Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100)

Post Want Giant Arms, Everything You Need To Know Here!!!

How to build big arms.

I get tired of seeing training articles every month in the muscle mags. I read
    some of them to keep up on what is happening in the weight world - not for
    the training articles. Iron man is almost all training articles; I don't read it
    anymore. Why? Because once you learn the exercises, these training
    articles aren't anything new because the authors just rehash and
    repackage the same exercises. The new thing these authors do that really
    pisses me off is to try and make training something complicated and one
    author in one of the more popular muscle mags recently said "There is a
    science to training the arms, a science that will help you achieve the gains
    you want and should expect from your training". Bull puke! I suppose the
    guy has to make a living by writing articles. He even copyrighted tables of
    exercises in the article! HAH! I think I am going to try and patent the air we
    breath! I am going to give it to you straight and I am going to start with the
    most important aspects of arm training first.

Let's start with genetics. You have to face facts, the size of your arms
    are going to be limited by the genes your ancestors blessed you with. You
    can't build peak if you don't have the genetics. Boyer Coe is an example.
    He has a split in his bicep. People actually ask him how he got it! The
    answer is that he got it from his dad who has the same split and doesn't
    even train! Look at Boyer's abs - he never had abs...and never will. Just like
    7UP...Never Had It...Never Will!!

Next on the list is overall body size. You can't have 19 inch arms and
    have a bodyweight of 160 pounds. IF YOU WANT TO GET SIGNIFICANTLY
    BIGGER ARMS YOU MUST INCREASE YOUR OVERALL MUSCLE
    MASS. Notice I said muscle mass. Anyone could eat themselves into
    oblivion and get big arms - but they would be all fat! How do you gain more
    overall muscle mass? Squat, bench press, and deadlift are three good
    ways to more muscle mass. Do these exercises once a week and
    consistently hard, take in enough good food, and get at least 8 hours sleep
    a night, and I'll bet you that your arm size increases.

So what exercises should you do for biceps? Well there are tons of curl
    variations for biceps. Don't expect me to list them in a table and try and
    copyright it! One of the bicep favorites is barbell curls. I personally did
    these for years and I think....they basically suck. Why? One big reason is
    that it is too easy to use other muscle groups to cheat. Plus you don't
    need any extra low back strain and most people end up doing curls that
    look more like power cleans. It wasn't until I made the preacher bench my
    biceps friend that I really got full development. You can do them either with
    a dumbbell or barbell or even use a cable. Full range should be used and
    you need to concentrate on squeezing the muscle at the top - do your reps
    like you are pumping up a tire - your biceps tire. Also, concentrate on
    using the biceps only and not use your upper back to assist the rep. How
    many sets? I say 2 to 3 sets and vary the reps schemes. You need to
    carry each set to positive failure. I can hear some people all ready..."What,
    only 3 sets!!!, but Mr. Joe Universe does 15 sets!". Forget the "other
    training articles" to; the ones by champion bodybuilders. You should
    question whether they even do the routines in the mags and remember that
    99% of these bodybuilders are chemically assisted. Work your biceps and
    your back on different days. The biceps should get HIT pretty well on back
    days as well. Most of the "gurus" of training articles fail to mention the
    importance of doing heavy back exercises in biceps development. But, I
    won't - doing heavy back exercises will contribute greatly to your biceps
    development. So in essence, you will be Hitting your biceps twice a week.

What about the triceps? If I read another training article that says - "The
    triceps are 2/3 of the muscle mass of the arm, don't neglect tricep training"
    I am going to puke! The fact is that the triceps get HIT in all your pressing
    movements. If you are working your chest hard with pressing movements,
    you can bet your weight belt that you don't need much direct triceps work.
    First off, stay away from elbow busters like lying triceps extensions a.k.a.
    skull crushers. Most people can't do these for years and not suffer some
    elbow pain. I like the close grip bench press for an overall tricep movement.
    How many sets? One or two is what I recommend. Vary your rep scheme.
    Concentrate on squeezing the triceps. The second exercise to finish with
    would be tricep pushdowns. Don't hump yourself over and turn it into a
    bench press! Stand erect and work the triceps! There is no need to let the
    weight come up to your forehead either!!!

So there you have it, some tips to BIG GUNS. Training biceps is simple
    and straight forward (just like all the other body parts). Science? You don't
    have to be Mr. Spock to lift weights and make gains, just remember part of
    my paycheck doesn't come from the muscle mags.

Good Luck!

GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    skillz-

i appreciate your effort in trying to help some people here, but i think your post is slightly skewed. the fact that you relegate and dismiss things to genetics is a bit exaggerated. abs and the "split" in the biceps are a result of low bodyfat, evryone has abs, and all people have a "split" in their bicep (some have 2 because they were born with 3 heads to their biceps and not 2), it is a matter of low bodyfat and water retention, not genetics. Next, you dismiss barbell curls for an isolation exercise (preacher curls). you are refuting scientific evidence when it comes to electrical stimulation of muscle fiber, as well as overload, by saying barbell curls suck. actually, when performed CORRECTLY, they can't be beat. Latly, the big arms comment and tris making up 2/3 of the arm, you say this statement bothers you. well...it is the truth, i'm not too sure i have seen really big arms that lack complete tricep development, large bis w/no tris don't look all that big, and in bodybuilding, symetery cannot be sacrificed.

so, to summarize, those of you lookinjg to get big arms, learn how to perform exercises correctly, utilize compound movements not isolation in your quest for big arms, and don't be limited by your bad hand in the gentics department.

Good luck
    Tired

Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100) Skillz is not very well liked. (-100)
    I agree with some aspects, but genetics can only improve your chances. I believe genetics makes it easyeir to reach that goal. If you didnt have the genetics you would have to work twice as hard to reach that goal, even though it is deffinetly possible.

Just workout hard and everyone can reach there goal.

idiotsavant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, first this is a copy and paste from somewhere. I've read it before. Second the original poster is correct about the genetics. You cant train a "split" or "peak" in your biceps. Next barbell curls are an isolation exercise just as preacher curls are. Also your average jerk who has no idea how to train is MUCH better off doing preachers over barbell curls. Elbow movement is bad m'kay. And finally the best way to big arms is from heavy chest and back work.

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    interesting article, few things i dont agree with but
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In my opinion, GENETICS is the biggest factor when it comes to arms, or any muscle for that matter. Muscles come in different shapes and sizes and only your genes can determine that. In my opinion, everyone has potential to grow some arms but some will be limited. Some may only go up to 17 inches or less while some may go up to 23. Bone structure, which is again where genetics come to play, also plays a big role in your arm's size. As far as that "gap", it's genetics. That gap you see between the end of your biceps and your elbows is your tendon, not the lack of muscle. Though your biceps will always overlap your bicep tendons by an inch or so, you can't build muscle over it! Water retention and low bodyfat tends to show that gap more, but genes is the bigger factor. The length of your bicep tendons and the length of the muscle or it's insertion points play a bigger role. A perfect example is Scott Steiner who has a lower bodyfat than Triple H but has less of that gap.

exactly

GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GUNZOFNAVARONE has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by jino
    In my opinion, GENETICS is the biggest factor when it comes to arms, or any muscle for that matter. Muscles come in different shapes and sizes and only your genes can determine that. In my opinion, everyone has potential to grow some arms but some will be limited. Some may only go up to 17 inches or less while some may go up to 23. Bone structure, which is again where genetics come to play, also plays a big role in your arm's size. As far as that "gap", it's genetics. That gap you see between the end of your biceps and your elbows is your tendon, not the lack of muscle. Though your biceps will always overlap your bicep tendons by an inch or so, you can't build muscle over it! Water retention and low bodyfat tends to show that gap more, but genes is the bigger factor. The length of your bicep tendons and the length of the muscle or it's insertion points play a bigger role. A perfect example is Scott Steiner who has a lower bodyfat than Triple H but has less of that gap.
    a gap and split are not the same, any exercise where weight is reduced and a single joint is used is an isolation exercise (preachers, concentration). Multi joint/compound exercises like squats and bench and deads allow one to overload with weight, thus being more effective at stimulating muscle. a bb curl can be an isolation movement, however, some shoulder involvement allows for heavier weight and bigger muscles
    Tired

Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nick666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skillz,

What's the logic behind your theory?

I'm familiar with your theory because I'm a HITer myself, but I know there seems to be contradictions in it that need to be sorted out:
    - you say your arms grow with indirect work. With indirect work, they're not training to failure. And you say at the same time that you need to do a few sets to failure. So they need to be trained to failure or not?
    - why would the growth of your arms depend on the growth of your back or chest? I mean, it is just a question of stimulus, whether the stimulus to your arms come from indirect work or direct, that should not matter.

So how does it really work? Here is how I understand it:
    My reason to all of this is that when you train with heavy compound movement, you don't necessarily create a lot of microdamage to the arms, BUT YOU STIMULATE THE PRODUCTION OF HORMONES - IGF-1..-, that help the entire body grow. The more stimulus there is throughout the body the more hormones will be secreted, and the more likely it is that you will grow everywhere - where some microtrauma are present.

Let's say for instance that you train only your arms one day. Probably you will not grow much because not much hormones will be produced. If instead you do heavy bench presses and deadlifts, you will produce say 3 times more hormones, and, combined with the stimulus that your arms received, your arms will grow.

As for going to failure on the arms, it should be done with the minimum volume IMO, otherwise the arms CNS will overtrain fast, which may limit muscle growth.

So the goal should be:
    - stimulate a large production of hormones,
    - cause microtrauma to the arms, but not too much
    - not overtrain the arms.

Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000) Corbint is just really nice. (+1000)

HE JACKED ALL THE TEXT FROM OTHER SITES

bro, just as you jacked text on your post in the Losing Fat post at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=214254 , you AGAIN have jacked text WORD FOR WORD from other sites and not cited your sources. Please, cite your damn sources and stop claiming that you wrote this stuff.

Here are some links(as if you DONT know) where the text was JACKED from... Your desire to "get a stickey" is appauling...

TEXT JACKED WORD FOR WORD FROM ::

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

OWNED!

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Genetics do play a big part in things. True, to get big you must eat big and all that good stuff but this reminds me of my friend who weighs a lot more than I do and just can't seem to get a chest. No matter what exercise he does or techniques he uses. He has that sunken chest look no matter what he does. Mine looks 10 x bigger than his. If you look at his father, he has the same type chest. Now, his arms grow like weeds with hardly any effort.

So diet, training and rest are all important but let's not fool ourselves and think that we can all look like the guys in the magazines. Regardless of the fact they juice. For every pro there are thousands that never reach that level due to genetics.

Just my opinion.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

EL CANGRI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i gotta agree with corbint u did get owned...aw well he is just trying to help..in the future you should cite where u are getting ur information so as not to look like a cpoy cat.
    6'3 238
    maxes are not all that good

deads 405x5
    squats 32/300; 6/425
    Incline 275/5 reps

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: HE JACKED ALL THE TEXT FROM OTHER SITES

Originally posted by Corbint
    bro, just as you jacked text on your post in the Losing Fat post at http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=214254 , you AGAIN have jacked text WORD FOR WORD from other sites and not cited your sources. Please, cite your damn sources and stop claiming that you wrote this stuff.

Here are some links(as if you DONT know) where the text was JACKED from... Your desire to "get a stickey" is appauling...

TEXT JACKED WORD FOR WORD FROM ::

OWNED!
    haha, lol
    Booo