emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My exp/logs with Dr. Bernstein Diet

Hey guys i havent posted in awhile but i thought i'd post this, i tried this diet out and i thought maybe some people would like to know what i got from it

Basically as i said awhile ago in another bernstein post is that it was under 1000cals, anyway.. you get a diet sheet and you have to log everything you eat , and from the bernstein recipe book they list out all the things you can eat, each going into a group.. protein/fruit/vegetable/bread groups. You have 2 serving from each group, anytime of the day, they recommended you eat 3 meals or spread it all out throughout the day.. so for example

1 fruit serving = 1 med apple /1 med orange /1/2 grapefruit
    1 veg = 8oz of raw veg, ie brocolli/cauliflower/tomato etc (all listed)
    1 bread = 2 triscruit crackers ( i use those)
    1protein = 100g of chicken breast (you get a scale) / 6 egg whites / 100g of fish fillet etc

and you get 1 cup of jello light for free everyday, you have to drink 2 liters of water throughout the day also.. you can drink caffeine free diet drinks but if you say drink 2 cups of it, they want u to match it with water.. so you drink 1 diet coke, you drink 355ml of water sometime during the day extra

Supplements: 1 multi + potassium every morning.. the only downside i had is that i got headrushes when i got up so they had to boost my potassium , so im on a Klite potassium 3 times a day with the diet

so heres my log for the first month i was on it

-Every Mon/Weds/Fri you get a b6/b12 injection , and they ask for morning urine on mondays/weds, and sometimes an evening urine 1 hour after u eat on weds and they test for ketosis when your there and they take a look at your log each time to make sure ur on track and record your weight

You are to eat 2 servins from each group

Thurs Sept 25th - 281.2 LB's - first day was eat anything as long as its on the bstein menu, but i jumped straight into eating the 2 servings per day

Thurs - 1 apple| 4 triscruits (= 2 bread serv) | 100g of chicken breast | 6 egg whites --- had 1 injection

Friday was my first injection

Fri - Sept 26th - 276.6
    1/4 Cantelope (1 F)
    2 triscruits (2 B)
    6egg whites (1 P)
    8oz lettuce/cucumber/celery (1 V)
    8oz tomato (1 V)
    100g veal (1 P)
    2 triscruits (1 B)

+1 litre of water after each meal

So as you can see, 2Bread/2fruit/2protein/2veg servs throughout the day but i decided to keep it simple and stick to 2 seperate menus

next day i would eat this
    BFAST: 6 egg whites + 1 Apple + 1 liter of water
    LUNCH: 4 triscruits + 1 Orange + 1 liter of water
    Dinner: 100g Chkn breast + 16oz brocolli/cauliflower +1liter of water

the next day
    BFAST: berstein protein pack (pudding mix with 100g of protein) + 1 Apple + 1 liter of water
    LUNCH: 4 triscruits + 1 Orange + 1 liter of water
    Dinner: ham/cheese omelete recipe from bstein book (which is 1 protein serving + 1 vegetable serving) + 8oz of red/green pepper

So i interchanged each day with those 2 menus

Fri sept 26th - 276.6 lb's
    Mon sept 29th - 269.8 Lb's
    Weds Oct 1st - 266.5 Lb's
    Fri Oct 3rd - 265.0 lbs
    Mon Oct 6th - 259.5
    Wed Oct8th - 256.6
    Fri Oct 10th - 254.5
    Mon Oct 14th - 254.2
    Wed Oct 16th 254.8
    Fri Oct 18th 253.0
    Mon Oct 20th - 249.8
    Wed oct 22nd 247.2
    Fri Oct 24th - 247.0
    Mon Oct 27th - 244.4
    Wed Oct 29th 242.8
    Fri Oct 31st 240.6lb's

Thats for all of oct, i went on and set a record at there clinic during November and lost 36LB's in one month lol

Dec 17th hit and im down to 200lb's, but ive been on maintenance and holding it around there now

Was it worth it: Yes if your looking to get rid of weight fast, but not if your obese.. If you get off the diet and dont eat right this diet messes with your system and youll gain weight QUICK.. i went off in dec for a few days and had a few binges (ah duh) and i gained 5lb's in a matter of a few days..

anyway.. if anyone has any questions about it you can pm me.. that was just my experience for you all to know

peace
    emplate

emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) emplate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh and its about 500$ a month cdn.. its not cost effective

other things i forgot to mention, they do blood tests on you every 3 -4 weeks to make sure everythings all right, and if your very obese they send you for chest xrays etc and do an ECG etc.. its well medically-supervised/ask u if any problems each day u go in for injection