AnabolicPhyscho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

zma or just plain zinc for testosterone boost?

a lot of people say to get zma for a test boost for the main reason that is has zinc, but i dont see how zma would work any better than a plain old zinc supllement? any suggestions on which one is better for test boost?

Message Board King BallerPimp69's Avatar
    BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BallerPimp69 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    zma is cheap as heck (in price), i dont see y people think ull save all thsi $ using just zinc, theres not even large amounts of money that can be saved, cuz u dont have to spend much on zma, its cheaper than protein, anyway i would sya just pick up a good zma product, i like z force by dymatize
    U might be able to lift more than me, but ill break ur ankles on the court

axehole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heres my answer: plain zinc.

Never have i taken zma and noticed any effects. i think this is largely because im sleeping at the time.

if you want crazy effects, take 4-6-even 8 zinc zinc propionate in a day. I used to pop 3-4 pills of zinc propionate before lifting, then 2 chelated copper pills during, then 15 min. later, id pop 2 more zinc , then after lifting id pop 1-2 more zinc, then a copper later on.

If you want zinc and copper combined, zinc picolinate is for you.

You dont have to take this much to gain effects. Its just the harder you train, the harder you gain. <---- disagree?

It's proven that after 30-45 min. of intense workout, your body's testosterone levels are low. This is when catabolism sets in, where your muscles are actually being eaten instead of fed.
    So if you train real hard, real long, such as in lifting and wrestling,
    i couldnt suggest a better supplement for testosterone support and anti-catabolic effects.
    Im gonna be a daddy!!!

I just signed up for our country's navy. Wish me luck..... I'm training to be a U.S. Seal.

Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Greater Knox BB 06 , 8 of 13 , Novice.

Battle At The River 07 , 5 of 7 , JMW

Greater Knox classic 07 , 8 of 9 JMW

Battle at the River 08 , 4 of 4 JMW Masters crossover

cage fight record 1-1
    1st fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEGcQZCtgV4

2nd fight vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6dZyZbUZc4

E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make your own. ZMA is nothing more than Zinc, Magnesium, and Vitamin B-6. You can get a bottle of those three at Walmart for $2.74 each. I noticed how a lot of supplements like even BCAA can be found at Walmart and make your own for dirt cheap. You just got to shop around.

morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by BallerPimp69
    zma is cheap as heck (in price), i dont see y people think ull save all thsi $ using just zinc, theres not even large amounts of money that can be saved, cuz u dont have to spend much on zma, its cheaper than protein, anyway i would sya just pick up a good zma product, i like z force by dymatize
    I have to agee ...I used hp by eas which also has 200mg of NAC plus some more vitamins.

llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't remember where I saw it on here, but on bb.com there was an article saying that ZMA is better than buying the vitamins alone because the zinc and mag. is in an altered form called aspartate, which is supposed to be more absorbable than the normal vitamin itself.
    Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill a million and you are a conquerer. Kill them all and you are God

If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.

llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50) llamabob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Found one reference

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bigj4.htm

"An important thing to note is that the zinc and magnesium must be in the aspartate form, not the chelate, sulfate, or citrate form commonly found in multivitamins."
    Kill one man and you are a murderer. Kill a million and you are a conquerer. Kill them all and you are God

If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat.

AnabolicPhyscho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by axehole
    heres my answer: plain zinc.

Never have i taken zma and noticed any effects. i think this is largely because im sleeping at the time.

if you want crazy effects, take 4-6-even 8 zinc zinc propionate in a day. I used to pop 3-4 pills of zinc propionate before lifting, then 2 chelated copper pills during, then 15 min. later, id pop 2 more zinc , then after lifting id pop 1-2 more zinc, then a copper later on.

If you want zinc and copper combined, zinc picolinate is for you.

You dont have to take this much to gain effects. Its just the harder you train, the harder you gain. <---- disagree?

It's proven that after 30-45 min. of intense workout, your body's testosterone levels are low. This is when catabolism sets in, where your muscles are actually being eaten instead of fed.
    So if you train real hard, real long, such as in lifting and wrestling,
    i couldnt suggest a better supplement for testosterone support and anti-catabolic effects.
    about how many miligrams does this equate to max allowed per day?

axehole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    your body really absorbs as much as it needs. As in weightlifting, your body's gonna take up alot more than if youre a classic couch potato.

zinc has a tendency to decrease copper levels, and copper is another mineral that effects testosterone. This is your body trying to balance out.

So you need to supplement with CHELATED copper, too. Not ionized copper. something zma doesn't have is the chelated copper.

The difference between zma and regular zinc and magnesium isnt the aspartate.... its the monomethionine. Monomethionine helps your body store these minerals better, thus making them much more effective.

This is what i did last year.

Wake up---3g creatine--- eat big breakfast--- go lift---take some zinc--- take some zinc before afternoon lift---take a little more zinc while lifting--- take some more after lifting--- take some copper before dinner----3g creatine with dinner---take zma before bed.

You can still use zma and use copper too. ZMA runs around 30-40 bucks a month, but three bottles of zinc,copper,and magnesium will cost less than 10 in a month. i just took my magnesium in the zma and didnt bother with a straight pill of it. so it just cost me around 7 bucks a month.

Make sure to schedule your milk drinking around the times you take zinc. dont take zinc with milk!!!

if you think it wont work, it REALLY worked for me.. no prohormones, no nothing except zinc,zma,copper, and creatine. and some whey protein,too.

i went from 225 on bench to 315 in 3 months. went from 225 to 400 on squat in the same time.

to bad i slacked off over the summer... i could be a beast now... back to where i was..............
    Im gonna be a daddy!!!

I just signed up for our country's navy. Wish me luck..... I'm training to be a U.S. Seal.

morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) morigu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good info axehole thanks.