Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Deadlift (kinda) Question

Ok, here goes....

My Lower back is recovering from an injury, so that means no deadlifts. When I was doing deadlifts a lot before, my upper back was getting huge. I assume that the upper back gets hit at the very top of the movement...the shrug.

So, if I were to just do shrugs, and lower the bar only a few inches, would that still hit my upper back ALMOST as much as doing a full deadlift?

BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50) BoxSquat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No shrug involved in deadlift.

Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Yodaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there is a little bit when you squeze at the top of the movement. If not, how is my upper back getting worked with a deadlift?

idiotsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Improper form? =)

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you want to hit you upper back just do some rows or something

Well I do, but it just seems like Deadlifts made my back huge. I am not getting the same thickness without them.

TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you can handle it, rack pulls. It will prbably help rehab your back. Dont go heavy. Just lower the weight one pin on the squat rack every session or 2.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Yodaddy
    Well I do, but it just seems like Deadlifts made my back huge. I am not getting the same thickness without them.
    thats cool, anyway hope you back gets better soon

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

My guess is that your mind is playing tricks on you dady .......

Has your weight changed ?
    5'11 @ 220lbs.
    Disclaimer: This is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way, shape, or form encourage use nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of
    legal substances in an illegal manner. The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only and shall not take the place of qualified medical advice

That could be it...

I never really deadlifted all that much...so I tended to shrug the weight a little at the top. That is probably what was going on.