In The Realm of Ooshwabla xenithon's Avatar
    xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Pasta - Which One Is Better?

Hi There,

I am trying to get some variety for clean, low GI carb sources (apart from oats, buckwheat, basmati rice and yams). Lentils are ok but my body does not cope with them or beans too well so I tend to stay away from them. I love pasta, but I have heard so much that its terrible and has a high GI! More recently though it seems that pasta is actually good and low GI as long as it is made from certain ingredients. I wanted to check which ingredients exactly. Is it 100% whole wheat semolina? Is it 100% durum wheat? Is it 100% durum wheat semolina (if there is a difference at all)? It's so confusing. For example here in SA I can get a specially low GI pasta (http://www.fineform.co.za/fineform.htm). Is that ok? Is normal durum wheat pasta better, like this (http://www.woolworths.co.za/Caissa2a...=0000020074555) or durum wheat semolina like this (http://www.woolworths.co.za/Caissa2a...=0000020074548)

I know it seems like too much trouble for one little choice but just wanted to ensure I get the right thing.

Thanks!

subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was just about to post a question about this too. I read on bb.com that pasta is low GI if it is cooked for less than 5 mins. I cannot seem to find pasta that can be cooked in less than 7! And anyway, I don't understand why cooking for longer can change the GI?

and by the way...lekker boet, hoe gaan dit?...am also south african, in the UK at the moment though

Professional Eater Dedicatedforlife's Avatar
    Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    But Fresh Pasta! Cooks in 2 min....

subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50) subby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fresh pasta? so then I take it dried pasta is not a good thing?

In The Realm of Ooshwabla xenithon's Avatar
    xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    on the contrary, fresh pasta has a higher GI since it uses plain flour, plus it has fat (I separate carbs and fats) from olive oil and eggs.

Professional Eater Dedicatedforlife's Avatar
    Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dedicatedforlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All depends what kind, the local bakery here sells fresh pasta made from ONLY dark rye flour, egg whites, and salt.....its awesome!

cjdawg1069 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm pretty sure just like bread you can either get Wheat or white (flour). So if you get wheat noodles/pasta it's not so bad. Same with rice, white rice/brown rice.
    Amen to water

scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) scrawny-nomore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wheat product are not allways low on the GI scale!!! I know that most whole wheat whole grain breads are like mid 60's on the GI scale.
    I am a CHRISTIAN and let me tell you it is not easy! People say if they could SEE what I believe then they too would believe....but I say that we see it everyday yet people still dont believe. Therefore, one has to believe by faith alone and that is what makes it so hard to be a Christian.

It is a tough battle to fight alone so if any of you needs someone to talk to.....shoot me a pm.