Thread: HST Exercises

Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

HST Exercises

hey guys i'm doing the HST program and i was just wondering if i worked my triceps enough. i have bench, inc/dec flies and CGBP. is that good enough to work the tri's?

AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10) AxlTurwalt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Grand_Hustle View Post
    hey guys i'm doing the HST program and i was just wondering if i worked my triceps enough. i have bench, inc/dec flies and CGBP. is that good enough to work the tri's?
    Are you managing to get a 'good' pump from the workouts in your tri's? If so, then I would say it is sufficient enough to work your tri's.
    Owe more reps to:
    Mourning Tide

Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Grand_Hustle has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i think CGBP works pretty well, i was just wondering if i need to throw and isolation exercises in bcuz i have EZ bar curl for the bi's

BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the flies are not really doing much for your tri's. but the CGBP is a good choice. The only person who can decide if that is enough, is you. And since your asking the question my guess is the answer is no.

Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mtguy8787 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PopeyePete View Post
    Are you managing to get a 'good' pump from the workouts in your tri's? If so, then I would say it is sufficient enough to work your tri's.

Not this again...

I have stated my opinion on this.. but I think Ill do it again.

Getting a pump does not matter. It feels good, nothing more.

You can get a pump from a good (effective) workout.
    You can get a pump from an ineffective workout.
    You can 'not' get a pump from an effective workout (both ends of the spectrum)
    You can 'not' get a pump from an ineffective workout.

If you get a pump, great. But unless a pump is specifically what you are looking for, it should not be what you are 'trying to get' during your workout.

If you want a pump, here is a great way to get one. Take a fairly light weight, and start repping it out, until you cant do any more. Then do an opposing exercise in the same fashion. Repeat, one after the other until you have a pump.

Did you provide significant hypertrophy stimulus to your muscles> Maybe. Maybe not.

Your focus should be on performing your workout within the specified parameters, recording our workout, and making sure you make consistent progress (load, time, and rep/set progressions are all important)