triso07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Workout routine for girlfriend ?

Hi All,

My girlfriend hates working out, but has wanted to begin for a long period of time now. Her goal is to tone up her stomach and legs and lose a minimal amount of weight. Now i know in order to tone up and lose some weight cardio is very necessary. She only wants to workout her legs and her stomach, what kind of split should she being doing for the exercises, and when and for how long should she run on the treadmill ?

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I assume she (incorrectly) believes that fat can be "spot-reduced".
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

triso07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

She was one of those people that used to buy into all the bull**** (workout machines, diet pills) whatever the hype was. She is already thin, she just wanted to add toning, and lose a minimal amount of weight. I would tell her numerous times that what she was doing was incorrect and that she would not meet her goal this way. Needless to say after multiple products, and no gain, she seems to have finally come to her senses, and believes me. She wants me to help her, so i figured i would ask for some good advice from the forum.

ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For fat loss, she needs to do cardio. HIT is probably the best way to go. Maybe 3x weekly. Got to take care of the diet at the same time though.

Definitely get her on a weight lifting routine too. Stick to compounds.

I don't think she should neglect upper body work though. Tell her toned arms look sexy on a woman. Here's what I have my gf on right now (2x weekly)

Squats 3x10
    SLDL 3x10
    DB Shoulder Press 2x10
    Pulldowns 2x10
    Chest Dips 2x10
    BB Rows 2x10
    Standing Calf 2x10
    Abs

For cardio she does aerobics and martial arts.

Will probably cut the sets down a bit once I get her intensity up.
    36 years old
    150 lbs
    7% bf

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by ahadabans
    For fat loss, she needs to do cardio. HIT is probably the best way to go. Maybe 3x weekly. Got to take care of the diet at the same time though.

Definitely get her on a weight lifting routine too. Stick to compounds.

I don't think she should neglect upper body work though. Tell her toned arms look sexy on a woman. Here's what I have my gf on right now (2x weekly)

Squats 3x10
    SLDL 3x10
    DB Shoulder Press 2x10
    Pulldowns 2x10
    Chest Dips 2x10
    BB Rows 2x10
    Standing Calf 2x10
    Abs

For cardio she does aerobics and martial arts.

Will probably cut the sets down a bit once I get her intensity up.
    seems good but why cut he sets down...

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by triso07
    she just wanted to add toning, and lose a minimal amount of weight.
    Unless her muscles are atrophied from disuse (paralysis, etc.), she needs to learn this:

Definition/cut/tone = low bodyfat.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50) ahadabans will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by scott_donald
    seems good but why cut he sets down...
    I was thinking mainly on squats and SLDL. I think 2 sets is enough. But right now my gf is struggling getting form down, so I have the weight lower than it should be. So extra sets until she gets the hang of these two.
    36 years old
    150 lbs
    7% bf

ianwabba has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb heres a workout

get her train 2 times a week with this

warm to start
    incline flyers 2 sets of each 12 reps
    pulldown to back
    leg extension
    seat leg curls
    hammer curls
    db lateral raise
    triceps pushdown
    seated calf raises
    hip flexours (revesve cunchs)

then 8 - 12 weeks after add one day. 3 set and 15 reps

and get her to lift half of her power max

eg if a 100ib get her to lift 50 lb
    if she finds it hard to lift half take some off so she can trian till 12 -15

plaese rembmer i do know what a a taking about because i am a
    wabba fitness instuctor

safe traning

ianwabba