Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

AnabolicPhyscho is on a distinguished road. (+10)

100mg of zinc a day okay?

hi guys ive been doing this for a week and wanted to know if its okay?

Stats: 6'0", 230 lbs
    BodyPoints: 6801
    sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit sawastea's BodySpace

Talking Re: 100mg of zinc a day okay?

Originally posted by AnabolicPhyscho
    hi guys ive been doing this for a week and wanted to know if its okay?
    Great website:

Facts on Zinc
    I am Adam, Prince of Eternia, defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer, my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said: "By the power of Greyskull, I have the power!" Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat, and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure

Smile

sawastea your the man dont ever leave this website lol the fitness people and bbers need your knowledge man.

Unhappy

but the link didnt answer my question, all i need is a yes or no, is 100mg of zinc per day good yes or no??

sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sawastea has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Zinc toxicity has been seen in both acute and chronic forms. Intakes of 150 to 450 mg of zinc per day have been associated with low copper status, altered iron function, reduced immune function, and reduced levels of high-density lipoproteins (the good cholesterol) (34). One case report cited severe nausea and vomiting within 30 minutes after the person ingested four grams of zinc gluconate (570 mg elemental zinc) (35). In 2001 the National Academy of Sciences established tolerable upper levels (UL), the highest intake associated with no adverse health effects, for zinc for infants, children, and adults (2). The ULs do not apply to individuals who are receiving zinc for medical treatment, but it is important for such individuals to be under the care of a medical doctor who will monitor for adverse health effects. The 2001 Upper Levels for infants, children and adults are (2):

It states that the upper levels should be in the 40mg area.

If I had to vote, based on what I just read, I think 100mg of zinc is too much
    I am Adam, Prince of Eternia, defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer, my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said: "By the power of Greyskull, I have the power!" Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat, and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure

it says 150-450 so i assume 100 cant realy be too bad right?

Cool

Check out the graph that is 1/2 down the page...

It talks and shows the "Upper Levels"

I wouldn't make it a habit of consuming too much zinc...

That's just me

Good luck

personally sawastea im sixteen yrs old, so do you think there could be anything wrong with me using 100mg of zinc personally do you think i will be okay?

Originally posted by AnabolicPhyscho
    personally sawastea im sixteen yrs old, so do you think there could be anything wrong with me using 100mg of zinc personally do you think i will be okay?
    Unfortuantely, AnabolicPhyscho, I'm not too familiar with all the side-effects of zinc and how much is too much. I do know that I consume anywhere from 30-40mg a day, based on my multi-vitamins plus the foods I eat.

I really do hope someone chimes in here as well as in the supplements forum with a better answer then what I can come up with.

My only question is what is so magical about 100mg and how/what are you doing to get to it?