Thread: the average man

JS-Ectomorph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

the average man

i remember reading that the average fully grown man can bench press 60 kg/ 132lbs , just wondering if this was a one rep max? if so thats terrible aha. and does ne1 know what the average squat would be?

MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For the average man, that probably means without training. First time benching which isn't too bad a number for first time with proper form. I'm still trying to reach that.
    ---------------------------
    ★★★AJ Lee Crew★★★
    -✪ Rampaigers Crew ✪-

i jjst reached it a while ago, but thats 10 reps. my point was though that quite a lot of ppl on here are about 5 years away frm ful development and can alredi out muscle the "average" man

Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andrewmul has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

d

Originally Posted by MikeX View Post
    For the average man, that probably means without training. First time benching which isn't too bad a number for first time with proper form. I'm still trying to reach that.
    waaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy another northern ireland boy!
    Strength, size, power and speed arent achievable without dedication, focus and determination.

The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Muhammad Ali

Current Lifts 5/05/08

all for 5 reps

Squat 210lbs (narrow stance atg)
    Deadlift 285lbs
    Bench 170lbs
    Row 150 lbs
    Military Press (standing) 116lbs

Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Roger999 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JS-Ectomorph View Post
    i remember reading that the average fully grown man can bench press 60 kg/ 132lbs , just wondering if this was a one rep max? if so thats terrible aha. and does ne1 know what the average squat would be?
    no it is not terrible, the average teen starts out at around 20-40kg bench

Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Goofxta is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    But if the average man worked out for a month or so their bench would easily be 60kg. So its not as bad as it sounds. Its just a lack of newb gains really. Also the average man eats like crap.

mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ill bet a normal guy in his twenties or thirties in decent shape could bench 60 KG the first time under a bench. Squat...tougher to say. Maybe also 60 KG. Seems like despite the fact that the potential to add weight on the squat is greater than the bench it takes a little while to feel comfortable under the bar. This is completely conjecture though

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yea. i was benching 175 x 8 2 days ago. i almost started laughing cause i used to have problems benching 135 x 10.
    that was in feb i had problems

Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zenkei18 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That is probably based on a 160 lb man.

mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mschatz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I didnt have a specific weight in mind, but i i was thinking the average sized person. 160-170...

Originally Posted by Roger999 View Post
    no it is not terrible, the average teen starts out at around 20-40kg bench

yup i started at 40KG , but i was 14/15 not 30

Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends on body weight too ofcourse.

For a 165lb male
    -Bench: 119lb
    -Squat: 110lb
    -Deadlift: 137lb

go here for more stats: http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html
    Up in the clouds

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Registered User ride_the_lightning2's Avatar
    ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ride_the_lightning2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mschatz View Post
    Ill bet a normal guy in his twenties or thirties in decent shape could bench 60 KG the first time under a bench. Squat...tougher to say. Maybe also 60 KG. Seems like despite the fact that the potential to add weight on the squat is greater than the bench it takes a little while to feel comfortable under the bar. This is completely conjecture though
    well put, with proper form i began squatting around 15 kilograms, i can now do three times that amount in the 5x5 program...on the other hand, i started out benching 30 kilograms, and my bench is now the same as squat, so in the same period squat has increased by 30kgs and bench by 1o

Originally Posted by Shreddedness View Post
    It depends on body weight too ofcourse.

For a 165lb male
    -Bench: 119lb
    -Squat: 110lb
    -Deadlift: 137lb

go here for more stats: http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html
    cheers boss have some reps

Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shreddedness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JS-Ectomorph View Post
    cheers boss have some reps
    lol what is reps?
    Up in the clouds