looking to find a more economical way to help in the food/nutrition department. I do have a freezer full of moose meat, which is very lean, and here in about a month I can go fishing for shee fish, which is a white fish, similar to trout or halibut. For carbs, I usaully eat rice (white and brown), potatoes, and oatmeal. I treat myself to a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter ( I need to get the natural kind), and add whole flax seed to my oatmeal. I use a little bit of olive oil in my cooking. I try to eat as much veggies as I can (frozen) broccoli, stir-fry type, green beans, and spinach. I usually eat one piece of fruit per day, apple, banana, grapefruit. I drink 1-2 gallons H2o daily and stay away from sodium, sugar, white flour I'm shooting for 2000 Kcal, and need to up my prot to get to 40-40-20. I'm planning payday cheat-days where I can have treat mid and end of month.

I am trying to become more faithful to my training and eating log. I developed a new one yesterday. I use fitday.com to analyze what's going on.

Anyway that is my situation. I will be posting update and pics periodically. Here is my current pic.
    Last edited by jle; 01-25-2004 at 11:52 AM.
    POWER UP!!!
    ...and His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength...
    Ephesians 1:19

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: JLE's fitness quest 2004

Welcome

Journalling is a great way to keep on track with things - I look forward to reading about your journey!

Good luck!

playmaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Ur transformation is amazing! U see it when u belive it!!!

Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome JLE!!

You look wonderful! Congrats on your transformation!

I am also trying to achive similar goals for the next 12 weeks and am also keeping a journal here. For now I am following the Body For Life program which is a 40-40-20 split with weight training 3x week and interval training 3x a week. CUrrently I am 5'3 and weigh 140 with 28-30% bf so I'd also like to get mine to 20-22%. I'll be estatic if I lose 20lb in 12 weeks!!!

I've gotten lazy with my online journal but will be picking it up again this week! I look forward to seeing how your next stage goes and wish you the best! (And keep warm!!)

Lucy

bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bufchk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome job on your progress already!!! Very inspiring to me to see people change dramatically.

jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10) jle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink On my way

When I look in the mirror I'm pleased with my progress, but still I see that much more I can acheive. Thank you for all your positve comments and advice.

Yesterday - I started logging my food/training log into fitday.com. I'm going to try to keep that going every 2-3 days. I designed a new training program. Sort of a 3 day split with wt. training, 2 cardio days (HIIT and AFPT training) , one circuit training, and one day of complete rest. I'm going to try it out and see how my body recacts (+ or -) Hmmm?
    I'm going to cut back on the Cardio as many have advised me to do, and up the strength training, hopefully I can continue to lose fat in the process.

Since I have a hard time getting groceries, I went ahead and ordered some whey supplements (shake mix and Any Whey). I'll try those out.

Today, I'm wearing my "skinny" outfit and have never felt better. I have never been this size (well, not since age 13) I think if I reach my goals I will even drop one more pants size.
    Still mouring the loss of my breasts. I used to be a C now I'm somewhere between an A and and B. Oh well, we can't all be busty babes (lol). I'm thinking of getting those silcon inserts you put into your bra or swimsuit.

I'll post my training program tomorrow, I left it at home.

If you are reading this, have a great day and train hard!
    POWER UP!!!
    ...and His incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of His mighty strength...

LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000) LadyStarlight is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Wow, jle, you have such a great attitude! I feel for how much you have to pay for your food! Well, the moose meat is nutritionally great, at least, isn't it? Guess access to that and the fish must reduce costs! You seem pretty interesting....a remote Eskimo village! I responsed to your other thread, but just poked my nose in here again....you impress me!

Mary

Trying out HIIT

I decided to re-vamp my training schedule and try some new things.

Here it is:
    Sunday - Circuit w/ wts and Cardio intervals
    Monday - Delts, , Bis, Chest & Calves
    Tuesday - ABs, Core, HIIT 10, run 20, 20 elliptical
    Wednesday - Gluts, Tris, Back, Pushups, Hams
    Thursday - REST
    Friday-Abs-Core, HIIT 10, Run 20 , Elliptical 20
    Saturday - all legs and gluts

I've already begun to lift "heavier" and "harder", and I'm sure feeling it the next day.

Pulled my R trap and neck is stiff and a little sore, I will have to see how it is in the morining. I seem to always injure that same muscle. I can't turn my head and when my neck hurts it's hard to do anything.

Eating plan is going well - still mulling over how to incorporate some treats, (fat-free sugar free pudding, popcorn, sugar-free cocoa) So far I've kept them at bay, I'm trying to eat as cleanly as I can.

Lately, my appetite has really increased, after my meal I'm hungry again in nearly an hour. My stomach is achy. Sometimes I feel like I'm having low blood sugar, (flighty and not thinking clearly). I'm eating CHO at every snack and meal. My appetite isn't ever satisified. I try to wait at least 2.5 hours between eating.
    Should I up my portions or eat every 2 hours instead???? Should I add a little more fat in for saity (sp?) sake. Right now, my fat is coming from 1 egg yolk (b-fast) and 2 TBS of peanut butter (a.m. snack) and the small amount from chicken breasts and moose meat.

That's all for now - JLE
    POWER UP!!!

Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hibiscus09 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pulled my R trap and neck is stiff and a little sore, I will have to see how it is in the morining. I seem to always injure that same muscle. I can't turn my head and when my neck hurts it's hard to do anything.

Be careful with that -- oh, and welcome! I ended up with rotator cuff problems after getting that "can't turn my head" injury a few times. You might want to try some rotator cuff exercises and take glucosamine/MSM. Mostly, give it a rest.

By the way, your transformation is amazing! You are doing great!

I would have a hard time doing that run in that time also! I seem to be stuck everytime I try to run at a 10 minute mile. I guess I'm just not a runner. LOL

injuries and Rot.Cuff

yeah, bummer about injuries. I teach kindergarten and its really hard to keep an eye on all the little buggers, when I can't turn my head quickly to keep up LOL

My RCs are weak and I'm working them in with my shoulder routine.
    POWER UP!!!

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: On my way

Looking great Jle!

Sunday - Circuit w/ wts and Cardio intervals
    Monday - Delts, , Bis, Chest & Calves
    Tuesday - ABs, Core, HIIT 10, run 20, 20 elliptical
    Wednesday - Gluts, Tris, Back, Pushups, Hams
    Thursday - REST
    Friday-Abs-Core, HIIT 10, Run 20 , Elliptical 20
    Saturday - all legs and gluts
    This looks ok... I think you might be hitting your legs a little too often though - why not consider something a like:

Sun - Curcuit/cardio
    Mon - Chest, Bis, shoulders
    Tues - Abs, cardio
    Wed - Tris, back
    Thurs - Rest
    Fri - Abs, Cardio
    Sat - Legs

Eating plan is going well - still mulling over how to incorporate some treats, (fat-free sugar free pudding, popcorn, sugar-free cocoa) So far I've kept them at bay, I'm trying to eat as cleanly as I can.
    Don't neglect the occasional treat! You deserve it and it stops those major pigouts!

Lately, my appetite has really increased, after my meal I'm hungry again in nearly an hour. My stomach is achy. Sometimes I feel like I'm having low blood sugar, (flighty and not thinking clearly). I'm eating CHO at every snack and meal. My appetite isn't ever satisified. I try to wait at least 2.5 hours between eating.
    Should I up my portions or eat every 2 hours instead???? Should I add a little more fat in for saity (sp?) sake. Right now, my fat is coming from 1 egg yolk (b-fast) and 2 TBS of peanut butter (a.m. snack) and the small amount from chicken breasts and moose meat.
    This is probably due to your more active muscle mass... Woo hoo!

I would just play around with your diet until you are happy - What are your macro ratios like at the moment? If your fat is already at about 20% then it should be ok for satiety. How much fibrous/green vegetables are you eating? Increasing your portions of these can also help.

Still mouring the loss of my breasts.
    Phooey is what I say - who needs breasts when you have biceps

Keep it up!

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Re: On my way

Originally posted by Emma-Leigh

Phooey is what I say - who needs breasts when you have biceps

Oh Emma, that is fantastic! I think I should get that made into a T-shirt!!!!!!!

Talking booby t-shirt

LOL - -- a t-shirt I love it!

Thanks gals!

Emma - Leigh thanks for all your input. I'm all on my own up here so I really need the advice and suport!
    POWER UP!!!

Re: booby t-shirt

Originally posted by jle
    LOL - -- a t-shirt I love it!

Thanks gals!

Emma - Leigh thanks for all your input. I'm all on my own up here so I really need the advice and suport!
    Maybe we should use it as our Female BB Forum logo

You are really doing well Jle - trust your instincts and your body. You know you can do it as you have done so much all ready - it is just about keeping that 'mind' over 'fat matter' attitude.

Also, remember it is not always about working HARDER, but about working SMARTER. 2 hours of working out/day, can often be less effective than 1hr a day - you just have to balance things out. Keep training hard and heavy and be honest with yourself. If you are not feeling the burn and it doesn't hurt as you stumble out of the gym after your workout, then ask yourself 'Could I have done more?'.

In regards to your fat loss: The best weapon you have is your muscles - build your muscles and get them active and you will find your body will drop fat and keep it off.

If you have any questions just ask and us girls will help out as much as we can!

Wink rest day

Rest day - (I don't want to but I'm gonna) I feel like I need to workout everyday, I'm a little "addicted" and feel like "ugh" when I don't workout. Today, I'm feeling the effects of the increased strength training, (biceps, triceps especially). (whoo baby)

Yesterday was good, a couple of the high school girls even complimented me and wondered what I was doing to lose so much wt. It felt good to have them watching me working out, (in disbelief) hopefully I can inspire some of these young women to take fitness into consideration. I've been thinking of starting an afterschool fitness club, but I'm wondering if I'll spend more time keeping the kids "out of trouble" than working out. ?????

That's all for now -
    POWER UP!!!

Wink on the right path

I've finally caught logging all my training log info into fitday. It seems the easiest online anyaysis to use right now. I'm doing well. My ratios are running about 40-35-25 (Cho, prot, fat) I'm trying to up the prot and minus a few carbs and fat. My whey supplement came in so I am trying a shake mid-morning and pre-workout along with some carb (1/2 Cup). I will weigh in on Sunday and measure too. I ordered a tanita scale that also does body fat. Even if it isn't accurate at least I will have a baseline and be able to montior my progress thoughout this journey. That's all for now.
    POWER UP!!!

Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000) Gator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well Teach..
    Looks like yer on yer way..Congrats on all you done so far, great improvements..
    And rest days are needed, it all takes time..
    Let yerself heal..
    Keep at it and good luck !!

Gator
    Damn greens are like kryptonite this year !!!!

Talking Super Circuit Sunday

Whoo - whee! What a great workout this morning. Luuuuuvved IT! I'm feeeeelin it! Do you guys get that "high"? I have to make myself stop or I'll just keep on going!

I'm staying on track. Last night I waited to0 long to eat dinner and ended on eating almost 2 dinners, but total Kcal for day was still under 2500. My average for the week was

KCAL -2047
    FAT 44g- 21%
    ChO 262g- 47%
    Prot 159g- 33%

Fitday reported that I was burning about 3400 kcals (avg) so that's 1400 deficit, theroretically I should have lost at least 3 pounds. I think that the energy expenditure must be high. I'm not worrying about what the scale say so much, the mirror, pictures and the measuring tape are what I'm gauging my progress from.

Dang - I'm feelin (and lovin) it!
    POWER UP!!!

Cool pretty good day

Had a good ab workout this morning followed by some bellydancing.

Good eats for B-fast - 2 TBS peanut butter, scoop choc whey and banana all creamed together - YUM!

Great afternoon workout
    shoulders, chest, and triceps followed 30 min run and 20 minutes (modified HIIT) on the elliptical. Once I get started I don't want to stop! Man I feel great!

I'm just going to keep having the "best day" I can, one day at a time.
    POWER UP!!!

Lightbulb updated training schedule

Sun. Total body ciruit/cardio interval training total 60 min

Mon. A.M. ABs, Core, Belly dance
    P.M. Chest, shoulders, tris, run 20-30, elliptical (HIIT) 20

Tues. A.M. Yoga/Stretch
    P.M Legs/ elliptical (heavy resist/incine) 20

Wed. A.M. ABs, Core, ballwork
    P.M. AFPT training, run, sit-ups, push-ups, bike

Thurs. REST

Fri . A.M. abs, core, ballwork
    P.M. Back, biceps, run 25 min, 25 (HIIT)

Sat. Super Cardio run 20-Bike 15-elliptical 25

What do you guys think - still too much cardio??? I feel so good afterward...

I'm trying to cut out my carbs in the evening, making my last carbs my post-workout snack. But this morning I woke, didn't do my usually workout (of some sort) had to do mid-term report cards for work instead. when I got to work I was so HUNGRY! I ate about half my cals for the day by btween b-fast and mid-morn snack. I'm trying to stay on track now.

Cheat days- should I incorporate those? I'd rather have a little treat daily - either Pre or post workout...

When I'm training multi-muscle groups, do I start or end the workout with the smaller muscles ???? For examle, Calves first or at the end of a leg workout. Does it matter??
    Last edited by jle; 02-03-2004 at 12:45 PM.
    POWER UP!!!

imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think it is still too much cardio...... I don't understand how anyone could do HIIT AFTER a 20-30min run! HIIT is meant to be super-difficult and intensive, such that you have definitely had enough within 20-25mins.... just think how much better your HIIT workouts would be if you dropped the cardio before hand.

Like you, I prefer to have small treats every day or every couple of days than one big cheat day. It works for me.

When working multiple muscle groups, always work the largest muscle groups first and leave the smaller ones for last.

Thanks Lou - well I don't run that fast, and my HIIT is modified(not as extreme as outlined) , I suppose it's more moderate to high interval training, but my HR still stays up around 140-145ish for 20 minutes. Too hard???? (I'm 30)

Took my resting HR this am before rolling of bed 48/min. I've always had a slower pulse, my heart must be really squeezing!

Total 'bingefest' last night, I was sooooo famished. PMS and a hard workout. I just said "screw it" and ate until I was so full... I'll count yesterday as my cheat. Too many cals, but still in the right ratios!

My tanita scale/ body fat analyzer arrived yesterday. It said I weighed 165 lbs , 33% BF (uh, I don't think soo) . It warned the useer that it wasn't calibrated for athletes (people who train more than 10 hours a week, with resting HR less than 60) (which I fall into). So I will just use it as a scale, and not give too much "weight "to the BF% pardon the pun
    POWER UP!!!

Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ms. Lucy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Girl!

You know, I should probably not rely on my scale for BF either. I have calipers, but I'm not sure if I'm doing them right. Might try digital!

Anyways, about your "binge"...don't you feel so sluggish afterwards? Now that I've tried to split my meals into 6/day, if I eat anything close to a "normal" portion size from before, I'm so exhauted!!! I did that at a restaurant on my cheat day a few weeks ago and was sleeping a half hour later!!! Now I love eating and feeling slightly hungry (satisfied) just 2-3 hours later!

Thanks for the link! Now I just need a cool belly dancing outfit! (in 11 weeks or so! lol)

Lucy

Angry I'm so freakin hungry!

aaaauuuuuggghhh! I'm so hungry late afternoon and post-workout. I don't know what's going on. I'm eating every 2.5-3 hours prot/cho sometimes a fat. I have post-workout snack of whey mixed with Meal replacement shake, and a piece of fruit, but 2 hours later, I'm ready to clean out the pantry. I've been trying cut the carbs out in the evenings. I'm hoping this is just PMS (5 days away) and the "hungries" go away.

My kcals are about 2000-2300 in the 40-40-20 range. In my job, I'm constantly on the go, I might sit a total of 60 minutes during the school day. I'm doing am and pm workouts, morning are pretty light though, evenings are lifting followed by cardio.

Do you guys think I should cut back on exercising and see if my appetiite slows down? or maybe just wait until after my cycle?

I'm eating the right foods - I just feel like I'm eating too much lately!

Today I did Tae-Bo 40 min, abs 20 in the am
    pm- biceps, back 30 min, HIIT for 15, followed by 30 min of easier intervals on elliptical. I want to burn this fat off!
    i need more patience I guess....
    POWER UP!!!

Wow--that's a lot of exercise!

Hey JLE!

I'm certainly no expert, but it seems to me like you're exercising way too much! Generally, I've read and heard that anything more than 1 hour, and you actually start to lose the benefits!Especially if you're throwing in HIIT in the middle of it. If you do a really effective HIIT for 20 minutes, you probably don't need the extra 30 mins of the elliptical!

Also, you must have some kick a** abs! I can never train mine more than 5 minutes!lol

As for the foods--I get outta control hungry before my period! Could be a combination of that plus all the training you're doing!

Anywho--you've been making awesome progress, I'd hate to see you lose further progress from overtraing! So enjoy where you're at (did you think you'd get to where you are today 12 weeks ago?) the weight WILL come off!

Lucy

Yes I gotta agree with Lucy. Your cals are not what I would call low, so you either gotta eat more or cut back on exercising so much! Only one cardio session a day!

Talking more calories???

eat more??? (oh goody)

hunger pangs are subsiding -whew!

Well I think I figured out part of the problem, I was running out of veggies and not getting enough of them . My frozen food order arrived, and now I have broccoli, broccoli normandy, Orietal veggies and frozen fruit (HOORAY) Also, I'm finding that after I consure a whey/H2o shake I get really hungry 1.5 hours later. I think it metabolizes too quickly for me. I've also been really tapering the carbs off in the evening and I think that's making me feel hungrier.

I'm going back to the eating plan I did that got me here. Prot and carbs at every meal and snack. I'm just going to bump up the "good fats" a bit and still shoot for 2000 cals - at about 45-35-20. Carbs don't seem to effect my metabolism like other people, I can really tell when I cut back on them (low blood sugar/ hypoglycemic symptoms).

I'm tapering off the cardio and bumping up the weights.
    POWER UP!!!

It sounds like you have it all worked out! Sounds good to me!

Like you, I need more carbs than some other girls. I find I crash if I don't get at least 150g per day.

no wt loss past 2 weeks

I haven't lost any wt the last 2 weeks. -frustrated- My goal is trim down the fat, and then build up muscle if I want to later. I'm struggling, how do I burn more cals. I'm already working out too much! I really don't want to cut my cals lower either. Anyone out there tried carb rotatating? I'm unsure about starting. 1. I like carbs 2. It is very hard for me to get fibrous veggies/carbs. 3. so much planning involved...

My body is looking pretty good and measurements have come down slightly. I'm going to track my BF% more closer over the next 4 weeks and see waht happens

Impatient me -
    POWER UP!!!

no wt loss past 2 weeks

I haven't lost any wt the last 2 weeks. -frustrated- My goal is trim down the fat, and then build up muscle if I want to later. I'm struggling, how do I burn more cals. I'm already working out too much! I really don't want to cut my cals lower either. Anyone out there tried carb rotatating? I'm unsure about starting. 1. I like carbs 2. It is very hard for me to get fibrous veggies/carbs. 3. so much planning involved...

My body is looking pretty good and measurements have come down slightly. I'm going to track my BF% more closer over the next 4 weeks and see waht happens

Impatient me -
    POWER UP!!!